[TR] Index - Rattle Tale 5/6/2007

olyclimber

Trip: Index - Rattle Tale

Date: 5/6/2007

Trip Report:

Went up with Pax and Jeff to look at Rattle Tale. I followed up the first pitch, but otherwise wanked around and took pickturs as I'm not supposed to be climbing. They also climbed the 5.10 to the left . It got wet later but we only felt occasional drops till we moved away from the wall on the way out. On the way home we stopped at "Best Friends Expresso" on Lake City way. After driving around the block once, we went back for more coffee. Then once more, but we couldn't drink much more coffee so we went home without a date.

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there with a bunch of B-hammers as well. Did Roger's corner and BOC after it rained, but enjoyed a thorough thrashing on Lamplighter > Heaven's Gate before that.

Wish I had run in to you guys. I didn't realize how overhung Roger's and Breakfast of Champions is until rapping back down, then it made sense why it was still bone-dry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oly, I was so inspired by this TR that I found my own pair of rope guns and did both of the same routes. Yours truly led the 5.8 pitch, whining about not having enough small cams. After that, the guns took over.

Man, it was fun. I think that one on the left is called Chasing the Lizard, 5.10a. Long pitch, huh? That's one not to be underestimated. It's got a bit of everything on it from fingers to offwidth. It need a little brushing out up top.

Thanks, Mark and Lee.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Trip: Index - Rattle Tale

Date: 5/6/2007

Trip Report:

Went up with Pax and Jeff to look at Rattle Tale. I followed up the first pitch, but otherwise wanked around and took pickturs as I'm not supposed to be climbing. They also climbed the 5.10 to the left . It got wet later but we only felt occasional drops till we moved away from the wall on the way out. On the way home we stopped at "Best Friends Expresso" on Lake City way. After driving around the block once, we went back for more coffee. Then once more, but we couldn't drink much more coffee so we went home without a date.

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

Nice pictures. man I wish I lived closer to Index.

• 4 months later...