Exit 38 bandit

LUCKY

Has anyone determined the LE jurisdiciton for this parking area? Is it county, state-wsp, state parks, DOT, DNR? It would be helpful to talk with those specifically responsible for parking security if that can be determined. Many of those agencies have cameras that can be installed and that should be pursued. Is this a fee parking area?

Oh, and while were at it, snaf.gif

Edited by mtn_mouse

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LUCKY said:

Dane said:

Dude putting your # on the net is kinda out there!

Oh, ya realllllly out there rolleyes.gif

Good intel though thanks. Like I said, a phone call would help. Feel free to just use your screen name...since it is so risky.

for the full name check your exit 38 guide moon.gif

. In the climbing circle I am not hard to find.

badass rolleyes.gif

LUCKY

Dude that is my name, or nick name ,for the full name check your exit 38 guide moon.gif

Dudette, I am not hard to check out, try IDAHO ROCK, Vantage, ROCKY MOUNTAINS SOUTH, CLIMBING or MOUNTAIN. But exit 38? It actually has a guide book, some how I have missed buying one, ya the_finger.gif Wanker. rolleyes.gif

Or you want to involve the press i'm in........Has anyone determined the LE jurisdiciton for this parking area?

The final plan would involve both the press and local LE. King County S.O. is responsible for the parking area. I have been in contact with them and will continue those conversations. LE involvement is more important than the press, which BTW has already committed to coverage.

Anyone cares to show I'll be at the Starbucks by the Safeway Sat morning 10AM in North Bend just east of the outlet stores.

Edited by Dane

Cpt.Caveman said:

I don't think it would be too hard to stealth up on the fuckers in action after luring them.

A gun would be a good tool..

A .22 rifle with a scope could easily take out some tires from a safe and secure location, eh? Then no one is going anywhere

Dane said:

What does it take for someone like you to get involved Dustin? You have to be ripped off first? When that does happen I suspect you'll do nothing again and make another fiable attempt to explain away your words.

Either you have a poor command of the English lauguage or you're an ......... never mind it isn't worth it.

Yes, I would get involved if it happened to me. But the point is that it won't happen to me. I don't leave shit in the car to get stolen any time I go into the woods. That has happened to too many friends and I don't have to learn the hard way. If people stopped leaving stuff to get stolen it wouldn't happen. This is actually a simple concept that you just can't seem to grasp. Take away the food and the animals will look elsewhere.... duh.

But I respect the fact that people want to dedicate their time to this, that is great. You might have more luck waiting until June when it actually affects more people. I mean who the hell goes to Exit 38 this time of year???

And I fail to see where I have been unclear in my posts so as far as having a "poor command of the English language", I'd say its no worse than yours. rolleyes.gif

Maybe one of your problems is your piss poor attitude. Talking smack is not the way to get people involved, you dipshit. Good luck.

It sounds like this area is next to the Iron Horse trail, managed by State Parks. Have you tried contacting them? These kinds of situations are often handled best by those guys. The manager could be contacted at Lake Sammamish, since Ollalie state park is just a satellite of that. Many of the rangers are fully trained and armed, and routine patrolling may scare the clouters away.

Dane(is that a girly name or what)said

Dudette, I am not hard to check out, try IDAHO ROCK, Vantage, ROCKY MOUNTAINS SOUTH, CLIMBING or MOUNTAIN. But exit 38? It actually has a guide book, some how I have missed buying one, ya the_finger.gif Wanker. rolleyes.gif

I don't recall taking smak about you ,or you even being around to confront these guys

But if you want to hook up and discuss me being a dudette and a wanker I'm down for that madgo_ron.gif

I am thinking of trowing away my $500 day of Ironwork to check out gods gift to climbing the_finger.gif

"Talking smack is not the way to get people involved, you dipshit. Good luck."

Best part about any thread made here is few can follow up on their comments. No different than any other Internet forum. Even fewer have the stones to do something about what has been happening in their own community, any community.

I have been out of serious climbing for 10 years or more. I'm out of shape and fat but I have no tolerence for theives and zero for bs.

I actually though some of the local climbers, that are involved, would have been pro-active or at the very least be willing to be pro-active and put a stop to the silliness at Exit 38.

But what I have seen on this thread is a bunch of sheep or worse yet some wanker that moon.gif and thinks I have talked smack to him rolleyes.gif Maybe someone will loan me a Exit 38 guide and I can look you up personally Lucky, so you don't have to loose a day's work. You know where I will be in the morning if you are offended.

Still like to pick your brain since you have actually seen this group four different times in action.

Pretty much what has been said, is what I thought would be the response here. Dissappointing because I actually thought the climbing community might be willing to take some responsibilty for ourselves. But that hasn't changed even if times have so I shouldn't be so surprized.

