Pandora Solos Nisqually Icecliff

catbirdseat

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That must have been a great day. Soloing for me was always the most rewarding, such a deep experience with yourself and the natural energies. Good for you to step into that space and that challenge! It sounds like you were prepared for it, and it was part of your progression and deepening relationship with the mountain. Cheers to you!

so, monkey fuckers, if some dude sent you(another guy) an email like this then you wouldn't find it the least bit patronizing?

If that showed up in my inbox I'd throw you in a fucking lake.

crazyt, you sound so deep and sensitive when you use the word "relationship". Who would you rather do...Jake or Heath? Someday your balls may drop...keep the faith!

Ahem. I do believe it was you, Griz, who had to slither back to "sunny Codorado" because you couldn't handle living with the horrendous weather we have here in the Cascades. I do believe that precludes you from contesting the substantiality of anyone else's testicles and/or fortitude. Please take the proverbial sand out of your vag, and shut the fuck up.

Dear Tex and Griz.

My grandmother always said that if you are feeling out of sorts and just can't seem to cheer up, try an enima.

Enimas are highly underrated these days.

It used to be common to give yourself an enima.

Cleaning out the colon is a great healthy thing that envigorates your entire digestive and immunological system.

Many cancers could be prevented by a healthy immunological system but have been stymied by the lack of enimas.

So give it a try Tex.

Griz, try two.

The enigma of the enima!! smirk.gif

Hope you had a good time on your climb Hannah and if this was a long-standing goal of yours, congratulations.

And actually its pissing snow, jacking up the avy conditions and gonna be ball-busting cold this weekend here in Colorado. Really could put a damper on my ski plans for this weekend. On the bright side I did send the yellow route on my home bouldering wall. grin.gif

And finally, in defense to Griz, I get a little cranky out here as well cuz the Rockies can't even hold the jock of the Cascades. I MISS GLACIERS!!!! frown.gif

That must have been a great day. Soloing for me was always the most rewarding, such a deep experience with yourself and the natural energies. Good for you to step into that space and that challenge! It sounds like you were prepared for it, and it was part of your progression and deepening relationship with the mountain. Cheers to you!

so, monkey fuckers, if some dude sent you(another guy) an email like this then you wouldn't find it the least bit patronizing?

If that showed up in my inbox I'd throw you in a fucking lake.

crazyt, you sound so deep and sensitive when you use the word "relationship". Who would you rather do...Jake or Heath? Someday your balls may drop...keep the faith!

Are you fucking kidding me?

Funny stuff.

It doesn't look that hard nor a smart thing to solo.

Why is not smart to solo? (versus any other route)

ummm - b/c of the gazillion monster crevasses along the way? as said above though - hannah does def have an advantage in that she's quite light - well schooled on that mtn - and she's a smart enough chic to mae good judgments for herself

I'd agree that it does seem rather nervy to solo a route over so many busted up crevasses as the Nisqually Icefall, and I immediately found McKay’s post somewhat persuasive. On the other hand I've done something not too dissimilar and, not only that, but I’ve often said that I have never heard of anybody who was an experienced NW mountaineer falling into a Cascade crevasse and I think that the weather and snowfall patterns here make crevasse detection a little easier than it might be in other ranges where snowfall is not quite so seasonal and prevalent temperatures may not be so moderate (my apologies to the the NW veteran who has in fact fallen in). It would probably be a little safer to wait a week or two after the eight-week snowfalls let up, but she chose a relatively good time to go and I don’t think it was all that outrageous.

I say thumbs_up.gif