Repubs save schoolchildren

Jim

left-wing and anti-totalitarian simultaneously? oxymoron

i believe the social studies folks like to discriminate between the concepts of "left wing" and "ultra-left wing" - at any rate, your fringe libertarian types (usually considered leftist) want an essential total banishment of government, ergo no state to be totalitarian in the first place (the gang-based anarchic state that would naturally fill the vacuum would hardly be much better though, eh?)

you never answered me on the teaching the concept of propaganda question, tovarisch.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you never answered me on the teaching the concept of propaganda question, tovarisch.

hey, gee, you changed the subject and want me to reply on a tangent. piss off

why i try to be civil w/ a cunt like you is beyond me

it's a waste of time, but as the game's on commericial break, i got it: you were originally pissed b/c you say kids are being forced to see propaganda in a public classroom, no? so how is it a tangent, dickhead, to question you about the proper way to prepare students for being exposed to propaganda? seems pretty on topic to me.

i'd translate your lack of a response beyond an insult as a concession that you're so married to your antipathies that it clouds your reason

ok, commericial break over.

so, the take home message is, any communication from the government is propaganda and thus evil?

wash your hands before returnign to work?

speed limit 45?

maybe don't eat nothing but candy bars - ya know, throw in some fruits n' veggies n' shit?

beware of travel to somalia?

hey, does this include the noaa forecast? kinda pissing me off this weekend...

Ya know if Pres. Obama walked across the Potomac the Faux news headline would be "Barry Hussein can't swim".

Pffft, well he does but we don't see those kinds of headlines. Here you go.

obama_walking_on_water.jpg

I like this one with the dog.

ObamaWalksWaterDog.jpg

hmmm...perhaps...hmmm...

Mal-con, maybe you were thinking of this one below about the budget sinking? I don't recall where this chart was published though.

2009+Budget.jpg

They say that the man could sweet talk the panties off a 90 year old woman...I can't say about that, but I heard him live on the radio in my car discussing to Americans why Sonya Sodameyer was an excellent supreme court choice for our country and I had a tear in my eye, was singing God Bless America and reaching to take my own panties off before I realized I wasn't wearing any...The man is a powerful, erudite and flat out amazing speaker. And I'm not doing the compare and contrast thing on Presidential literacy with the last President either LOL!!!!!

It's been noted by others that they do seem to share some similarities though.

bush-obama-s.jpg

Start with his interview of Hitchens, on his book on George Orwell

It must hurt the lunatic fringe to hear the truth about Orwell: he was a life-long left winger who was an egalitarian, anti-imperialist, and anti-totalitarian. The most incisive criticism of totalitarianism has always been issued by left-wingers, who were among the first victims of both fascism and Stalinism, because their opposition to terror wasn’t opportunism (like Hayek’s among numerous other rightwing example) but steeped in a deep commitment to democratic principles.

left-wing and anti-totalitarian simultaneously? oxymoron

Might want to read up, dumbass. You ass is hanging out.

He mentioned race first - because he is a liberal - one of the most racist category of humans on the planet.

Sad, but true. Here's one of the latest, most egregious examples:

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/903577/Ominous#Post903577

Hey Jim, Steven Segal, j_b, Joseph, and Choad: I have an idea! Maybe you should try reigning in your more radicalized and anti-semitic elements (Prole) before you drop any more of your ridiculous race-bombs?

He mentioned race first - because he is a liberal - one of the most racist category of humans on the planet.

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/903577/Ominous#Post903577

Hey Jim, Steven Segal, j_b, Joseph, and Choad: I have an idea! Maybe you should try reigning in your more radicalized and anti-semitic elements (Prole) before you drop any more of your ridiculous race-bombs?

whatever the point...painting liberals is a bit racist of a stretch there fellas. if you believe any progress has been made against racism, that is, and who most worked for those goals.

do you really think that a troll here is a "good sample" of a liberal ideology? better would be the Democrat Stom Thurmond! ;)

oh...thats right! he changed parties.

whatever the point...painting liberals is a bit racist of a stretch there fellas. if you believe any progress has been made against racism, that is, and who most worked for those goals.

do you really think that a troll here is a "good sample" of a liberal ideology? better would be the Democrat Stom Thurmond! ;)

oh...thats right! he changed parties.

