Weight Loss Goals for This Spring

not everything has to relate to climbing. My training goals are based on many things, nothing related to outdoor recreation. Will my training hinder my climbing? Probably, but that is OK as long as I reach goals I have laid out for myself. My days of sending hard (by modern standards) are long gone. Like I was never there to begin with anyway. :)

You are right about the pullups and climbing related performance.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put more emphasis on endurance and overall fitness than pull ups.

Then again I am only cranking at about 5.9 to easy 10's.

Stick with it dude! Yeah if you can already do a few pull-ups you're plenty strong to climb in the 5.11 range, no problem.

oohhh and speaking of high strength to weigh ratio, how about Adam Ondra at 130 pounds onsighting 5x 5.14C routes in two weeks?! He's got arms like a 12 year old girl, doesn't seem to hurt him at all.

• 1 month later...
..... want to get to 150+ range from my current 177

157 lbs. 7, 6 pullups.

Shaved my head per wifes instructions (actually I fucked it up and over did it she is now saying:-) and am leaving for Yos tomorrow. I'm thinking 140 range now. When I was pulling hard as a pup, I weight 145. As I have significantly less muscle now (wife is very clear on this one:-), should be in the range of acceptable.