Exit 38 bandit

LUCKY

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"there is not one damn loose item to be seen"

that is what he said cock sucker [HORSECOCK] he never said "nothign" in teh car...he said he wasn't a fucking tool about it and leave his cd faceplate on teh fucking seat and his x-tra climbing gear sprawled about...eat me and learn how to read...and have a day [big Grin]

I don't do road trips in my car. Fly into wherever, rent a car and do it that way. Around here even for an overnighter I see no reason to burden oneself with a ton of needless shit. I've got a fleshlite, horsecock & cheese -- what more does a man need on a short epic?

Have a nice day, ye of little faith [smile]

Once while at 38 we had bought some beers for a post climbing drink. So to keep them cold we put them in the creek and covered with rocks. They were tied up in a plastic sack. So after the days climbing we uncovered our beers and took them back to the car, only to find that we were one short. Appearantly someone uncovered the beers took one, re-tied the bag, put it back in the creek. I guess it's good they only took one and not the whole bag. It was actually rather funny.

quote:

Originally posted by COL. Von Spanker:

Once while at 38 we had bought some beers for a post climbing drink. So to keep them cold we put them in the creek and covered with rocks. They were tied up in a plastic sack. So after the days climbing we uncovered our beers and took them back to the car, only to find that we were one short. Appearantly someone uncovered the beers took one, re-tied the bag, put it back in the creek. I guess it's good they only took one and not the whole bag. It was actually rather funny.

thanks! [big Drink]

Last year I was the door shutter (close your doors when hiking), 3 times I could have ransacked cars at popular trailheads...Si while climbing in plastics, tiger mountian too; no Cougars there, they were at the Husky game, and Granite mtn no excuse! While I read about the stuff left in cars in plain sight it makes me wonder about those who leave the doors open. BTW where are the pics of those "Russians breaking into cars" that I have heard about at 38? TTT [Eek!]

[ 10-07-2002, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: To The Top ]

Hey I think I see Bigfoot in one of those pictures? [big Grin]

What has been done with the license plate numbers? Chances are if the plates are valid and these guys are as stupid as they sound, they should have a criminal record which along with the pictures and witness accounts would be probable cause.

Any luck with the Police? Time to go to the media?

• 6 months later...
jules said:

Originally posted by LUCKY:

[QB]I feel like I am hitting my head against a brick wall I post signs I get my tires slashed I call the police they put me on hold lie to me and tell me they will send some one out never happens they take my number and still nothing happens

Almost hate to tell ya, but this is because THEY DON'T CARE. Had my wallet and checkbook stolen a few years ago... one of the checks that was written from the book (yes, actually hand written like in the old ages, used with my ID and everything) was to have A PIZZA DELIVERED TO THE THIEVES' HOME ADDRESS. I called the SPD to report it, they said, "huh, well, huh, well, huh, i guess the pizza place can file it as a fraudulent check."

Dude, they just have other incidents with which they're more concerned. Even if it's not the SPD, showing up at Ex38 parking to bust some ID fraud just isn't going to rate on-duty time. Sorry.

Rule .308, baby. Rule three-oh-eight. Why would the donut eaters be any quicker to take that report? Just drive away.

A7U said:

jules said:

Originally posted by LUCKY:

[one of the checks that was written from the book (yes, actually hand written like in the old ages, used with my ID and everything) was to have A PIZZA DELIVERED TO THE THIEVES' HOME ADDRESS.

Post the address. the_finger.gif

• 3 months later...

The bandit is back!!! madgo_ron.gif

Same shit breaks in cars only does credit cards locks car back up.

He has a like for the subaru OUTBACK.

Did my girlfriends car Wednesday left xtra climbing gear went through cloths and items in the car, took nothing locked car back up, sometime after 4 oclock he also forgot to turn the rear dome lite off and did not put the cloths back as neet as he used to , he's getting sloppy, or maybe a new trainee.

LUCKY said:

The bandit is back!!! madgo_ron.gif

Same shit breaks in cars only does credit cards locks car back up.

He has a like for the OUTBACK.

Did my girlfriends car Wednesday left xtra climbing gear went through cloths and items in the car, took nothing locked car back up, sometime after 4 oclock he also forgot to turn the rear dome lite off and did not put the cloths back as neet as he used to , he's getting sloppy, or maybe a new trainee.

its hard to pay attention to details when youre tweaking.

I think I may have seen one of the fools. He was sitting at the base of the trail opposite the parking area. I was there with my wife and when we passed him on the way up he said he was 'waiting for someone'. We felt he was being rather creepy but, not knowing the trouble people have had with thieves, we kept on going. On our way back down, we ran into him again! As we approached, he got up and left and then got into a van on the passengers side. Too bad I didn't think to grab my digicam from my pack and snap a pic of his face.

Anybody know about how often these fuckers strike? If it's at least once a week, I say we do a stakeout. Take the law in our own hands, like Charles Bronson.

And why do you folks leave your wallets in your cars? Just bring it with you, and leave it in your backpack when you climb.

• 5 weeks later...

9-13-03 5:30 pm exit 38 bandits caught in act. They tried to run down one climber for trying to take down tag numbers and several verbal threats were made. over 5 cars known to have been prowled . There were two strong arm men, fat, tall ,dark hair, in 40's in white foreign full sized SUV,three men over 40 , one with all white hair, in dark grey ( almost black )Chevy Tahoe, one man in 20's on trail with walkie talkie picked up later by white SUV ,all men talked with acsent believed to be Russian . Tag numbers taken,321pwz,202rht,212hwp, it's believed that one SUV had different tags on the front and rear. State police responded in five minutes but the bandits had just left. King CO sheriff took statements several hours later. If you see them car prowling, call it into the state police with the direction on I-90 with a description of the vehicles. DO NOT confront then they are aggressive, try to take pictures. We now have a case number, 03-290856 Anyone with info or past stolen credit cards from the area please call King Co detectives at 206-296-4280 anyone car prowled on 9-13-03 call sheriff Christopher Myers at 206 296-3853 We need to get resolve and some action on this matter. How safe can you be at your climbing area knowing 6 thugs are car prowling your cars.