Exit 38 bandit

LUCKY

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! I just found out I was hit. I was missing my credit card, but found it later in the car. I thought well maybe I misplaced it. I go to check my account, $0.00 left in it. I'm not out a dime, but it will take a few days to get the money back into the account.

I wonder if we can set up some kinda sting on these bastards. We should be able to figure something out that will not risk anyone, but make sure the theives get caught. Maybe like call their plate info in on the police radio, report shots fired at a cop and give their vehicles description and direction of travel. Nothing that cops like more then to go after someone who shoots at them.

I called the numbers listed earlier, I wish I had been keeping up on this thread. I feel like an idiot. madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

mr.radon said:

Maybe like call their plate info in on the police radio, report shots fired at a cop and give their vehicles description and direction of travel. Nothing that cops like more then to go after someone who shoots at them.

I'd bet the cops would actually turn on you for filing a false report.

LUCKY said:

9-13-03 5:30 pm exit 38 bandits caught in act. They tried to run down one climber for trying to take down tag numbers and several verbal threats were made. over 5 cars known to have been prowled . There were two strong arm men, fat, tall ,dark hair, in 40's in white foreign full sized SUV,three men over 40 , one with all white hair, in dark grey ( almost black )Chevy Tahoe, one man in 20's on trail with walkie talkie picked up later by white SUV ,all men talked with acsent believed to be Russian . Tag numbers taken,321pwz,202rht,212hwp, it's believed that one SUV had different tags on the front and rear. State police responded in five minutes but the bandits had just left. King CO sheriff took statements several hours later. If you see them car prowling, call it into the state police with the direction on I-90 with a description of the vehicles. DO NOT confront then they are aggressive, try to take pictures. We now have a case number, 03-290856 Anyone with info or past stolen credit cards from the area please call King Co detectives at 206-296-4280 anyone car prowled on 9-13-03 call sheriff Christopher Myers at 206 296-3853 We need to get resolve and some action on this matter. How safe can you be at your climbing area knowing 6 thugs are car prowling your cars.

Good work, thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dane,

I'm willing to lure the fuckers and give them a whop. But in the description of these dirtbags I can only assume they will have at least one gun.

Since we already have license plates and vehicle descriptions and a record of the police doing jack shit there I can only assume that the cops will do nothing again. Or least not be in a hurry to do something about it.

What do you propose?

I don't think it would be too hard to stealth up on the fuckers in action after luring them.

All they do is watch trails coming out of the woods...

But to get shot for credit card theft in a joe the law situation might not be worth it...

A gun would be a good tool.. But a clever plan that does not call for apprehending anyone or little to no interaction is probably the best plan. You can take all the pictures you want. But what good is that gonna do if cops already have a license plate.

From the reports it sounds like to me that plan is better said than done because they have a getaway car with someone in it. I suspect this might be the person likely to have the gun too (speculation). But if you could manage it fine. Sneaking up on someone in a car could be easy or could be difficult depending on the vigilance of the driver watching the area. My guess is his eyes will be peeled and that it's not really the best option.

Okay, how 'bout this: a long heavy-duty chain strung between two trees and reinforced in such a way that they can't remove it. The chain would block the way out. Of course, this screws up anyone else trying to leave.

Or maybe a rented backhoe kind of vehicle to block the way.

Just brainstorming here.