Accident in Grand Teton NP - Local climber

Trundle

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to see such an experienced guy die that way. That makes me re-evaluate what I'm doing here. It's a strange feeling to have someone gone like that, someone you sort of knew through this place, someone I've "talked" to about things, but obviously didn't know as a person. But by what he wrote here, you could tell there was a good spirit behind those words, a person who will be terribly missed by those who really knew him. Maybe they could write a bit about him to share. I think he was one of the first on this board too.

Wow. I'm so incredibly bummed. I remember a photo a long long time ago that Rodchester posted that I think was one of the most beutiful pictures I've seen.

Found the picture, this quality doesn't give it justice.

front_1.jpg

Edited by jon

I need your help guys.

A very credible and professional reporter from Seattle-PI is trying to write a complete story on Frank. She is trying:

*to gather information on the accident,

*to reach Adam Heiner and Eric Newman

*to find out more about the particular climb and the mountain

*to gain feedback from his general climbing partners and friends about Frank as a person, his passions, accomplishments.

Her name is Debera Carlton Harrell, if you had known Frank or had climbed with him, you can write to her at:

deberaharrell@seattlepi.com

Let's be kind just as she will for Frank's memory. This is one way that we will honor Frank.

Erden.

frown.gif

Erden,

You might want to try a new thread with a more specific headline that cc.com has lost one of its own and help is needed to find people that knew him better. Probably will get more eyes on it that way. Maybe a moderator could sticky it for you too.

Good luck.

frown.gif

It was not my intention to disrespect the memory of the dead, but that is how it was taken. Therefore, I apologise for the the inconsiderate remark I made. If there was a point to be made it is this: there are things that can happen to climbers that are beyond our control, no matter how skilled or careful we may be. Rodchester was a good man. RIP.