Stop with "super fun"

Kyle_Flick

I've been reading trip reports in this forum for several years now and usually enjoy the narrative descriptions. But for some reason folks have gotten lazy and continue to use the same phrases over and over and over again. Everyone please stop using the phrase: "...super fun...."

It loses it's descriptive appeal and is becoming boring.

I don't usually rant, but more and more often it keeps creeping in and I thought it was high time someone said something about it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I've had it with is people who decide to rant about the most random things. Like, "I would have had a cure cancer by now if it wasn't for those damn wrappers that put on CD packaging!!! Who in the hell can open those things without destroying the CD???!!!!" Or "What is it with these stupid Internet memes? LOLOMG I'm going kill the next bastard who says WTF!!!!"

What is up with you people??? Can't you just focus on positivity and breathe in breathe out? Relax, let the tension slide away.

You know what I've had it with is people who decide to rant about the most random things. Like, "I would have had a cure cancer by now if it wasn't for those damn wrappers that put on CD packaging!!! Who in the hell can open those things without destroying the CD???!!!!" Or "What is it with these stupid Internet memes? LOLOMG I'm going kill the next bastard who says WTF!!!!"

What is up with you people??? Can't you just focus on positivity and breathe in breathe out? Relax, let the tension slide away.

Look out, now that Porter is broken, he is going to be the new king of spray. I predict his post count will double in the next 4 months.

1. I'd be much more happy if at least people would spell it as one word "superfun".

2. I'd really be happy if those people who interject "y'know" between every 3 or 4 words (you know who you are, maybe) would use "superfun" instead. Though I suppose the novelty would erode.

3. And finally, PEOPLE, permit me to interject a pet-peeve of my own. Do you realize that NOONE CARES if the trip currently under report has been "on your list"? The person reporting the superfun trip does not really need the validation that you had considered this to possibly be an outing worthy of your time. And you don't get ANY credit for thinking of it first. You are spraying into the ether with this reply, and wasting oh so valuable space on cc.com.

If you wish to stroke the trip reporter, much more effective would be, "Wow! That looks [insert adjective]. That climb is NOW on my list." This implies that the trip looks desirable AND that the trip report is well done.

Thank you for your attention. :moondance:

I've been reading trip reports in this forum for several years now and usually enjoy the narrative descriptions. But for some reason folks have gotten lazy and continue to use the same phrases over and over and over again. Everyone please stop using the phrase: "...super fun...."

It loses it's descriptive appeal and is becoming boring.

I don't usually rant, but more and more often it keeps creeping in and I thought it was high time someone said something about it.

I'm sick of people saying, "It's not the heat, it's the humidity."

and bumper stickers that read, "Not all who wander are lost."

and people who continuously post on this website, "Cool pics" when 8 other people said basically the same thing.

and people who write in run-on sentences...

But you know what? I like the information and the exchange of ideas so I try not to focus on the nuances of other people that piss me off. The people who write the TR's on this site are doing the rest of us a service by providing information and entertainment, if you don't like how they write then don't read them.

Kyle, you're right. I used it twice recently, and it was indeed lazy of me. I try to take a sober, didactic tone on TRs because it's hard enough just getting the thing put together, with some true information, and with the photos and all. Sometimes I get tired, and I let some chatty, cliche stylings slip in. I will try to be more vigilant.