Need a GOOD date in PDX (make fun of Mike thread)

layton

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't it well known amongst chicks that the only guys who show up for classes that mostly chicks are into (cooking classes, yoga classes, etc) that aren't gay - are dudes looking for dates?

That's a problem? If your interested in meeting a date that's good - but desperation women can sense a mile off (and that's bad).

The disengenous interest in knitting (for example) as a pretext for getting a date would creep me out. Seems to me that nothing cries desperation like a man who voluntarily attends the "Perfect Pesto's in 15 Minutes or Less!!!" course at the experimental college...

Yeah JayB Mike should avoid that desperate guy thing by only looking for datable girls at... D&D tournamentshahaha.gif

How's that working out for you, btw? hahaha.gif

Maybe there's a symbiosis at work in those settings. Desperate chicks looking for dudes desperate enough to pretend to be into the latest quick'n'easy chicken recipes.

Better off sticking to the stuff that you are actually into and seeking out others who share the interests IMO. I know quite a few people that are actually into soccer, ultimate frisbee, softball, etc that have met their so's in coed leagues. Much less creepy.

Also - I watched "Trekkies" the other night and all of the couples who shared a mutual infatuation with Star Trek seemed quite happy...

I expected you guys to be WAY meaner and funnier.

oh well.

Anyway, i fixed my own problem and got a date with a real nice pretty girl whilst running at forest park just a few minutes ago.

My problem is they always turn out to be really boring people after a while. doesn't anyone have this problem too, or are you just happy with what you got?

The MILF scene here in the NW part of town is off the hook, but yes, I'm into the young ones. Can you imagine me hanging out with someone's kid.

As for the Yoga scene... i dunno, it seems pretty hard to strike up a conversation during a yoga class unless you do it real quick afterwards between putting the shoes back on and heading out the door. I tried, but conversations were always very strained and dead ending.

I go to yoga and pilates classes b/c i like yoga and pilates, although that's kinda gay. But, i sure wouldn't go to those classes if they weren't swarming with eye candy.

My problem is they always turn out to be really boring people after a while. doesn't anyone have this problem too, or are you just happy with what you got?

I have this problem too. I get bored and lose interest. There's a Seinfeld episode that sums it all up as a chess match between Jerry's penis and Jerry's brain.

penis: Just one more week!

brain: Sure, you get all the fun, but you have no idea what it's like the next morning!

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that because I have so much to do (work, climb, cello, volunteer, hang out w/ friends, etc.), that it's not worth my time any more to date anyone but the superlative -- and even then, I have little time to spare. And the superlatives are so busy themselves that they likewise aren't dating anyone at all either.

women looking for men looking for women are to be found in any hiking club near you....wholesome & crack free enough for you?

this of course means wasting your valuable weekends hiking & not climbing....what the hell good is this weather for anyway (other than rock or high in the ranges skiing). and you might also find yourself a potential climbing partner!