...or we could talk about Senate President pro tempore, Robert Byrd--Democrat. No doubt, you're willfully ignorant of his "history". Yes; I really do believe Prole's anti Semitic rant is a good sample. And the fact that you not only allow left-leamimg posters on this site to baselessly paint their political opposites as racist, but join in the fray even while you remain silent in the face of Prole's, j_b's, and Tvashtarketena's (see above) vile and blatant racial slurs and conspiratorial rants is peculiar. Not really a moderator, are ya.

1) Even abhorrent speech is protected in this country under the 1st Amendment. And I'm not my brother's keeper.

2) His post was a troll, plain and simple. Maybe not funny, but anyone can see it was meant as such. I'm going to guess he's not actually anti-semitic; on the other hand, you might consider him anti-semitic simply for suggesting/inferring that Israeli policy is flawed. Which is every bit as hyperbolic as his "Ominous" post.

3)What "race bombs" have I ever posted? :confused:

4) your post suggests that if we shut Prole up, it will then be OK for us to post racist shit. I disagree.

:yoda:

2) His post was a troll, plain and simple. Maybe not funny, but anyone can see it was meant as such.

No. He has a history of anti-Semitic posts here.

Like what? I'm not defending him, but I don't recall him suggesting that Hitler had the right idea, that Jews are inherently bad people, etc.

I do recall him repeatedly railing against Israeli government policies, which is a lot different.

Maybe I missed these posts of which you speak.

...or we could talk about Senate President pro tempore, Robert Byrd--Democrat. Yes; I really do believe Prole's anti Semitic rant is a good sample. And the fact that you not only allow left-leamimg posters on this site to paint their political opposites as racist, but join in the fray even while you remain silent in the face of Prole's, j_b's, and Tvashtarketena's (see above) vile and blatant racial slurs and conspiratorial rants is peculiar. Not really a moderator, are ya.

wow you really have a flair for drama don't you? no, i'm not a moderator. and in case you haven't noticed, we don't do much moderation in spray. i know you've got your liberal goggles on, but we've seen a lot of stupid shit trolls posted from all ends of the spectrum. ask me how much i've moderated! yeah, you got me, i'm not much of a moderator.

go ahead and discuss Byrd! at least you'd be discussing something real rather than getting your panties tied up in a knot about someone trolling your ass again.

believe it or not i don't read every post on this board. i "join in the fray" when i actual read something that i feel like responding to. so while you have seeming built a bullet proof case of my association with racists, i can only say that just seems a little dramatic to me.

Not at all. Show me the racist posts that emanate here from conservatives. Well? My point is that KK is largely correct: there is, in fact, a deep undercurrent of haughty racism amongst liberals in this country. The fact that they refuse to acknowledge it isn't nearly as disturbing as their efforts to obfuscate vis a vis the occasional loudmouth Confederate battle flag waving yahoo.

My point is that KK is largely correct: there is, in fact, a deep undercurrent of haughty racism amongst liberals in this country.

Considering many liberals in this country are blacks, Latinos, and Asians (are they considered a minority?), I assume that you mean the racism is working against white people. It is only since Obama was elected that we are suddenly hearing blacks being accused of racism vocally and in public in mainstream places.

If you mean white liberals and your shining example is prole's clearly sarcastic posts on cascadeclimbers.com, then I think you need to do a little more homework before making such a broad accusation. And citing tvash's epithet usage above isn't going to cut it, since his use of those words is obviously meant to troll.

FWIW, I think the fact that even contextural usage of racist words has been deemed voodoo is a sign that peopke's hypersensitivity is off the charts and everyone on both sides needs to lighten the phuck up.

The fact that they refuse to acknowledge it isn't nearly as disturbing as their efforts to obfuscate vis a vis the occasional loudmouth Confederate battle flag waving yahoo.

As above. If you can so easily dismiss the significance of the "occasional loudmouth Confederate battle flag waving yahoo" in its ability to speak for all conservatives, while simultaneously using what you perceive as one guys racist and anti Semitic posts (and in this case I see at most a crass insensitivity rather than true intent or hatred) as a springboard to accuse all liberals of being racist, then there's really not much difference between the two of you.

if the effect of a "law and order" fellow's agenda is to lock up a particular "race" of people, it doesn't follow that said fellow is a racist.

(the notion of "race" is to me rather offensive in itself.)

and i also wonder how many of you who are so concerned about matters of "ethnic difference" find yourselves in the company of, say, african americans, and then would use terms like "spear-chucker" to make a point?