Great Day...what did ya all do?

Scott_J

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My past two days have been awesome!

Yesterday...bike ride to a local bouldering area...got dumped on by the rain. Climbed till the lightnening started (being along a railroad track isnt the best place). Hopped in a friends truck and hauled ass to StPaul where the sun was shining. Climbed by myself for a while and rode home. Nap. Bartend...Rollins Band played...Got stuck at a bar after work due to flash floods and 70mph winds.(damn!)

Short nap

Work

Found some hexes I wanted (unslung and not wired) for 2 bucks a pop! A friend stopped by and we went out to lunch. Climbed in the rain for a short while after work. Drinkin a moose drool at the moment.

Keep the good days a comin'!:D

Worked till noon, then watered the garden a bit, visited a Wilco store-my first visit and btw great deals on plants as opposed to spendy urban nurseries-to buy a steel trough to plant a whopping hunk of bamboo in, and am now about to ride till dusk in Forest Park. Summer in Stumptown does not suck.

Sadly though, last night two twenty something cyclists were killed and a third critically injured. Apparently the perp is a two time dui offender in 2003 alone and was driving all heatbagged with a suspended license. frown.gifmadgo_ron.giffrown.gifmadgo_ron.gif

Muffy say:

"Today was a great day I finished two books, did laundry, baked oatmeal super chip cookies, went to the store, played with my kids, and now in about 30 minutes I am going climbing with my very best friend."

Why that would be Dwayner!

- Dwayner bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

snoboy said:

Kiwi said:

- Checked out the Arc'Teryx Khamsin 62 (not as comfy as Bora series)

Not intended to be. rolleyes.gif It's intended to be LIGHTER.

Never having bought a pack before, I'd like to get it right the first time. $260-350 is a lot of money to drop. Like boots, I hear a lot about the importance of a comfortable pack. Concurrently, I hear alot about carrying light. Hmm... What to do?

The smallest capacity Bora I can find is the Bora 62 (REI), which is a women's pack. The Bellevue Marmot carries the men's Bora 65. I'll check it out.

Dwayner said:

Muffy say:

"Today was a great day I finished two books, did laundry, baked oatmeal super chip cookies, went to the store, played with my kids, and now in about 30 minutes I am going climbing with my very best friend."

Why that would be Dwayner!

- Dwayner bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Not quite D-MAN wink.gif My best friend is a woman who goes by the Tag Mustang Sally. We had the Stang tonight too. 1965 convertible. Sun was warm the climbing was GREAT. ran into a local climbing legend and was SCHOOLED grin.gif, Saw one of my favorite young climbers(who greated me as he always must, Belay GODDESS) and then Mustang Sally treated me to dinner bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

I got a job last week, it sucks......

Working like everyone else, nice how I started work during all this damn bluebird weather.

1. Got off work at 5pm, got pressure washer and cleaned the driveway and retainer wall

2. Spread mulching barch in front yard

3. Decided to finally air out my lasers from last weeks long ass trip on mt baking

4. Blew a fuse and sliced a cord with new hedge trimmer

4. Started to sand a scrape deck

5. Look at spray

6. Deny having to get up early for work

fruit.gif

Kiwi said:

Never having bought a pack before, I'd like to get it right the first time. $260-350 is a lot of money to drop. Like boots, I hear a lot about the importance of a comfortable pack. Concurrently, I hear alot about carrying light. Hmm... What to do?

i used to have a bora 62. it weighed about 6.5 pounds ... with NOTHING in it but air. ouch!!! the thing with lighter packs that's going to make a difference is by 1) NOT carrying as much weight to begin with, and 2) packing it well. jim and/or brian at pro mountain sports can show you how to do both. but you have to want to be serious about it - be open-minded and really give it a go. imho you'll be happier in the long run.

Kiwi said:

snoboy said:

Kiwi said:

The smallest capacity Bora I can find is the Bora 62 (REI), which is a women's pack. The Bellevue Marmot carries the men's Bora 65. I'll check it out.

There is a Bora 40 hanging on the wall at Cascade Crags in Everett. My wife has one and likes it despite my pleading with her not to get such a "heavy" pack. It is a nice pack though.

Kiwi said:

snoboy said:

Kiwi said:

I like mine (Khamsin). However, I found that I can fit all I need for 3 days on Mt. Rainier in a 2200-ci Marmot Eiger.

Got home from the cubicle, and hopped on the road bike with some friends for a "mellow" ride which ended up being 43 miles of paceline around the north end of lake washington. Sometimes it feels good to hurt that much. hahaha.gif

But it is still nothing at all compared to the guy who just rode across america in just under 9 nine days flat. DAMN that's burly. Most people are pleased to do the drive in 4 days.

thelawgoddess said:

kiwi, don't forget about second ascent in ballard. they carry some of these very same packs used and/or for cheaper than full retail.

There's just not enough time in the week to check out all these places! Working two jobs can suck.

I went to PMS to check out the Khamsin 62. Jim helped me out. I didn't like the fit initially, but I got used to it. I felt like there was no back support. There was this HUGE gap between my back and the pack. I had to arch as if reaching my toes to fill it. Jim flattened the frame out; it was better. I also had a hard time loading/balancing 40 lbs effectively.

I'll try both the Bora and Khamsin again at Marmot. (Finally, a place that has both so I can test them out) Hopefully today, but not likely. Why do shops close so friggin early?!

kitten said:

Stefan said:

Got my teeth cleaned.

Doesn't it feel great to have clean teeth? smile.gif Unless you were just kidding???? I do think a ride on a scooter sounds better that an hour in a dentists chair. wave.gif

I did get my teeth cleaned. Really. I don't mind the picking, and the flossing and the prodding to see my gums. But I absolutely hate the polish and that gritty stuff that goes with it!