[TR] D-Town - Slab Daddy 7/15/2009

Dirtyleaf

Trip: D-Town - Slab Daddy

Date: 7/15/2009

Trip Report:

Jimbo SHokes and I sent the slab daddy last year when it was really hot. (REALLY HOT) It was really hot the day we climbed the slab daddy. Good thing we had cigarettes though. Being old time D-town buddies we both had to climb this and we knew we were the only slab retards to do it. Good thing I wore my tight performance shoes. So I could perform. On the slabs. We both wore helmets and drank water. I got very dehydrated. WE thought about doing it in 2 days but...kept going instead. It's a big route. lots of 5.10 slabs. Started to feel tired around pitch 17, with 5 more to go. It was ok. We made it. Jimbo took us to the top. Got dark at the summit. Made 11 raps in the dark down to the bivy ledge and our packs. I was licking the rock for moisture. Jimbo: "Um....do you want to clip in to the anchor?" Me: "sure" Spent the night at the ledge. It was hot. I was hot. I wouldn't recommend this route when it is really hot. And it was hot that day. ANyway, we had smokes. Jimbo had some whiskey. It was big. Here's some pictures.

Geoff_Climb_2009_047.jpg

Geoff_Climb_2009_052.jpg

Geoff_Climb_2009_051.jpg

Geoff_Climb_2009_048.jpg

Geoff_Climb_2009_050.jpg

Geoff_Climb_2009_053.jpg

Geoff_Climb_2009_057.jpg

Geoff_Climb_2009_055.jpg

Geoff_Climb_2009_056.jpg

Geoff_Climb_2009_059.jpg

Geoff_Climb_2009_060.jpg

Geoff_Climb_2009_066.jpg

Geoff_Climb_2009_063.jpg

This was our trip. This is our "official" TR. Expect wet pitches in the start and early season. Be aware of water. Bring a small hose to siphon out of pools on the upper part of the route.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little over an hour. It's not a very intense approach. For some reason I had to gather courage (liquid) to write this one up. Tea. Black chai with peach. Mmmm. Jimbo has videos and pictures too. Maybe he'll post some? Ciggy pics are my favorite. Slabs....so hot right now.