• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
texplorer

Climber's Banned from Climbing

I just read on the Internet that Bill O'Reilly stated on his Fox show that he thinks climbers should be banned from climbing or going up on mountains when weather is or could be bad. IS THIS TRUE? I'LL NOTIFY SAR.

Sure, I can support a bad weather ban....as long as I can sue if I get hurt when the mountain is open. And when it's closed, well I'm not above poaching lines now and then.

My dick looks like a freaking barber pole, now.

Anyone need a toaster oven?

ummm are you saying your member looks like a candy cane??

I'd support letting Bill O'Reilly run around in the backcountry during avalanche season making sure it's safe for all of us.

I don't recall that the Kim rescue got the same level of attention or organization.

Where the hell were you?

No one suggested that they pay for their own rescue.

Do you really think that the eyes of the nation, which are now upon us, really want to see you compare my member to a traditional Christmas candy, much beloved by children everywhere?

If not us, who, then, will protect the children?

Do you really think that the eyes of the nation, which are now upon us, really want to see you compare my member to a traditional Christmas candy, much beloved by children everywhere?

If not us, who, then, will protect the children?

personally i don't let my kids read anything on the internet. it is a dangerous place. if other people can't keep an eye on their own children, too bad for them.

how irresponsible - no 60+ pack with 3 weeks of food, no mre's, no plb, and that's not even a technical ice club.

I'm not paying for HIS rescue, I tell you what.

Sure, I can support a bad weather ban

What kind of talk is this. Bad weather is matter of opinion.

Sure, I can support a bad weather ban

What kind of talk is this. Bad weather is matter of opinion.

There's no such thing as bad weather, just inadequate gear.

climbers. so misunderstood.

18adco_xlarge1.jpg

how did you get a picture of my boyfriend?? :ooo:

I don't recall that the Kim rescue got the same level of attention or organization.

Where the hell were you?

Not sure what your point is. Are you saying Kim got helos and telcos and multiple SARs all working together? Did you read the research piece on Oregonian about the SNAFUs?

http://www.oregonlive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news/11663313078330.xml?oregonian?lctop&coll=7

Edited by jfmctlaw

18adco_xlarge1.jpg

First Will Gadd said no heel spurs, now no synthetic materials, next thing you know he'll say my new Black Diamond Woodclaw Icetool is cheating.