La Nina Doom

JosephH

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard on the radio it is supposed to rain all of October. Interesting.

shit, if'n'it do that the month after we could maybe write a song about it? but someone's gonna need a really big fucking snake if we'll be making a music vid-e-o for it too - and stupid hats - and victoria secret whores who mentally abuse us!

Will be in Albequerque on and off all winter working so I guess I'll be shifting my climbing to the Sandia Mtns for the time being...

800px-Sandia_Crest%2C_Albuquerque_PP_AB.JPG

Youd better learn how to spell Albuquerque then :eveeel:

And hey, theyve got skiing on the lee side of that there crest. Check it out!

I'm off to knock off a 7-11 and donate some plasma to fund the excursion as we speak...

If want, privation, or any other misfortune should compel you to visit Boston at any point before next July, we'll gladly reciprocate.

Seriously though - we're contemplating a return to Squistler for the annual get-away in early March, so we'll be in touch if it pans out.

Locals call it the 'Burque. Spoken as Burrrr-Kay.

The ski area is Sandia Peak Ski area and, in short, sucks.

I've never climbed in the Sandias, but now that I don't live there, I'd like to go back and climb there a bit (probably just for a bit though).

Will be in Albequerque on and off all winter working so I guess I'll be shifting my climbing to the Sandia Mtns for the time being...

800px-Sandia_Crest%2C_Albuquerque_PP_AB.JPG

Is that where Bugs always makes the wrong turn?

I spent some time in Los Alamos and saw some climbing there between White Rock and LA. Placing gear looked a little sketchy but the bolted routes looked pretty good.

I hear Taos is a good resort but they're still in the Dark Ages and don't allow snowboards (unless you fool them with a split board). ;)

I'm looking forward to some snow.

If you don't like upcoming weather get out and stay out Joseph.

I don't know you Feck, but that post makes you out to be a bit of a rude bastard which you just confirmed via PM.

Joseph, when the winter hits and people up here are praying for the endless 36 degree rains to stop, post a TR of some warm Sandia or other New Mexican climbs will ya. Keep the stoke alive.

Best part of Albuquerque is the plentiful Turquoise and Peyote Buds. Good memories.

Edited by billcoe