Exit 38 bandit

LUCKY

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LUCKY said:

9-13-03 5:30 pm exit 38 bandits caught in act. They tried to run down one climber for trying to take down tag numbers and several verbal threats were made. over 5 cars known to have been prowled . There were two strong arm men, fat, tall ,dark hair, in 40's in white foreign full sized SUV,three men over 40 , one with all white hair, in dark grey ( almost black )Chevy Tahoe, one man in 20's on trail with walkie talkie picked up later by white SUV ,all men talked with acsent believed to be Russian . Tag numbers taken,321pwz,202rht,212hwp, it's believed that one SUV had different tags on the front and rear. State police responded in five minutes but the bandits had just left. King CO sheriff took statements several hours later. If you see them car prowling, call it into the state police with the direction on I-90 with a description of the vehicles. DO NOT confront then they are aggressive, try to take pictures. We now have a case number, 03-290856 Anyone with info or past stolen credit cards from the area please call King Co detectives at 206-296-4280 anyone car prowled on 9-13-03 call sheriff Christopher Myers at 206 296-3853 We need to get resolve and some action on this matter. How safe can you be at your climbing area knowing 6 thugs are car prowling your cars.

wave.gif

If you can get some good video of the crooks in action, you can then give a copy of it to Newstips at King5 and get it on the air. It will have everyone looking for these guys and it will also shame the authorities into taking action. They already have the info. They go out and make the arrests and then given the prior publicity, make themselves out to be big heroes. Everyone wins.

Cpt.Caveman said:

Dane,

What do you propose?

If anyone is actually serious. You can contact me via private email or on the phone and we can set of a group meet in person and go through the details. Easy enough to do and be successful but not what you want discuss in an open forum. It is all legal and safe. Safe being a relative term in serious alpine climbing.

I need half dozen guys or gals with a little grit to pull it off. I have the other connections to hook up the rest. Come on be a hero wink.gif Be nice if it is a small goup who already know each other from CC.com. One guy can't easily do it by himself and it will take a few days I suspect. BUT the problem, short term anyway, can be easily solved.

rdburns@cnw.com or 425 391 3202

Edited by Dane

catbirdseat said:

If you can get some good video of the crooks in action, you can then give a copy of it to Newstips at King5 and get it on the air. It will have everyone looking for these guys and it will also shame the authorities into taking action. They already have the info. They go out and make the arrests and then given the prior publicity, make themselves out to be big heroes. Everyone wins.

This sounds like the best idea yet!!

Although I have often parked at Exit 38, I haven't been violated yet, so I don't have the motivation to get involved. good luck.

catbirdseat said:

How difficult would it be to rig up a hidden camera in a tree and then go climbing? Just leave the tape rolling for three hours from 5 pm to 8 pm on a June evening. You'd have to be certain no one was around to watch you set it up. Heck, the news people might even supply the camera.

sure they would. rolleyes.gif if you wanna for out the $1000 then go right ahead.

This thread is pretty funny. Too funnny in fact.

Just like the rest of the world the majority here like to talk about it or ask someone else to take responsibility for them. You want a rescue when it snows, some one to haul you off a wall when you fall and get hurt. If you have done those things for others you know the risk you ran helping them.

But again unlike a climber who claims to be bold and self sufficient in the bar and hangs out at the local top ropes....most aren't willing, let alone able, to back up their speil here.

May be you don't think you have the abilities to keep yourself or others from being victims. Maybe you just don't give a shit because it is exit 38 or you haven't been hit yet.

Hell, may be you are scared of these guys (for good reason IMO)

But the fact is, any half dozen teen girls, that have that mental ability to send a decent rock route have the ability to stand up to thugs. BTDT

One (just one) of you emailed me to ask what I had planned.

Be happy to discuss it in person but not on email or the Internet.... for those that haven't a clue they call that operational security.

Wouldn't be surprised if your theives aren't on line here. I would be if you were my victims.

Bottom line, stop bitching about being a victim and having your collective asses kicked and fight back. Have a meeting, make a plan and follow through.

The news media needs to be a part of it but not in the ways mentioned here. I was instrumental, because of my contacts, getting something done about the guys thugged in Squamish. Easy enough to do again but this situation needs a little different approach IMO before that option is played.

You really want to do something, get together in person, soon, and I'll tell you how.

Or take the other option and let someone else clean up "OUR" mess.

I personally think the climbing at Exit 38 sucks. I have zero spare time and I sure ass hell don't want to get involved with a bunch of wangers (which is how most come across here) But I am willing to take the time, put in the effort and solve the problem...simply because I can ( just as you CAN) and most importantly it pisses me off that guys get away with this kind of shit.

chucK said:

Dane said:

Wouldn't be surprised if your theives aren't on line here. I would be if you were my victims.

Then it might be possible that one or two would show up to your meeting eh? Just a thought.

