So what did you do this weekend

Dave_Schuldt

Sat prepared for upcoming climing trip, cooked and dried food, got a bunch of stuff in a pile, went shoping ect....

Sun caught the 6 am ferry to Bremerton to do a mountain bike ride. 20 miile of dust, loose rock, moto trails and awsome single track. The ride was a poker ride run by the Tacoma club. Didn't win anything worthwhile but had a great time. Man was it ever humid.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dinner with a friend and dinner party with other friends.

Inspired by conversations with friend and friends, thought about what I would like my life to be like in 2-3 years (after I graduate).

Bought and ate a bunch of fresh fruit from the Farmers Market.

Got a lot of work done to prepare for my meeting tomorrow with my advisor -- he had been abroad for the past four months.

Wasted time planning climbing trips and fixing/cleaning climbing gear.

STP (one day) good time with good friends. Took some bad hits early in the ride. Broke a few spokes in back wheel first time. Limped along next hit broke a few more and my seat. After almost two hours of fixits I left Puyallup and the rest of the ride was sweet.

Went back to Darrington to hit Silent Running with another partner. A late start, looming darkness, and a haze of mosquitos convinced us to bail below the 10b pitch on Silent Running, thereby falling short of achieving the coveted Total Soul/Silent Runing difecta (mondance: fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif) which is only achieved by 94% of the parties that attempt it.

It was well worth coming back - I think that the last pitch on Silent Running may have been my favorite out of the two climbs. Great day to be out.

I put 200+ miles on dirt roads looking for potential crags, hot springs and camping spots. Found one that someone has been working on, I think I crossed paths with them on their way out. I think I may have found another good crag, but it was hard to tell in the fading light.

Man I'm bored I want to climb.

Got 53 mosquito bites on my back (looks like I have a disease) while scrambling Sperry's South ridge. Left my wallet behind for the first time, got both my credit cards stolen for the first time. Didn't loose a cent the_finger.gif then got a flat tire madgo_ron.gif. Swam farther than I ever have in lake washington and was able to stand on top of the bouey. Sweet! rockband.gif