So if I talked a little smack and dared any of you to get off your ass and do something about other climbers being ripped off, or heaven forbid that it might actually happen to you, too bad. cry.gif

The job will get done either way. My phone and email are listed and I will happily include anyone that wants to be involved. But I'm not a baby sitter or out to win a personality contest yelrotflmao.gif

Edited by Dane

New possibility:

Acquire some of those car-tire puncturing tacks like the police use. Throw them in the road on the escape route. The perpetrators probably won't even see the tacks if the road is gravel. There would have to be a fair number of tacks to ensure that a flat did occur.

In this way, they wouldn't break down right away whereupon they could accost us. Instead, they'd have to pull up on the freeway or drive on the flat(s). In the meantime, the police could move in effectively. This would obviously require a timely flat (not too quick, not too late).

No shots were fired past the electronic one over the bow of the BGs. wink.gif

I had a meeting with local media late last week. A few of us showed up in North Bend. I met with others earlier. Meeting early this week with KCSO. Further progress will not be posted on the BBS for all the obvious reasons. Anyone interested in being involved can contact me directly. At this point we are looking for man/woman power for future leg work but nothing happening till after the Holidays.

Never claim to be anything other than a fat old man that likes climbing.

What I was trying to get accross was I am a private person and I am not willing to give info accross the net , especially if it could lead these guy to me .

The last time I came across them they tried to get everyones tag # so I am thinking they have access to to the dept of licensing and planned on a drive by.

LUCKY rockandsteel@hotmail.com

Dane said:

"Talking smack is not the way to get people involved, you dipshit. Good luck."

Best part about any thread made here is few can follow up on their comments. No different than any other Internet forum. Even fewer have the stones to do something about what has been happening in their own community, any community.

I have been out of serious climbing for 10 years or more. I'm out of shape and fat but I have no tolerence for theives and zero for bs.

I actually though some of the local climbers, that are involved, would have been pro-active or at the very least be willing to be pro-active and put a stop to the silliness at Exit 38.

But what I have seen on this thread is a bunch of sheep or worse yet some wanker that moon.gif and thinks I have talked smack to him rolleyes.gif Maybe someone will loan me a Exit 38 guide and I can look you up personally Lucky, so you don't have to loose a day's work. You know where I will be in the morning if you are offended.

Still like to pick your brain since you have actually seen this group four different times in action.

Pretty much what has been said, is what I thought would be the response here. Dissappointing because I actually thought the climbing community might be willing to take some responsibilty for ourselves. But that hasn't changed even if times have so I shouldn't be so surprized.

So if I talked a little smack and dared any of you to get off your ass and do something about other climbers being ripped off, or heaven forbid that it might actually happen to you, too bad. cry.gif

The job will get done either way. My phone and email are listed and I will happily include anyone that wants to be involved. But I'm not a baby sitter or out to win a personality contest yelrotflmao.gif

How have I not followed up on my comments? I said I wouldn't help out right now and I didn't!! Maybe you need to get some other hobbies so you have something to do in the winter when you can't rock climb. Why don't you try skiing??!! Then you'll have a way to spend your free time instead of getting pissed that so few care about your cause right now, because right now it affects so few people. If you're so disappointed with this board then go the f*&k away. Go be hardcore someplace else, cause most of us that post here aren't hardcore. rolleyes.gif

And you obviously do have a tolerance for bullshit because you keep posting...

And you nailed it, I am proud to admit I'm a wanker, but you are getting Lucky and I confused. He is in the Exit 38 guide, I'm just a wanker who occasionally climbs at Exit 38, IN THE SUMMER!! Are you dense or what? confused.gif

You really do blow my F*&^ing mind. You keep bashing Lucky and then ask for his help. You're a strange dude. wazzup.gif

Anyways, thanks to all who spent their Saturday doing this and good luck. thumbs_up.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

BTW last fall I saw them doing there thing again but they ID'ed me before I could plan a group ass kick'n and of course you know the responce time of the KCSD.

Last seen driving older white Subaru wagon ,Tall kid short light color hair arm band tatoo ( slim jim dude ) shorter dark hair dude ( does the scanning ) they now have a long dirty blond hair girl(good look'n) in tow, they all seem to be in there 20's

They also like to hang by the river and nail the fishermen

One fisherman told me there was just kids down by the river pitty.gif they know when fly fishing the river the fishermen leave there wallets in there car.

What a cash cow that parking lot is , no wonder they can't be scared off.

THEY WILL BE BACK

trask needs to smartn up we should never have to climb some where else becuase of a theif, and this is one of the most devloped crags around now do we really want all those after work and week end weenies to be ruining to all of the other quailty places by going some where else 38 is like an out door gym i needs to be kept that way so no one ruins the rest of the state, yes i think its time for a lynch mob get these guys so the seattliltes do mob everything else