So what did you do this weekend

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Climbed the south ridge of Ingalls with the wife. Got eaten by mosquitoes. Met a group of very nice mounties who let me rap their line. Returned to campsite to find a group of 8 kids and 2 adults camped less than 20 feet away. Whats up with that?

Unleavened worth.

Did the classic midway and saber until we got burned off and hit the river. Did you lose a brown tri-cam on this route? Because its now on my booty rack.

That evening after towing two logs off the road we went up to punk rock and did a fun, thin, offset crack that ends in about 30 feet of #4 camalot size goodness.

Sunday went up to the pearly gates. Climbed a few good cracks before getting rained out. A good weekend with the girlfriend and highlander.

Got burned to a crisp on Freedom Rider on Lib Bell. Thrutched hardcore in the 5.11 offwidth variation. Pulled on gear shocked.gif. Climbed a stellar 10b fingers to steep hands pitch above. Did the rotten block pitch on Lib Crack and exitted off same due to dehydration and time concerns.

Thanks to the gapers at the Lib Bell rap station who hooked us up with some H2o while we waited for them to figure out how to rappel.

Had a bitchin meal with lots of ale and wine. Called 911 on my neighor who had an out of control fire going on in his yard.

Sat: read a book on programming, wrote binary searches in C#, C. Posted stuff for sale on ebay. Saw Fahrenheit 9/11.

Sun: looked at 8-year old code, refinished a door, tried to remember things about C better left forgotten.

Sunday: raced in McCubbins Gulch scramble

6 miles up and down valley walls (3 times each), 6 creek crossings, over and under log jams, barbed wire fences, running away from pissed off hornets, etc. etc.

Ran through last creek across the finish line, couldn't find the water coolers so I nursed from the keg instead.

best time I've ever had beating the crap out of myself!!

Scrog 1000 feet down, scrog 1000 feet up: The west side punishes you if you don't make it up the route.

rainscrog.jpg

What mountain is this? confused.gif Looks like some real high-quality scree.

Dru's right...it's Rainier, the northwest side. Observation Rock is on the left in the photo. CC and I tried the Edmunds Headwall this weekend but bailed a third of the way up the face.

Dru's right...it's Rainier, the northwest side. Observation Rock is on the left in the photo. CC and I tried the Edmunds Headwall this weekend but bailed a third of the way up the face.

My guess was St. Helens. In any case, it looks AWFUL! Why oh why would you subject yourself to such a thing? confused.gif

Dr. Alpinfox's prescription: Less snow/scree sloggin' and more rock climbin' (like that Idaho shizzle) for you young lady. thumbs_up.gif

My guess was St. Helens. In any case, it looks AWFUL! Why oh why would you subject yourself to such a thing? confused.gif

If all goes well, you just have to descend it, which took us 30 minutes. When deciding to bail, the joyous experience of scrogging back up was a key factor (at least for my lazy ass- Pandora was all smiles and sang the whole way up: waiting, on a sunday afternoon...for loren to drag his ass up this hill...)

Then it rained on us too, to add insult to injury. Ahhh, the Cascades...