Rock fall off p2 City Park

KAB

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see anyone hoisting it back up there.

if buckaroo was worth his weight in engineering skillz, that's exactly what he'd be doing, instead of obsessing over whether bin laden or a jd root ball knocked it off.

time to fess up mr. I know you gots some sweet bottle jacks.

So, I just got back from index, where Tom and I climbed 'zilla. MAN, I'm out of shape. :(

Using the explosive residue swab kit I purchased for other purposes (it's a long story), I collected samples from the ledge in question, and from some of the fresh boulders nearby. As a control, I also swabbed some older sections of rock nearby that appeared uninvolved.

After a quick trip down to SeaTac to visit a friend who works for the TSA, we analyzed the samples, and the results tested positive for various nitrogen based explosive residue. In other words, explosive residue was found on the back of the ledge, against the wall, and on the boulders below.

The control samples did not test positive, so it cannot be old residue left from the quarry days, or whatever.

I am not kidding. Somebody blew up the ledge!!!!!!!!! :o

I don't see anyone hoisting it back up there.

if buckaroo was worth his weight in engineering skillz, that's exactly what he'd be doing, instead of obsessing over whether bin laden or a jd root ball knocked it off.

time to fess up mr. I know you gots some sweet bottle jacks.

no way man. i've heard you can go to jail for that kind of thing.

It was me. I blew the felony infested yar block O'death waitin' ta happen. Someone was gonna die fer sure. Preemptive life saving block explosion. What else would it have been? Seriously. I've already met law inforcement officials for making/using illegal explosive devices. I mean, we all went on the net in our youth and ordered chemistry sets and made our own flash powder, did we not? C'mon.

C'mon guys...Really- Explosion test kit? Kimmo heard a boom? wtf's goin on here? Here's a true story- I came across a cougar (fully grown) at the country, as I was exiting the upperwall trail. about the begining of April.

Edited by Frankazoid

mkporwit: perhaps you should focus on the Columbia Gorge forum. Most of life's important answers can be found there. It sounds like you aren't comfy in your own skin. Maybe some pyschiatric help? Or dish some more about a rock that fell. Whoa. Sensitive subject for some. Rocks fall. Aliens. Aliens from outerspace. Maybe it was them? Maybe I was just dreaming...