Weight Loss Goals for This Spring

It's that time of year. Time to start thinking about losing weight, get into spring sending form. Yes, there's an infinite amount of variables involved in "fitness", but I'm only interested in losing weight. How you do it is up to you.

I'm 182, and am shooting for 170 by the end of April.

Where you at now and where do you want to be by April?

Edited by telemarker

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mentally contrasting a desired future with present reality leads to the emergence of binding goals with consecutive goal striving and goal attainment, as long as chances of success are perceived to be high. To the contrary, mentally elaborating either the desired future only (indulging) or the present reality only (dwelling) leads to moderate goal commitment, even if chances of success look promising."

"Mentally contrasting a desired future with present reality leads to the emergence of binding goals with consecutive goal striving and goal attainment, as long as chances of success are perceived to be high. To the contrary, mentally elaborating either the desired future only (indulging) or the present reality only (dwelling) leads to moderate goal commitment, even if chances of success look promising."
HUH!? anyway.....

John suggested I read the Barry Sears book "the Zone diet". I am starting in on the read and want to get to 150+ range from my current 177. Wife being on a 3 week vacation helps to start cause I can eat what I want without offending her. Weight loss is not a goal but a by-product of eating right and working out. I've let some of my opposing muscles damn near die off and those are priorities. This becomes clear on the weight machines. The lat pull down, I was pulling the entire stack of weight, with not a single plate left: while the opposite motion, the overhead press, I had like a single plate and my shoulder was hurting doing it. Need work on that bigtime. I'll be walking with a heavy pack to train for approaches too.

Good call John! :tup:

I'll be focusing on moving the other direction. 5'10 175 now, will try to hit a stronger and leaner 180 by June - but I'll be spending pretty much all of my time climbing on slabby/moderate stuff.

If you're not carrying around a fair amount of excess body fat it's hard to see much of a performance benefit from dropping lots of pounds outside of pushing the grades and perhaps long-distance stuff. Not really into either at the moment but I guess I'm in the minority?

Im 5'7 and 174 lbs, And I feel like I need to at about 162-164 for my best performance.

Not a fan of running, but I have started jump ropeing and am climbing regulary. Climbing

performance has gone up (considerably) but the weight has stayed the same since I havent changed my diet.

My first goal is diet change (which im doing nothing to acheive, right now). Second goal is to get to 165 lbs by march sometime.

GOAL: shed 9 lbs by anytime in March!

Edited by Frankazoid

5'4.5" and 127.

the weight can stay the same, it's fine, but the leaness will change. i generally run less during winter and it makes a big difference. i used to row a lot (on water, not just an erg), and that used to do wonders for my hamstrings, which helped a lot for uphill hiking.

by spring i am planning to ramp up the trail running, and gym climbing.

HUH!? anyway.....

John suggested I read the Barry Sears book "the Zone diet". I am starting in on the read and want to get to 150+ range from my current 177. Wife being on a 3 week vacation helps to start cause I can eat what I want without offending her. Weight loss is not a goal but a by-product of eating right and working out. I've let some of my opposing muscles damn near die off and those are priorities. This becomes clear on the weight machines. The lat pull down, I was pulling the entire stack of weight, with not a single plate left: while the opposite motion, the overhead press, I had like a single plate and my shoulder was hurting doing it. Need work on that bigtime. I'll be walking with a heavy pack to train for approaches too.

Good call John! :tup:

go do burpees with john, you'll loose weight :)