Wounded Knee

billcoe

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, all you dudes hanging around town should have gone East of the Mt's or to Smith this weekend, bet it was great weather!

climbed the east face of monkey face! :rawk:

the weather was wierd though - brilliant, bright and hot till noon, than cold and very windy - shivering balls at the top while watching the loons and their slackline playing at death just a stone's throw away :)

climbed the east face of monkey face! :rawk:

the weather was wierd though - brilliant, bright and hot till noon, than cold and very windy - shivering balls at the top while watching the loons and their slackline playing at death just a stone's throw away :)

Fucker. :grin:

I promised my wife I'd stay around here as there was a social function Sat night. ( She had to ask 3 times to talk me out of Smith). I was thinking either East Face or North Face weather dependent.

Can't wait for the TR Ivan!

Starting to leak, just up the hill from my steller backflip performance wherein my buddies gave me low marks of 7.6, 7.3 and 7.1 respectfully as I didn't "stick the landing". Hmmm, judges, pfft, what the hell do they know anyway.

Starting_to_leak_resized.jpg

By the time I'd hiked out then driven my ass home, I had quite the blood collection system going in my shoe and the leg had swollen up substantially. It had soaked the bandage just working with gravity. This is that it was looking like after climbing for a bit b4 hiking and driving out.

Bill_leg_4_11_09_resized.jpg

After climbing, still bloody. Don't know whats so damn funny but I suspect Kyle had just reminded me he'd named the route "Wounded Knee". :) That's why Kyle is :tup::tup:

Kenny_Bill_at_Kyle_after_climbing_Wounded_Knee_FA_resized.jpg

It continued to soak the sock and fill my shoe on the hike out and drive home. Wife was pretty incredulous. Had an excuse to blow off the function though, it all works out somehow. The knee swollen up to about double of normal and was almost impossible to walk on later though.

Didn't even finish the day of climbing? Pussy.

:lmao:

At my age, bailing at 2pm is a full day anymore:-) Whacked it at noon, covered it with a bandage and tape, finished up the trail work and then followed Kyle up the new route, which he named "Wounded Knee" both for the knee and for the interesting Indian Head feature nearby. I got home and also got at least a 1/2 an hour from my laughing wife on how I can be now be the camp bitch in Yosemite next month! She says: "repeat after me, would you boys be having the pancakes or the cereal for breakfast this am", and " You fellas go climb I'll clean up the dishes and tidy up the camp".

not this time i think - i have no pictures, and tr's w/ no pix make kevbone :cry:

Fuck that, I reads dat shit fer yer stellar writing. We can copy and paste someone else's pics as we all know what it looks like:-)

How was it for you when you weren't shivering your ass off? I've done it with only nuts. The most memorable part of that is when my partner, clipping my pro which had just held me, pops a #7 wired stopper on the 2nd pitch traverse (if you did it as 3 total) and swings out over that overhang into big air space. Cams and cam hooks make some of this stuff much better on the nerves.

It's too bad they didn't have to amputate the lower half of your body...

...and throw the upper half away.

I'll bet that camping with you is real fun. Just as the fire gets going real strong you do a stinky steamy piss right into it I'll bet. Then you drop trou and crap on the picnic table so that people can remember you when they wake up the next day and have breakfast. Very memorable, not in a good way I mean.

Thanks to everyone else for the well wishes! :wave:

I'll bet that camping with you is real fun. Just as the fire gets going real strong you do a stinky steamy piss right into it I'll bet. Then you drop trou and crap on the picnic table so that people can remember you when they wake up the next day and have breakfast. Very memorable, not in a good way I mean.

actually i think that's how tvash hugs shit out - i could feel the love - you couldn't feel the love? :)

actually i think that's how tvash hugs shit out - i could feel the love - you couldn't feel the love? :)

One time, on my birthday, tvash snuck into my home before I woke and pissed in my apple juice and took a crap in my oven. That's when I knew we were friends.

You finished the trail work with blood seeping down your pants into your shoe? That's awesome, Bill. Hope it heals quickly.

not this time i think - i have no pictures, and tr's w/ no pix make kevbone :cry:

Fuck that, I reads dat shit fer yer stellar writing. We can copy and paste someone else's pics as we all know what it looks like:-)

How was it for you when you weren't shivering your ass off? I've done it with only nuts. The most memorable part of that is when my partner, clipping my pro which had just held me, pops a #7 wired stopper on the 2nd pitch traverse (if you did it as 3 total) and swings out over that overhang into big air space. Cams and cam hooks make some of this stuff much better on the nerves.

alright, well maybe i'll take on the word-crafting challenge - the humor will have to possess me first and the wife sends word she just bought a zombie-apocalypse game this afternoon so i might be distracted in the evenign :)

you're right about nuts though - the whole route can be done w/ just them - the scary parts were on tiny ass brassies that could be cleaned w/ the slightest outward tug :) a fat fishhook helped on pitch 2.