New Girl In Seattle

ClimbingGirl33

Hey all - I am moving to Seattle in less than two weeks (from Boston) and am eager to get on some real rock in the PNW. It's still snowing here!!! Any tips on meeting up with some WA climbers? I typically train in a gym but LIVE to get outside (most of my experience is with sport or seconding trad, although I did get my first BIG lead fall out of the way last season).

I make a mean trail mix, and will happily serve as a belay slave for some WA beta.

Thanks!

Edited by ClimbingGirl33

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ClimbingGirl33 said:

Hmmmmmmm - and here I always thought people in Boston had attitude.

Anyone in here actually want to reply with something related to climbing - or is this supposed to keep me away from your home crags? You know, once you're hooked your hooked.

Sure, but what are you doing up so late. And "home crags", that's a laugh. There's nothing but choss out here, and it's all wet and mossy to boot. You can have em'. I eat out.

ClimbingGirl33 said:

Hey BillyGoat -

Well that depends what you mean by "action" - but I am pretty psyched to get somewhere where the climbing season is longer than 6 months and there are more places to climb within an easy drive that Rumney and Cathedral!

Are you for real? This has to be a joke... If an "easy drive" means "three hours", you're going to love it out here.

Not familiar with those two, but there is lots of climbing out here, some solid, some chossy but all good cheeburga_ron.gif The weather, on the other hand, you just have to learn to love. Colorado and California offer more consistent "nice weather", if nthat is what you are seeking. What besides rock brings you out this way?

Ahhhhhhhhhh - the rite of passage. Good thing I have all that training from growing up on military bases . . .

As for the 3 hour drive - I drive that now EVERY weekend in season . . . but only have two places really to choose from. I am psyched to have more options to climb - I mean I am moving across the country to do so.

SO, I will be there on April 12th . . . I will be the "fresh meat" apparently at the gym or on the rock. Hear me roar! grin.gif

ClimbingGirl33 said:

Ahhhhhhhhhh - the rite of passage. Good thing I have all that training from growing up on military bases . . .

As for the 3 hour drive - I drive that now EVERY weekend in season . . . but only have two places really to choose from. I am psyched to have more options to climb - I mean I am moving across the country to do so.

SO, I will be there on April 12th . . . I will be the "fresh meat" apparently at the gym or on the rock. Hear me roar! grin.gif

Rumney and Cathedral? That's it? What about Red Rocks, in Gloucester, or the numerous quarries, or Pawtuckaway State Park, or Mount Monadanock, or Keene NH?