What inspires you?

StreetBoss

I was bored after a run yesterday and sat down to read Alan Watts guide to Smith. Totally motivated me to climb. Best guide written.

Made me think...when I first began climbing I was inspired by Dick Bass climbing the seven summits - I immediated put together a climb of McKinley and Aconcagua. Nelson's first guide came out and I nearly climbed the entire book in a couple of years. I read an article in Climibng about awesome peaks in Peru so I went there for three months and knocked off loads of climbs. I talked to some friends as they trained for a 50 mile, then a 100 mile run - so I was inspired to run a marathon.

What get's you going? Just talking to the phat man RuMr helps keep me motivated to climb hard.....

:yoda:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question, Waterguy. Inspiration comes unexpectedly from anywhere. I was recently flipping through a climbing rag from the '80s and now I'm totally stoked to go to the Needles, in the Sierras. Orange and yellow lichen on vertical granite planes just gets me off. Planning for September, yaaahhhh!

Seems like you aren't very imaginative if you get interested in whatever you read about. Think up something on your own :P

You're a doucebag dipshit. I've inspired myself for many things. :yoda:

Like for instance, what?

The things that get me stoked for climbing are doing a lot of a different type of climbing. After a couple of weeks of ice climbing I'm ready for some warm dry days at Squamish. After a couple of days at Squamish I'm more into getting up early and going into the mountains. After a couple of alpine starts and heavy packs, bouldering seems stokey stokey.

Frankly, every conversation with my 15 year old daughter that ends with "you know dad, I really love you" inspires me to be the person she sees.

With regards to climbing, it's all the old dads from Beckey (okay, so he he never bred) on down to Bill Coe that inspire me to believe this game is a life long endeavor, and that a love of adventure and the wild is a sustaining dream.

Sadly, while I believe they go to support things I believe in like education and libraries, I don't find paying property taxes nearly as inspiring.

doing a lot of a different type of climbing. After a couple of weeks of ice climbing I'm ready for some warm dry days at Squamish. After a couple of days at Squamish I'm more into getting up early and going into the mountains. After a couple of alpine starts and heavy packs, bouldering...

...this game is a life long endeavor, and that a love of adventure and the wild is a sustaining [inspiration]

I was bored after a run yesterday and sat down to read Alan Watts guide to Smith. Totally motivated me to climb. Best guide written.

Made me think...when I first began climbing I was inspired by Dick Bass climbing the seven summits - I immediated put together a climb of McKinley and Aconcagua. Nelson's first guide came out and I nearly climbed the entire book in a couple of years. I read an article in Climibng about awesome peaks in Peru so I went there for three months and knocked off loads of climbs. I talked to some friends as they trained for a 50 mile, then a 100 mile run - so I was inspired to run a marathon.

What get's you going? Just talking to the phat man RuMr helps keep me motivated to climb hard.....

:yoda:

what inspires me right now?

Watchin' my little folks getting that gleam in their eye about making an outing to index or wherever...driving by there on the way up to steven's the other day, my seven year old says "Man, i can't wait until its sunny and warm out and it gets dark at 9...i wanna go to index...hey, you wanna stop and just go look at the walls?"

all of the sudden i'm dreaming about summer weekend cragging and after work craggin...gym sucks it...