Boycott Kellogg's

Smoky_Mcpot

He broke the law and is now paying for it. Kellogs doesn't want to be associated with a criminal.

Hard to argue against that Scott, so I won't, but it's also hard to argue with folks who vote against this kind of rough treatment by NOT buying Kellogg products. Besides, everyone knows swimmers are party animals. If they tossed off all the high school kids who I personally knew who drank (some smoked out as well) at after swim meet parties, the pools would be empty. That doesn't mean you can't yell at them when you catch them doing it (like Kelloggs is doing here) : that's what I did to my daughter when she swam.

It's all about choice. If they want to they can toss him aside like a used Kleenex as a spokesman just like Patagonia did Dean Potter, it's their money. I don't have a big problem either way myself. I can understand their position. I also appreciate the company's that stay loyal as well. Consumers can, and will, choose how they feel about all this as well. It does seem like rough treatment, a bit over the top.

IMO Pot should not be illegal, nor should prostitution - we waste millions of dollars of resources on prosecuting and incarcerating otherwise good people who are harming no one.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew out of it. Called growing up. Making sacrifices. It is what being an adult is about. Y'all should try it sometime.

I have worked more daunting schedules than that with even more stress. Many of us do. Get this: We don't get to smoke pot either and we aren't making millions of dollars.

your life choices are really not sounding that great here man...

I don’t even smoke any more, mostly because of random drug testing at work

America sounds so beautiful...thank god for direct flights off this continent

Military homey.

He broke the law and is now paying for it. Kellogs doesn't want to be associated with a criminal.

Hard to argue against that Scott, so I won't, but it's also hard to argue with folks who vote against this kind of rough treatment by NOT buying Kellogg products. Besides, everyone knows swimmers are party animals. If they tossed off all the high school kids who I personally knew who drank (some smoked out as well) at after swim meet parties, the pools would be empty. That doesn't mean you can't yell at them when you catch them doing it (like Kelloggs is doing here) : that's what I did to my daughter when she swam.

It's all about choice. If they want to they can toss him aside like a used Kleenex as a spokesman just like Patagonia did Dean Potter, it's their money. I don't have a big problem either way myself. I can understand their position. I also appreciate the company's that stay loyal as well. Consumers can, and will, choose how they feel about all this as well. It does seem like rough treatment, a bit over the top.

IMO Pot should not be illegal, nor should prostitution - we waste millions of dollars of resources on prosecuting and incarcerating otherwise good people who are harming no one.

I don't think pot should be illegal either. Thing is, Phelps knew that if he got caught by the media smoking pot that his contracts were in jeopardy. He ran the risks and now he is saddled with the bill.

If you can't deal with the consequences, don't do it.

I would love to relax with a nice hit after work. Until it is legalized, I don't see that happening.

I always figured the laws would likely start changing in my lifetime. It seems most of the people that are so anti-pot are the aged and soon on there way out.

I had the same viewpoint in '68 when I predicted pot would be decriminalized by '72.

I had the same viewpoint in '78 when I predicted pot would be legalized by '82. It was already decriminalized (at least in California) but it went the other way, didn't it? Seems silly to me, and I probably smoke about as much pot as Atahosske.

from an article in The Olympian yesterday:

But the bill drew fire from anti-drug forces who argue marijuana is a gateway drug that can lead users to more serious drug abuse.

Seth Dawson of the Washington Association for Substance Abuse and Violence Prevention said marijuana use among early teens was a shared trait among many adult cocaine abusers. He said decriminalizing marijuana would send the wrong message to teenagers, and could lead to an increase in the number of marijuana users who get hooked on harder drugs.

Trotting out that hoary old "gateway drug" BS and twisting statistics. You know, masturbation is a shared trait among many rapists, maybe we should make that illegal too. What about alcohol and adult cocaine abusers?

what i like about the gateway arguement is it's self-fulfilling nature: if you've been told drug A is deadly and you should never do it, but then, upon doing A, you realize everythign you've ever heard about it was a crock of shit, why would you believe similiar claims about drugs B, C, D, etc.?

I always figured the laws would likely start changing in my lifetime. It seems most of the people that are so anti-pot are the aged and soon on there way out.

I had the same viewpoint in '68 when I predicted pot would be decriminalized by '72.

