Rock fall off p2 City Park

KAB

The other mega feature that will go soon (my guess is w/in ten years) is the large flake system that forms the lieback system to the anchors of Aborigine at Little Si...there is also a lot of climbing on that feature on the crossover from Californicator onto Technorigine...this system's gap has changed significantly over the course of the last ten years...

Let's hope not.

I heard that the guys from Twisp were gonna come down and blow that flake off, but there were some climbers on the wall who were ignoring the warning signs. So they went back to home Twisp. They say to cross your fingers and hope nothing comes down.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other mega feature that will go soon (my guess is w/in ten years) is the large flake system that forms the lieback system to the anchors of Aborigine at Little Si...there is also a lot of climbing on that feature on the crossover from Californicator onto Technorigine...this system's gap has changed significantly over the course of the last ten years...

Let's hope not.

??? I have some bottle jacks....

I was there the afternoon before the rockfall took place. We were the last party to leave the parking lot that day, and when we were packing up, two HUMVs pulled up, with four men dressed in fatigues in each. They were unloading gear when we left and weren't very talkative. Do you think they could have had anything to do with it?

I was there the afternoon before the rockfall took place. We were the last party to leave the parking lot that day, and when we were packing up, two HUMVs pulled up, with four men dressed in fatigues in each. They were unloading gear when we left and weren't very talkative. Do you think they could have had anything to do with it?

Nah. I heard there was a UFO siting around that time. They must have been investigating the siting. Hmmmm...

speculation and assholery.

The art of CC.com posting

Could this be a title for a new compelling book by fender4?

I think it could be quite entertaining to have a compendum of some of the greatest feats of "assholery" in one easy to use reference location.

:laf:

you guys ever take a look at the itsy-bitsy broken pillar (about 18 inches across) that holds up the GINORMOUS flake compromising Sagitarrius, TPMV, and Japonese Gardens? it'll be a rough day for the LTW when that beast falls.

First they were testing a giant drill bit in a cliff down the way. Then scientists took over the man made cave. They said they were looking for the 5th force or particles from space that passed through the earth.

I've never heard of anybody actually providing proof of what they were really doing. Rockfall caused by a science project?

you guys ever take a look at the itsy-bitsy broken pillar (about 18 inches across) that holds up the GINORMOUS flake compromising Sagitarrius, TPMV, and Japonese Gardens? it'll be a rough day for the LTW when that beast falls.

Prolly get some good countertops out of it!

Better get my weakass up some of these routes before they're gone.

First they were testing a giant drill bit in a cliff down the way. Then scientists took over the man made cave. They said they were looking for the 5th force or particles from space that passed through the earth.

I've never heard of anybody actually providing proof of what they were really doing. Rockfall caused by a science project?

Kevbone showed me a youtube video that PROVES they are hiding the missing 9/11 flights in that cave. If you listen closely, you can hear them screaming.

Was at Index today. Spent about 30 mins cleaning up the rockfall in front of Godzilla. I attempted to make the trail safe for foot traffic. I may need a hammer to pound out some sharp edges. Be careful.

IMG00139.jpg

IMG00137.jpg

IMG00138.jpg

I trundled the flake off of Godzilla while I was at it. It looked loose! hahaha

Was at Index today. Spent about 30 mins cleaning up the rockfall in front of Godzilla. I attempted to make the trail safe for foot traffic. I may need a hammer to pound out some sharp edges. Be careful.

IMG00139.jpg

IMG00137.jpg:tup:

IMG00138.jpg

I trundled the flake off of Godzilla while I was at it. It looked loose! hahaha

:tup: Edited by summitchaserCJB

Haven't made it back up to Index but it's probably too late to tell one way or another.

And looking at the pic looking down on the ledge it looks like the block had a crack through the middle. Thinking back I remember that crack, so that sort of makes any mechanical analysis problematic since the block was not solid and uniform.

So short of any blatant evidence or someone ratting out the potential perps I'll have to back off on this one, sorry guys. I guess the main thing that got me going was Wayne and a couple other regulars saying it "could" have been pushed off.

It seems like sometimes things are not as they seem. But what if it just seems like things are not as they seem and they really are as they seem?