Make everyone introduce themselves. Anyone with a Russian accent should be held suspect. cantfocus.gif

Dustin_B said:

"I haven't been violated yet, so I don't have the motivation to get involved"

What? Why does that make you mad?

What does it take for someone like you to get involved Dustin? You have to be ripped off first? When that does happen I suspect you'll do nothing again and make another fiable attempt to explain away your words.

Either you have a poor command of the English lauguage or you're an ......... never mind it isn't worth it.

I am more than happy to host a meeting in North Bend over any weekend. Easy enough to sort out who belongs to the group and who doesn't. It aint rocket science guys.

You think the thugs are? They just have to be a tiny bit braver and more willing that the typical CC keyboad groupie. At this point that seems pretty easy and makes you guys easy prey.

I bet they laugh their asses off while spending your money, thinking American climbers are a bunch of putzs. From the comments here, they have most of you pegged.

At the moment their are 4 of us willing. We just need more people. How about a get together this weekend.

Edited by Dane

This is like the perfect crime they scan your card with a scaner in the trunk of a seperate car, so it is hard to prove they have even stolen anything.

The slim jim expert is actualy w/m 6 foot dirty blond hair and does not talk with an accent, his close partner is 5foot 8 to 9 dark hair and they blend in well, the thugs are just back up and trail watch because they have almost been thumped in the past.

The king co police don't want to be bothered with it because it's not a gimme bust .

I got the impression from the state police that they would like to bust them instead of writing speeding tickets on the freeway all day, but calling 911 they dump you on king co police weather you like it or not unless you call it in as I90 and not the trail head.

They are also seasonal mostly from mid july to september

This group is large organized crime, they are smart and have mussel

I have been face to face with them 4 times so if I can help with beta let me know, I can hook you up, if you have balls to kick ass and put to rest this BS.

Myself ,I have had it madgo_ron.gif

I know there MO

What needs to happen is block their cars with our cars call the state police and be prepared to kick ass and when you show the police how their do nothing shit has brought it to this point, it will make the news and they will make it a point to bust the whole gang

Lucky,

We have the ability and know how to solve the problem with the initial group. We need more info and more bodies to do it right. Your help would be invaluable. Can you meet this weekend locally?

Edited by Dane

Bug said:

chucK said:

Dane said:

Then it might be possible that one or two would show up to your meeting eh? Just a thought.

Make everyone introduce themselves. Anyone with a Russian accent should be held suspect. cantfocus.gif

hey now. some people say i do. and i aint no booster! madgo_ron.gif

Dude putting your # on the net is kinda out there!

Im willing to take them down, but not willing to spend time on it till next summer.

With cell phones, cameras, walkie talkies and enough mussel I think we could take them down and stir up the press enought to get them put away.

Oh yeah they pose as fishermen, hikers, and climbers

Watch them work from the ledge below just desert or even better from the top ,you can watch them roll in do there thing and leave.

Dane said:

Oh, ya realllllly out there rolleyes.gif

Good intel though thanks. Like I said, a phone call would help. Feel free to just use your screen name...since it is so risky.

i think dane is one of em! madgo_ron.gif jeez you are all freaks. are ya gonna do something about it or are you just gonna bitch about it for the rest of you lives until you are too decrepit too do anything!?! cry.gif

i think dane is one of em!?! cry.gif

wave.gif Sure would be easy enough to be driving a new car every month and never have to buy climbing gear again. Not my style though. I would rather just walk up and bitch slap a few of the wankers here in person, take their gear and then, casually, walk away.

The typical reaction? cry.gif Hell, Lucky has seen them 4 fuc....... times and practically knows them all by name. But now he is too busy to help till spring. But then he was too busy last spring to do anything more than write about it. rolleyes.gif

I posted my email and phone number to tell anyone that wants to be involved I am real. Takes 2 seconds to check me out. I can also guarantee local TV involvement, and relative safety for those who want to be a part of this.

BTW do you think these guys go into hibernation all winter? If you ski, showshoe or use the snow park system you are at risk.

I'm in. Let's meet this weekend. Saturday morning in North Bend works best for me but I have set aside the entire day just in case. I talked to Dane. He is real. This is something you can tell your grandkids. Get off your butts and do it for the community.

There are a lot of good people out there who do a lot for the community. This is a little wierd and maybe a little dangerous. The more of us there are, the safer it gets. This is the kind of problem that only gets worse with time. I don't want to be talked about the way we talked about Squamish. It is totally obvious that WE are the only ones who will actually do anything.

If not us, nobody.

If not now, then when?

It is time to rockband.gif

Dane said:

Oh, ya realllllly out there rolleyes.gif

Good intel though thanks. Like I said, a phone call would help. Feel free to just use your screen name...since it is so risky.

Dude that is my name, or nick name ,for the full name check your exit 38 guide moon.gif

I'm working 6/10's so I can enjoy summer , I'm not wasting my time in the cold for nada, I'm up for a minimal time stake out this summer, or if you want to involve the press i'm in . In the climbing circle I am not hard to find.