Plans for Long Weekend?

goatboy

That fly fishing thread gave me an idea. Locals report striped bass and bluefish slammin' the surf. My partner bombed, so I got a new one. She's an 11wt. Striper filets on the BBQ. I can smell 'em now. Ya'll have a safe weekend. Peace.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

climbing in Tieton canyon saturday, jumb girlfriens bones when she is drunk :brew: saturday night, get up sunday see if it is tooooo hot and stay or move to cooler crag, sunday climb ...jump girlfriends bones, If i'm not toooo tire'ed climb monday at local crag,

BTW I decided the usually hang outs durning the holliday weekend are just toooo crowded!!!!!!

Disclamer: spelling and dumb ass attitude due to friday night :brew: :brew: Have a phuk'n good 3 day weekend !!!!

Dick :wave:

Getting my Necro to level 67 or 68 and hopefully keyed for BoT and Old Sebelis. I might play my Warrior a bit too, got good gear on him and I really want 70 to get my hate augs.

Mebbe a run with Jumar or a hike up Granite Mtn.

Nothing crazy but fun for sure!

:moondance:

So, here's what I said I was GOING TO DO:

My PLAN is to go climb in Leavenworth --

Objectives are SGC or NE Couloir on Colchuck depending on what the weather does... backup plan is cragging in the Icicle and Castle rock if weather dictates...

What ACTUALLY happened...

Got scared off by the marginal weather forecast for the Stuart Range and ended up doing some fun rock climbing instead:

Saturday: 7 pitches at Castle Rock (Fault, Catapult, Saints, Angel Crack)

Sunday: White Slabs at SCW

Monday: Canary at Castle, sit in traffic on HWY 2 to get home...

Monday night -- I am now on my way to Sushi feast in Seattle at I Love Sushi on Lake Union....so good!!!

*Broke my heel bone bouldering and banged up the other leg pretty good.

*I am housebound and no climbing for at least 2 months.

*No driving for me :(

DAMN, YO :(

but think of all the spraying you will be able to do!

a little silver lining in there ;)

My plan is to work as hard as I can for the next three days since hubby will be home to watch kids and I've got a project due June 1, two hikes (Saturday and Sunday) and gym climbing with a friend on Monday.

My actual weekend:

Friday night: hike and work

Saturday: hike and work

Sunday: hike and work

Monday: work (climbing friend forgot she had a bbq to attend)

Friday, dawg hunt test, failed cause I disqualified us :cry:

Saturday yard work and dawg training

Sunday, yard work and dawg training

Monday, dawg hunt test, failed cause the dawg and I both screwed up. More dawg training.

I think the dog wants to know when the human training starts ;)

It sounds like mixed results so far.

I got three out of four: I made it home for the cigar on the deck Friday evening, went to two hospitals as planned Saturday, skipped out on the church on Sunday, and climbed on Monday. We didn't replace any bolts, but had an enjoyable time at Three O'Clock Rock and I got to do a route I've not done before.

Damn, Jens! Yesterday, I was looking at the Dome and thinking of you.

Friday: Found new bolders.

Saturday: Crushed new bolders, bbq.

Sunday: Rained hard, drank beer, hiked in rain,found new bolders.

Monday: Landed huge new account with stellar sales pitch, came home, brother in law dumped his truck, trailer and my father in law's 10k tractor into creek, spent 7 hours with backhoe removing all three. Mucho damage.

Climbed 6 pitches of sweet sweet granite on saturday.

Got rained on Saturday night.

Drove home Sunday afternoon.

Climbed at VW for an hour.

Watched friends play video games while I cried in my beer.

Went for 40 mile ride (first since STP last year).

Saw "Team Everest" at the Egyptian.

Spent at least 1/2 day at The Doctor's Office 8 out of the last 10 days (thanks to 1/2 work days), set anchors on stupid hard routes (.12d, .12b and .11d/.12a), cleaned routes, got worked trying to send, resorted to landscaping the base to pass the time.

Freaking zoo in Sedona this weekend, saw 25 people on the creek on my way in on Sunday, most of them in shorts and sandals, playing in and around the poison ivy. :mistat:

Gonna be some unhappy campers starting today, I would imagine.

My only plan was Granite Peak on Monday with the wife and children.

Well, it was just one of those days where one thing leads to another. The wife was saying the weather is not going to clear up, and then it was instrument practice time, and then oh, need to make our lunches. Just that never ending drag your feet until it is too late to go.

So I grabbed my book, “Hikes in WA for Children” by Mountaineers (BTW great book if you have small children). Saw Lake Twenty Two, and made the compromise.

We got to the TH about 12:00. The Lake was beautiful. It was clearing up about the time we got there.

OK it was not Granite peak, but at least we did get out.

PS The Children did love it and much fun was had by all! I guess that is what really counts.

Edited by sirwoofalot