Sarah Palin's Alaska: Rock Climber or Rock Star?

hemp22

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She really is a gomer.

According to her daughter's baby daddy, who lived with them for 6 months, the woman never gets off the couch - the back of the channel changer is permanently imprinted into her palm.

She moves like my grandmother, and my grandmother's been dead for over 40 years.

But, hey, she's as 'real deal' as it gets in the Bagger world. Like any post-modern train wreck who finds herself in the national spotlight, she's been buckin' for her own reality show. SCORE.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

In an interview with London's Daily Telegraph, the GOP strategist and former top adviser to George W. Bush says Palin lacks the "gravitas" to be president. Rove cited in particular Palin's upcoming foray into reality TV, implying it's not becoming of someone who wants to be in the White House.

"There are high standards that the American people have" for the presidency, Rove told the Telegraph. "They require a certain level of gravitas. … They want to look at the candidate and say, 'That candidate is doing things that [give] me confidence that they are up to the most demanding job in the world.'"

...though Rove is on thin ice here as well.

Caught some of the Matt Lauer interview with the Idiot last night. Sheesh. One pitching softballs over the plate the other a real lightweight.

One more time for posterity...

LAUER's Lead-In: In the Fall of 2008, George W. Bush's top economic advisers told him that the banking system, and therefore the whole U.S. economy, was about to collapse.

BUSH: I'm paraphrasing at this point, "You better do somethin' big, 'cause if we don't, you're liable to oversee a depression." So the decision point here is, do you adhere to your philosophy and say, "Let 'em all fail." You know, they pay—

LAUER: Free market—

BUSH: For yeah, free market. Or do you take taxpayers' money and inject it into the system in hopes that you prevent a depression? And I chose the latter.

LAUER: Yeah, you write that, "You know, I abandoned the free market to save the free—"

BUSH: I did.

LAUER: “—market system."

BUSH: I did. And a lot of people and I also put in there my friends in Midland are gonna say, "What happened to Bush?"

LAUER: Yeah. Where was that conservative?

BUSH: Yeah, what happened? But when you're the President and somebody says, "Hey, if you don't do something strong, there may be a depression." It gets your attention… at least it got mine.

LAUER: You went with the TARP program.

BUSH: We did.

LAUER: A lot of people now call it the bank bailout. And they hate it.

BUSH: Yeah, they do hate it. I can understand that. Look, the idea of spending taxpayers' money to give to Wall Street and the banks to save them… a lot of people think they created the crisis in the first place and so I can understand the angst. But in my case, I wasn't worried about angst, personal angst or contradiction. I was worried about the economy goin' down. And I believe TARP saved the economy.--from here.