What a weekend!

Lambone

Anybody else want to spray about what they did over this awsome weekend? Me wife and I camped up at wing lake and scrambled up the south side if Black Mt. Twas quite nice, the North Cascades were on fire! Hoping to do NE ridge of Triumph next weekend if it stays nice...

Any other cool adventures? [big Drink]

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiked in the Sunrise area with my wife and our daughter. She was so excited to spend the afternoon at "the big snowy mountain". In fact, when she passed gas at the picnic table, my wife admonished her, and she responded, "I'm sorry, I tooted. It was a big-snowy-mountain too-toot."

[ 10-18-2002, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: pope ]

waded through the rabble at smith on fri/sat but managed to stake out some climbs. Anyone know what that long bolted line to the left of the peanut is? It has about 3 little roofs w/ boulder start (or chimney to right). felt about .10 something. What is it? Can't find it in the book or addendum.

then it was mt washington on sunday.

Went up to Static Point with Dave on Saturday. Noone else there I think.

Climbed Shock Treatment. That climb is the real deal -! Every pitch above the Spacepond is excellent and the 3rd lives up to the hyperbole in all the guidebooks.

Static Point is a great place. The climbing is fun (excellent provided you're entertained by the slabby stuff). It's rarely crowded. The scenery is fantastic. The approach hike is a nice warmup through some beautiful forest, and a scenic warmdown to end your day. To top it off you get to arrive home with your mud plastered truck sporting a bunch of foliage in the bumper! [big Drink]

----

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

waded through the rabble at smith on fri/sat but managed to stake out some climbs. Anyone know what that long bolted line to the left of the peanut is? It has about 3 little roofs w/ boulder start (or chimney to right). felt about .10 something. What is it? Can't find it in the book or addendum.

then it was mt washington on sunday.

5.10a

I spent the weekend in a tracker course at some sheriff's work camp (prison) outside of eugene. some poor inmate picked a bad weekend to pull of a heist... he stashed a router, some gardening tools and clothing in the woods nearby, his wife was going to pick them up on visitor day on saturday, but some dudes doing their tracking course found his stash and homeboy got busted.

some guys just have all the luck! [laf]

Tolerated the whims and foibles of urolgists and gynocologists from the world over. We'll be downtown for two more days still, if anyone has ant little problems they'd like to pass on to the powers that be, now's the time....the errant conversation you hear in the midst of people in reproductive health is....well, mighty infoamusingly entertainintersting! [Eek!]

Hey Lambone

NE Ridge of Triumph is one of the great moderate ridge climbs - you'll enjoy it. When I do it again I'll take an extra day and hang at the bivi - our goal was to make the lake and be on the trail by dark and between suicidal deer in the Methow and a 4 hour drive back to wenatchee it was one loooong night. The bivi is one of the best in the cascades.

Freeman