Weekend TR Thread

Bronco

The weather don't get no better than it was this weekend. Consequently, I repainted the trim on my house and did yardwork while daydreaming about dry granite and mountains. Next weekend, the weather's looking good too. I'll probably do my taxes and paint the shed. madgo_ron.gif

Anyone get to Index? How about Triple Coolers? How many ascents did the N. Face of Chair get this weekend? How was the skiing?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I climbed 8 pitches at the Smoke Bluffs on Saturday.

On Sunday my partner didnt show up ( he was in bed with Halle Berry!!!!! smileysex5.gif) so I went back to Squamish and decided to boulder. I only had 2 half-used wirebrushes but I managed to clean up an unclimbed boulder somewhat, surprised myself by sending one problem at about V1/2, gotabout 3 more problems as clean as I could and went home. Next weekend will be a send fest! fruit.gif

Weeks of intense planning coincided with the perfect weather window for a trip to........ the Zoo! Accompanied by my nephew and niece in-law, I saw monkeys, giraffes, some very bored gorillas, more small children then you could shake a stick at. I even noticed how nice the mountains were looking in the distance. Aaaaghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! cantfocus.gifcry.gif

Skied Silver Mt. Sunny but the chairs broke down and the idiot driving the cat didn't see why I would have a problem letting him take my six year old to the top by herself and leave her there alone. Have the employees up there are missing most of their teeth. Cheese, they need a dental program for public relations if nothin else.

Saturday:

Didn't go to Vantage to take a couple of newbies out for their first day on rock. Didn't climb in beautiful sunny weather with the other 12 peaople who weren't there.

sunday:

Stuck at home doing maintenance/improvement. Some entertainment in chasing the cat with the vacumm. Tried to get the motorcycle going, but hte old battery is too tired to take a charge, so off to Schucks for a new one to throw on the charger. Took in Touching the Void last night w/ the g/f and a couple of her coworkers. very well-done - the camera work was nicely nauseating in illustrating the shock and disorientation. "Oh shit, I'm going to die to Boney M."

Slogged up slogs back on Hood with 2 other guys. One newbie with us got his 1st summit. Saw a couple of parties working different routes on Devil's Kitchen headwall... looked to be in fine shape. Not cold, no wind, view on top. Good workout and better than remodeling my bedroom.

Talked to one Mazama who was completing his 70th Hood summit at age 62.

Best was a group 6-8 from SFO bay area, climbing the mountain for a bach. party. Cool idea. Bad form though as they provided neither booze or strippers on the summit.

We went to John Miner’s funeral service on Friday. Then we went over to my wife’s brother’s house and hung out with his family and ate and drank a bunch. On Saturday, we took the kids to Feller-McWhirter (sp?) Park in Redmond and let them hang out with the animals and play on the swings and stuff. Then we ate a drank a bunch more. We headed back to Yakivegas on Saturday. On Sunday, we invited The Boy’s godfather over for the day, and we all went to the park and The Boy played on the swings and fed the ducks. Then we all went out and ate and drank a bunch more. Casual weekend.

PS: The views of Rainier and Baker from Redmond were spectacular on Friday and Saturday. It was a very nice service for John. RIP.

Took the kid and a neighbor girl up snowshoeing on Saturday. $15 to rent a pair of kids' snowshoes at REImad.gif!!! Went up to Erie with Leejams Sunday, watched half a dozen eagles soaring above the rock and climbed a few routes. Managed to (barely) thrash my way up leading a 5.8 bolted route!

Oh -- and I tied in with a figure 8.

Edited by Alpine_Tom

Saturday....

packed, worked, bouldered inside (had a personal best day!), ran some errands near one of my favorite climbing/training areas in the summer. It was almost 40 outside and very sunny. THought I would check it out since I had my shoes with me. It was sooooooo good to climb there again. ANother personal best traversing this wall. A tinge of guilt as I could look accross the river and see a local ice crag. Hmmmm...soft ice over there in the sun. Moved more stuff to my new place in the evening.

Sunday

Drytoolin day. Cloudy and RAINY. Turned into snow as we drove north. Really looking forward to the day. Wound up Having a personal WORST day. I sooooo sucked. Still learned a lot and enjoyed the day. Went to bed VERY EARLY!

Next weekends TR:

move, clean, move, clean, take care of freaked out cat, move, clean, move , clean, take care of freaked out cat.

Climb ice on apartment building one last time before turning in the keys!

Humped the old lady doggystyle (so we didnt get sand in ones junk) on second beach out by la push. sweet weather and nobody out there at all. big ass waves and sunny weather. only down fall was that i got shit on by a seagul, first time in my whole life that has happend.

Hope it didn't shit on yer ass while doing the smileysex5.gifsmileysex5.gifsmileysex5.gif