Blue bags for extreme feces

KaskadskyjKozak

Friends,

We have all heard the expression "my shit don't stink". While mine does, so badly, in fact, that no matter how I wrap my brown payload into a series of nested, plastic sarcophaguses, the odors penetrate them and befoul the air, making a long haul down from a summit an unpleasant experience for all. I have tried Rainier blue-bags, WAG bags, ziplocs, freezer ziplocs, kitchen garbage bags, etc - all in layers and various permutations (usually nested three deep). Does anyone have a fool-proof, lightweight blue-bag system which can protect the world from toxic radioactive crap whose odor has the powers of gamma rays to penetrate substances short of lead?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fed-x style mailing envelopes can provide an extra barrier to place a poop bag into. They are quite puncture resistant. There is only so much you can do about the smell. If you will only use them a couple times a year, pvc tube seems like a reasonable expense, just toss it in a dumpster after a climb.

I like the idea of sending it to my ex. Here is a little chemistry experiment you may want to try.

The blue chemical that is used in porta-potties is the same as what is used in RV systems. It is at some locations available in a dry chemical form for them to add to their own systems. It is primarily a deodurant for obvious reasons. You may find this to help. However the other part of the chemicals used is a gelifying agent so that it is easier to deal with. Whatever you are packaging in should be able to hold goodies of a more liguid nature :noway: I would experiment at home with a couple practice bags and varying amounts of chemical.