Exit 38 bandit

LUCKY

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today six of us were around when someone (Lucky?) identified the suspect cars (grayish Chevy trailblazer and red 2-door Mazda). We approached the cars and they drove off, but before they could get away, my dad (sporting a stylish fresh gash on his leg) got the two cars (and their plates) on film. One of the guys managed to approach the Chevy and exchange a few words with someone inside, who apparently had a Euro accent of some sort... Russian Mafia maybe?

Two days ago I put up new BIG signs today the one in the parking lot was down so i looked around and found it in a bush and put it back up high on tree so as I am walking under the climb side dish I look down see red car and the banbits doing there thing instead of calling the police I take off find them still in the parking lot pictures where taken plate # were taken and I looked him in the face from two feet .I had left my pack on the RR grade by two girls when I went back and told them what had happened they said they had credit cards in there car ,I ask if they had seen the big sign on the trail, they had [Confused]

So now my neck is on the line ,what's it take for climbers to not leave Credit cards in there car

To top it off after the bandits took off this dude shows up ,looks just like the dude that did my credit card 4 years ago, hangs close not saying anything has rope and stick clip just taking in beta .This would be the hold back man . This is the dude that stays back and finds out just how much the police know. Thanks Gary and especialy to your dad for taking the pictures and to all 4 of you for backing me up, oh yea the police did show up an hour and a half later took beta said they would be in touch [Roll Eyes] Gary I would be very interested in getting those pictures as soon as possiable as to spread them around and for the police.

The above post shall contain errors because I am still wired over it

[ 09-21-2002, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: LUCKY ]

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Yngve:

Today six of us were around when someone (Lucky?) identified the suspect cars (grayish Chevy trailblazer and red 2-door Mazda). We approached the cars and they drove off, but before they could get away, my dad (sporting a stylish fresh gash on his leg) got the two cars (and their plates) on film. One of the guys managed to approach the Chevy and exchange a few words with someone inside, who apparently had a Euro accent of some sort... Russian Mafia maybe?

I would not be suprised if this group is not a multi million dollar ring like the one they busted in Canada just lately

I am so wired I could run laps on 5.11

[Mad][Mad][Mad]

[ 09-14-2002, 05:10 AM: Message edited by: LUCKY ]

Lucky -

Write all the local papers and columnists explaining the situation and how the police haven't been helpful, then tell everyone here who you wrote to and we will send emails too. Post similar stuff on related websites ie Mountaineers and NW Hikers. We should figure out who to call and start calling. Make youself visible and something will happen - being aggressive in the parking lot is a recipe for problems.

[ 09-14-2002, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Peter Puget ]

Trask that is totally stupid. Yeah I'd love to kick their ass, and I would too, but where does that get me. They could charge me with assault, and if they are in some kind of organized crime which I believe this is, then they could come after me.

Peter's advice is exactly what I told Lucky. If the local police don't listen go to their superior. If he blows you off go to the County Sherrif and the FBI. Then you go to the press and give the police some bad coverage. Not only will that put some heat on the police it will also raise awareness of what is happening. Plus you don't need the risk of getting shot.

Two days later and i haven't heard squat but it's the weekend ,I will give it a few more weekdays than I think jons right, It's time to make noise. I think they are really working the climbers but all the trail heads are being worked and it would be rightious if someone would post on some of the other outdoor activities sites.

I had a good climbing weekend and I am feeling much better now [big Grin][big Drink]

Was at Exit 38 breifly yesterday, didnt see any of the suspect vehicles, hope nobody got broken into. Speaking of first available officer I was on forest service 58, right next to I-90 yesterday, and after climbing at the pass I came across skid markes on one of the hairpin turns. I got out and sure enough there was an Explorer down the cliff in the trees. There were personal items scattered all around the truck, admist broken trees. I went down and couldnt see how anyone could have survived, thinking the worst (while someone on the road was calling the police). Well nobody around but the wreck was pretty fresh, looks like they got out somehow.

The police said stay there and they would send first available officer [Embarrassed] . 1 1/2 hours later we called again and said that it would be handled later and we can go home. [Eek!]

[ 09-15-2002, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: To The Top ]

Want to get the cops out there in a hurry? Try this method:

A man was going up to bed, when his wife told him he'd left the light on in the garden shed - she could see it from the bedroom window. But he said that he hadn't been in the shed that day. He looked himself, and there were people in the shed, stealing things.

He rang the police, but they told him that no one was in his area, so no one was available to catch the thieves. He said OK, hung up, counted to 30 and rang the police again.

"Hello. I just rang you a few seconds ago because there were people in my shed? Well, you don't have to worry about them now, I've just shot them all."

Within five minutes there were half a dozen police cars in the area, an Armed Response unit, the works. Of course, they caught the burglars red-handed. One of the policemen said to this man: "I thought you said you'd shot them!"

He replied, "I thought you said there were no cops available!" [laf]