The What Did You Do This Weekend Thread

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday: picked up ropes and drove up to WA Pass to car-camp before a Sunday climb of SEWS.

Sunday: Woke up with a dumb-fuck migraine, met my peeps at the TH, hiked up to the slabs, felt nauseated, fatigued, and dopey, threw in the towel--er, rope, walked back to the car, drove the 200 miles back home. Fuck fucking migraines! boxing_smiley.gif

Oh, and the highlight of the trip home was the malfunctioning of the stoplight at the site of the gigantic slide outside of Newhalem, so a line of cars both drove forward, from each side, and met in the middle. Ha! What fun. When I scooted by (after getting out of my car and heaving a flashing orange traffic barrel out of the way), a monster camper was still stuck there, unable to go forward, unable to go back. fruit.gif

saturday, hiked up ski run in Park City for an hour, attended meeting for 9 hours. Sunday, hiked up ski run in Park City for 2 hours attended meeting for 8 hours, Monday hiked up ski run in Park city for 2 hours attended meeting forever, Tuesday hiked up ski run in Park City for 2 hours spent rest of day on conference call, Wednesday hiked up ski run at Park City for 2 hours attended meeting for 8 hours........... Oh I got ahead of my self, its still only Sunday night.............

Climbed with Joseph and Jim Anglin on Sat. at Beacon. Did the 5 pitches of Yw to the top, walked down and Jim left to go windsurfing, then Joseph and I went and did Little Wing and then Jills Thrill as my age (and Josephs montezumas revenge - just back from Mexico) finally started to show.

The 2 highlights of the day were climbing with J and J. I had never had the privilage of climbing with Jim Anglin despite having almost killed him once 15-20 years earlier. He's got quite the reputation as a decent person, good guy and such: it was awesome climbing with him since he's such good company: and they were both climbing soooo strong, and Joseph was doing remarkable despite cramps and stuff. It was a near perfect day, climbing fast and safe with good weather and good company.

The next best thing of the day was when I finished the lead on little wing, having a stong looking young guy named Paul tell me something like "dude, that was an amazing lead up there, just incredible". I think he meant it too cause he didn't ask to borrow gear or money after saying it. blush.gifsmile.gif Normally I have to pay money for compliements so that was very refreshing. Very.

We told that party about CC.com, so maybe they'll show up, be nice to them please if they do.

It's a little bizarre to be the youngest of the party at 51 years old. cantfocus.gif

Today I went into work early this AM and cranked 4 hours of work in 3 hours and then bouldered at the Butte, dinner with the family was supurb, mom made shrimp and scallop salad, fresh corn on the cob, tomatoes and fried baby potatos. Desert was a moist coffee cake she made, it was perfect.

Now I'm back home typing and my wife is outside working in the yard, I should go help out. Water my shallots or something.

I still have sore muscles today from spending the time with Joseph, I need to get in better shape or he needs to get sicker in order for me to keep up.

ps, glad I'm not ducknut.

Ducknut, isn't right down the way is some of the best rockclimbing in the states, little cottonwood canyon? Solid granite. Very historical as well. They quarried some of it to make the Mormon Tabernacle.

Go thee to thy cracks kind ducknut! Grab a partner and do se do dude! If you are trying to save money I can direct you to a cave whereby you can sleep and stay dry.

chores and not much else on Saturday

Sunday climbed Ain't Misbehavin and the 3-pitch route to the right of it in Leavenworth. Good, fun 5.7 climbs that look like they did not get much traffic. With the quick approach, I a a bit surprised. I would recommend them as a couple of climbs for a relaxing day. However, if you are a beginning leader, the 3-pitch climb may not be the best, as the pro kind of sucked. I only placed 1 piece each on the 2nd and 3rd pitches, and they were a full 100 ft. long, though the climbing was mostly 5.5-5.6.

Bill I would have liked to climbed, but sadly I am here to work....and that means sitting inside in the air conditioning instead of climbing in the 98 degree sun.

Probably don't need this info either: Isn't the next valley over American Forks, more shade, probably find less people too, (plus more Horse and Deer flies). Good routes. You'd be staring at one of the prime reasons BDiamond moved there.

Also highly recommended on the must do list: swimming in the great salt lake. Take soem fresh water bottles to wash the salt out of your eyes.

Sunday: Climbed at Index with Crazyjz and the real jz. We did a bunch of fun climbs. The theme of the day was Enumclaw animal farm. yelrotflmao.gif

You should have given me advance warning. I would have sponsored your tour with a case of Schmidt, the beer that brings the animal out in you.