10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong

kevbone

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disapproving of homosexuality -- not hateful.

Supporting legislation that seeks to infringe on homosexual's civil rights, just because you disapprove of homosexuality -- hateful

Get it?

Some people are so fucking selfish. "Oh, I disapprove, so lets try and stop them from doing it!!!!"

Fucking losers. 20 years from now, they're going to pretend they weren't trying to take away the civil liberties of an entire segment of the population, just because "they don't approve of it."

I still don't see how disapproving equates to hate, automatically. The reasoning behind the legislation is religious/moral, not because they hate them. I can appreciate your point about it appearing to be hateful. The legislation on the table in Uganda would seem hateful, to me... I don't see opposing gay marriage automatically make people haters. It is a fine line between respecting peoples religious values and also giving everyone the same equal rights. I don't agree with the right wingers, but I can see why they are passionate about their point of view (they believe they are following god's rules, although that does not make them right). I can equally see how the left wingers feel about it and how they feel short changed/discriminated against. Hard to find any middle ground compromises both sides can live with. But yeah, your right about it being unfair to gays?

No, this is not a thread about tolerance. It's about gay marriage. You don't have to tolerate homosexuality in order to grant them basic civil liberties. You can still dissaprove of them while supporting their equal civil rights. Get it yet?

No, this is not a thread about tolerance. It's about gay marriage. You don't have to tolerate homosexuality in order to grant them basic civil liberties. You can still dissaprove of them while supporting their equal civil rights. Get it yet?
[video:youtube]KMSrEiPl5vy

This thread is gay.

Nothing wrong with gay...I actually don't think this vid will contribute anything to this thread but here it is anyway. Normally I'd be all over a vid with 2 scantilly clad hotties singing on key.....but....well........ sorry.

Don't hate me.

[video:youtube]

PS, it gets even worse with the F* you song....crazy worse.

I don't get some conservative people. They believe in the philosophy of less government regulation. Then why do some conservatives want government regulation for marriage? I just don't know how you reconcile your own personal philosophy with that one. I thought this is one easy government regulation just to throw out. It would mean more freedom for people to choose. I guess.

Old school conservatives really meant small in the way an accountant could understand and agree with. Modern conservatives say the words, "Small Government*," with an asterick.

* Small except when we go into debt and give our money to Halliburton, or other worthy corporations. We will tell you who is worthy when we decide which country to declare war on next.

I don't get some conservative people. They believe in the philosophy of less government regulation. Then why do some conservatives want government regulation for marriage? I just don't know how you reconcile your own personal philosophy with that one. I thought this is one easy government regulation just to throw out. It would mean more freedom for people to choose. I guess.

Not sure about the US and A, but in Canada there is a clear difference between fiscal and social conservatives. This is what you are getting confused over. A big part of liberal campaign propaganda in Canada is trying to convince the public that fiscal conservatives ARE social conservatives. And the truth is it can be hard to tell since a grass-roots party with strong social conservative roots (Reform/Alliance) merged with the fiscally conservative Conservative Party. This is what allowed them to finally defeat the Liberal government which stood for over a decade. That notwithstanding, the Conservative Party seems to be sticking to fiscal conservatism for now. Trying to push a social conservative agenda in Canada at this time would be political suicide imo.