I had the same viewpoint in '78 when I predicted pot would be legalized by '82. It was already decriminalized (at least in California) but it went the other way, didn't it? Seems silly to me, and I probably smoke about as much pot as Atahosske.

from an article in The Olympian yesterday:

But the bill drew fire from anti-drug forces who argue marijuana is a gateway drug that can lead users to more serious drug abuse.

Seth Dawson of the Washington Association for Substance Abuse and Violence Prevention said marijuana use among early teens was a shared trait among many adult cocaine abusers. He said decriminalizing marijuana would send the wrong message to teenagers, and could lead to an increase in the number of marijuana users who get hooked on harder drugs.

Trotting out that hoary old "gateway drug" BS and twisting statistics. You know, masturbation is a shared trait among many rapists, maybe we should make that illegal too. What about alcohol and adult cocaine abusers?

Studies have proven that the 'gateway theory', that pot leads to harder drugs, is completely false. There is a gateway effect, however, but it is because the drug is illegal. Purchasers are forced to buy pot from drug dealers, who often have harder, more profitable drugs for sale; they are thus exposed to an opportunity they would not have if the drug was sold in a controlled manner like alcohol.

The 'message to our kids' argument is also wide of the mark. Pot is not a 'controlled substance', it is uncontrolled. The State gave up control by handing it over to the black market. Pot is actually easier to get for kids than truly controlled substances like alcohol, precisely because it isn't controlled.

So far, the message to our kids about pot is simply not credible: That it's a gateway drug (it's not), that it's really dangerous with any amount of use (it's not), etc. Kids simply don't buy these myths, and they shouldn't. Our legal system and official message therefore loses its credibility.

The message to our kids should be an honest one: Pot is a relatively mild drug when used in moderation, like alcohol. Like tobacco, it's probably not good for you.

If we really wanted to protect our kids, we would shield them from the very real physical danger of arrest for pot (this is, statistically and by far, the most dangerous aspect of using pot; the possibility of physical injury during arrest and incarceration). We would vote to prevent the state from destroying our kids futures because they smoked a joint and got caught. (Drug busts have far reaching effects: loss of the right to vote, ability to get many jobs, housing, cross international borders, fines, the negative influence of incarceration, etc).

Having said all of this, no one is arguing to make pot legal for kids, just as no one is arguing to let kids buy booze or cigarettes.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Studies have proven that the 'gateway theory', that pot leads to harder drugs, is completely false. There is a gateway effect, however, but it is because the drug is illegal. Purchasers are forced to buy pot from drug dealers, who often have harder, more profitable drugs for sale; they are thus exposed to an opportunity they would not have if the drug was sold in a controlled manner like alcohol.

The 'message to our kids' argument is also wide of the mark. Pot is not a 'controlled substance', it is uncontrolled. The State gave up control by handing it over to the black market. Pot is actually easier to get for kids than truly controlled substances like alcohol, precisely because it isn't controlled.

So far, the message to our kids about pot is simply not credible: That it's a gateway drug (it's not), that it's really dangerous with any amount of use (it's not), etc. Kids simply don't buy these myths, and they shouldn't. Our legal system and official message therefore loses its credibility.

The message to our kids should be an honest one: Pot is a relatively mild drug when used in moderation, like alcohol. Like tobacco, it's probably not good for you.

If we really wanted to protect our kids, we would shield them from the very real physical danger of arrest for pot (this is, statistically and by far, the most dangerous aspect of using pot; the possibility of physical injury during arrest and incarceration). We would vote to prevent the state from destroying our kids futures because they smoked a joint and got caught. (Drug busts have far reaching effects: loss of the right to vote, ability to get many jobs, housing, cross international borders, fines, the negative influence of incarceration, etc).

Having said all of this, no one is arguing to make pot legal for kids, just as no one is arguing to let kids buy booze or cigarettes.

Post of the day. :tup:

If he can't stop smoking pot to make millions of dollars a month, then he is too big of an idiot to have the money in the first place.

Why should he? He's worked hard - let him enjoy himself.

Fuck him. There are many that work much harder than he in this country.

They're called "Mexicans"

If he can't stop smoking pot to make millions of dollars a month, then he is too big of an idiot to have the money in the first place.

Oddly, they don't drug test.

Oddly, they don't drug test.

That's bullshit.

I'll wager they do if and when larger quantities are involved.

Edited by Dechristo