New Female Posters

minx

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)my daughters are locked in tiny little cages to protect them from sexual predators like you. once they outgrow the tiny little cages, i will house them in burqas.

then i will eat them. yummy.

I tripped over one of your daughters while she was sprawled on the sidewalk on my way to the Taco Bell on Aurora and 90th. I didn't mean to touch her that way, though.

maybe we should just require a complete profile of everyone who registers. height weight measurements age gender sexual preference(s) climbing resume marital/dating status, annual income, plotical position on important issues profession hopes fears dreams goals

note my cryptic profile - all on a need to know basis

Well I'm really fat and old...does that matter?

ah come on, yer just teasing! this non-climber can tell you are a ravishing young woman who has the common sense to stay away from the climber type! not that i have anything against old and fat, mind you....

Ok, well, I'm fat, old...and UGLY!

maybe we should just require a complete profile of everyone who registers. height weight measurements age gender sexual preference(s) climbing resume marital/dating status, annual income, plotical position on important issues profession hopes fears dreams goals

note my cryptic profile - all on a need to know basis

I hide nothing!!!!1 Everything you ever remotely considered you might want to know about sobo is posted in my profile. I now go so far as to provide a pic of the elusive beast:

sobo.jpg

Edited by sobo

Are we too harsh? Any way to weed out the trolls w/o chasing off the good ones?

I immediately assumed that HBB was a troll based on her screen name and first post which sounded sort of like a personal add.

Maybe I’m too harsh? I’d like it if there were more women posting here more often. I also like to meet the occasional female climbing partner so it’d be good if they didn’t all get get chased off. I know of at least one specific case where someone quit posting here b/c no one believed that she was female and kept up the shit. She is female. She is a cool chick. I just need to be better about staying in touch. :/

I’d hate for that to happen again. This one (HBB) struck me instantly as a troll as did Darsisususus but not all of them have.

before i read the rest of this thred i think there are a couple of things to keep in mind.

if you are going to post a personal add as your first post anywhere any woman should be prepared for not being taken seriously.

if you are going to post as "muffy" "Minx" "hunnybee" or any other such thing you better have the sense of humor and the courage and personality to take what comes with it.

if a woman wants to be taken seriously she should post under a relatively innocuous name (My fist avitare was sk) and start by asking questions about climbing and not looking for cute boys to climb with.

Minx i don't think you were wrong to assume this was a troll. if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck and wont come to pub club to meet people... it is usually a duck.

Muffy's .02$

ah come on, yer just teasing! this non-climber can tell you are a ravishing young woman who has the common sense to stay away from the climber type! not that i have anything against old and fat, mind you....

i believe the time has come for you to PM me your photo. don't be shy, since i am not a climber.

i believe the time has come for you to PM me your photo. don't be shy, since i am not a climber.

Show me yours first!

before i read the rest of this thred i think there are a couple of things to keep in mind.

if you are going to post a personal add as your first post anywhere any woman should be prepared for not being taken seriously.

if you are going to post as "muffy" "Minx" "hunnybee" or any other such thing you better have the sense of humor and the courage and personality to take what comes with it.

if a woman wants to be taken seriously she should post under a relatively innocuous name (My fist avitare was sk) and start by asking questions about climbing and not looking for cute boys to climb with.

Minx i don't think you were wrong to assume this was a troll. if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck and wont come to pub club to meet people... it is usually a duck.

Muffy's .02$

There is some wisdom there, Muffy, but I think Minx has a point as well. When I saw that thread, I immediately thought: "what if she was NOT a troll? And why do we need to jump on any opportunity to make sex jokes and then pass it off as "they invited it and I'm not responsible for being a jerk?"

You're right: a reasonably cautious female person who didn't want to be harassed might not oughtta post the way she did - but some people assume they can be straight forward about who they are and expect not to be treated with sarcasm or cynicism simply for looking to meet people. And I think a lot of younger women these days honestly don't understand that if they run around with almost nothing on or post under the name I'm-a-tease they are likely to find lots of men - juvenile or geriatric - reacting in a certain way they may find offensive.

matt makes some good points but i've got a couple to add

1. i started out with "minx" as my avatar. that certainly could have invited some risque comments. h/e i didn't post what amounts to a personal add as my first post. so it didn't and my intro to the board was quite smoothe

2. as for attributing the nature of her post to being a "younger woman" and not know what kind of response she'd likely get, as an "older" woman, i find that absurd. women of all ages know what running around w/nothing on or posting under the name "imawhore" is likely to get them. they a) either like that kind of attention or b)have lost touch w/reality.

its nice to think that you won't be judged or treated badly b/c of the way you dress but even a 21 yr old doesn't think that's reality. right or wrong if you trot around in your mini skirts you know and expect some men to respond to it. that's why most work places have a dress code.

however, i'd still like it if we could presume new female posters are actually females in real life until proven otherwise. what's the big deal? if you PM the new poster in a reasonable fashion then nothing you say will be embarrassing if it turns out to be a troll.

try this "hey, i'd be interested in climbing with you. i'm free on saturday. should we meet at vantage at 10am?"

There was another female, can't remember her name, but she posted for a partner in partners and put her phone number down. I pm'd her saying if she was a troll have fun, but if not, she might wait to give out her number in a pm rather than a public forum. The mom in me, I just couldn't help myself. But at least one guy cc.comer climbed with her and she was legit. So you just never know.