New Girl In Seattle

ClimbingGirl33

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I've climbed at Quincy Quarries, Ragged Mountain, Crow Hill . . . but the best climbing around here is up in the White Mountains. Cathedral and White Horse are pretty much it for multi-pitch and you really can't beat Rumney for sport. Acadia is a complete novelty (climbing over the ocean) and the camping is awesome. I haven't made it to the Gunks - which is a shame - but that's what frequent flier miles are for. Besides, I have people to climb with back here smirk.gif

I am moving to Seattle for a job - and because I am ready for a change of scene. But alas, it's almost 1 am and I am calling it a night.

Stay tuned for the continuing saga . . .

Necronomicon said:

Billygoat said:

What besides rock brings you out this way?

Smooth! "Hey baby, what brings you to my neck of the woods?" She'll totally take the bait!

You mean " so, what brings you out to this nape of the...I mean neck of the..." tongue.gif

glassgowkiss said:

since most of the wankers posting here can't climb for shit- do yourself a favor. go to vertical world or stoned gardens and find some people to climb with. or go to squamish on a weekend, much nicer place then choss heap aka north cascades.

Hey glass gow kiss my ass! moon.gif Why don't you go and make a positive contribution (besides your photos) and post your opinion on my Gear Critic thread the_finger.gif

glassgowkiss said:

since most of the wankers posting here can't climb for shit- do yourself a favor. go to vertical world or stoned gardens and find some people to climb with. or go to squamish on a weekend, much nicer place then choss heap aka north cascades.

Good advice. Also, check out the pub club on this site. You can meet the posters in person and hear about them from their competition. Pretty safe, until you leave the bar.

yelrotflmao.gif

Szyjakowski said:

Paul_detrick said:

Its too bad your moving to the bad side of the state, all the the good climbing is on the east side. IF YOUR A REAL person, you will hook up with other climbers easy. Welcome to the wild wild west.

Paul- get it right man, the wild wild 'wet'st bigdrink.gif

prefer the Great North Wet

dryad said:

It's tough to be a chick on cc.com. I showed up at Pub Club and still couldn't find a ski buddy. Even when they see you they well may not believe you're real. rolleyes.gif

well then, go skiing at Stevens pass the last weekend they are open....April, 12-13...I may even go 2morrow unless I go crank climbing...err i mean crak bigdrink.gif

dryad said:

It's tough to be a chick on cc.com. I showed up at Pub Club and still couldn't find a ski buddy. Even when they see you they well may not believe you're real. rolleyes.gif

i heard you swear constantly and spit.... hahaha.gif

erik said:

dryad said:

i heard you swear constantly and spit.... hahaha.gif

Isn't swearing constantly and spitting considered a good thing in the cc.com crowd???

There certianly is a lot of BS on this site. On the other hand, there are also a lot of cool folks who are great climbing partners. The amount of spray on this thread just might possibly maybe on a remote chance be amplified by posting on 4/01. Just a hunch. PM people when you get out here.

dryad- I find it surprising that you're having trouble finding partners. If you want to head out b/c sometime, let me know and I give you a PM next time we're getting a run down to rainier or wherever together.