Excuses For Missing Rope Up 2007

Dechristo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and m'buddy "pope" didn't show up because:

a) we don't feel welcome with our "sport-climbing is an embarrassment, charade and enviromental travesty" attitude;

b) we were in Leavenworth LAST WEEKEND without the crowds generated by such events;

c) instead, we both decided to train our tails off locally and afterwards drank some outstanding micro-suds without having to drive 3 hours to watch other folks drink, beta-mime their new and EXCITING! bouldering moves. and brag about their latest rap-drilled rape of Icicle Canyon.

d) although I'm (almost) sure there were some very cool people there as well (Timmay?). Maybe next year when you invite us to do a rockin' slide-show, we'll appear and dazzle you all with "Dwayner 'n Pope's Kings of Trad Tour".

Live from Leavenworth! Rope-Up 2007:

midgets_lederhosen_2.jpg

c) instead, we both decided to train our tails off locally and afterwards drank some outstanding micro-suds without having to drive 3 hours to watch other folks drink, beta-mime their new and EXCITING! bouldering moves. and brag about their latest rap-drilled rape of Icicle Canyon.

On Saturday we walked past some bolted, mossy routes on Secret Dome on the way to Ozone. Are these worth climbing? Who put them up? Just curious.

Went to Breitenbush…..ate good food. Soaked in the hot springs until I was a prune…..got a massage…..ate more good food….saw good friends….met cool people…..soaked again in the hot springs……slept and read a book…..spent time with my family…..that place rules….

Umm, because 11Worth is a lot further away than Enchanted Tower in New Mexico, which is where I went instead.

I sure miss that event, though. I always had a great time, especially the year I got to hang out and drink beer with Dick Cilley.

Hope you all had a great time!

Erik

My list:

1) I forgot.

2) Sat was the Climb Max sale. They had free beer.

3) Sunday needed to spend some time with the family.

4) My left arm hurts.

5) No one invited me.

6) Thought Dwayner and Pope would show up spraying anti-bolt venom and we'd have to get down. Haven't been flossing so my teeth just can't take the hits like they use too when I was young.

7) Chance to be almost alone. ...in the woods...with 10,000 hunters.....all blasting that peace and quiet to hell.....

8) Saturday and Sunday was a church day, a special time to be alone at a secluded retreat: away from the hustle and bustle

............at Gothic Rocks and the Cathedral formation specifically. Put in 2 (two) bolts. Spent most of the day getting to that point. Came back Sun. with the wife and 2 dawgs and did some trail work. Hank the Dog did make the highlight reel of the day by puking 3 (three) times inside the car. Once on my rope bag.

Cathedral_overview_small.jpg

Now I'm jonesing in a big way over the place. Not saying you all aren't good company, but it's a rare and unusual treat to be the first climber's to EVER to touch a virgin crag. I have experienced this before and it's something which totally consumes your mind, waking and sleeping.

poor raindawg, its not the attitude, its the delivery, you closet hipster you.

tell you what, I'll invite you to give a slideshow next year...provided you also do a song and dance routine. Something like this, I know you've got the suit in the closet, just get a little gel for your hair:

JZo9gayhTXw

poor raindawg, its not the attitude, its the delivery, you closet hipster you.

tell you what, I'll invite you to give a slideshow next year...provided you also do a song and dance routine. Something like this, I know you've got the suit in the closet, just get a little gel for your hair:

counter-tenors from the 80s rule!

U7-q1WRaKNg