Weight Loss Contest

Peter_Puget

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sherri-doll, you are a beautiful and positive person, and I think I speak for most here when I say thank you for sharing your positive attitude.

Love to you!

A great and well-deserved post for our wonderful Sherri. Thanks for all your support and help. Love ya, girlfriend! xoxox

A great and well-deserved post for our wonderful Sherri. Thanks for all your support and help. Love ya, girlfriend! xoxox

Well, shucks, folks. :blush:

This is YOUR moment to shine! You guys are doing all the hard work, after all. :tup:

And Rmncwrtr, we still got a date with a rock and a piece of cake this summer....

Oh. That's right - she has no weight to lose. :P

I wouldn't either if I could run up mountains like that one, MisterE.

I'll settle for climbin' them, though. ;)

Nothin' shaves the weight like a 50-mile trail run...that girl PUT ME DOWN on approaches! :laf:

Oh. That's right - she has no weight to lose. :P

I wouldn't either if I could run up mountains like that one, MisterE.

I'll settle for climbin' them, though. ;)

Nothin' shaves the weight like a 50-mile trail run...that girl PUT ME DOWN on approaches! :laf:

OMG, you are so not lying. She'd leave me in the dust on runs and bike rides. Humbling, indeed. Wish we could have converted her into a climber. :crazy:

Ok so I'm a little confused and depressed. On the 25th I was at 208.5 lbs As of today I'm at 213 lbs. that's down 7 lbs by my start date or down 3.5 by the official start date.

It's kind of sad since last week I was down 11.5 lbs. I did go to the Ski In and eat a bunch of salmon and drink soda, but I also did an 11 pitch climb and go for a long hike. Maybe I should quit eating and starve myself.

Ok so I'm a little confused and depressed. On the 25th I was at 208.5 lbs As of today I'm at 213 lbs. that's down 7 lbs by my start date or down 3.5 by the official start date.

It's kind of sad since last week I was down 11.5 lbs. I did go to the Ski In and eat a bunch of salmon and drink soda, but I also did an 11 pitch climb and go for a long hike. Maybe I should quit eating and starve myself.

don't get too excited here. I jumped on the scale this morning and weighed 145 :sick: after weighing 140 on monday morning. part of what you might be experiencing is that you are building muscle. you want to think about how your body looks over all not just the # on the scale. and give it a lot of time. I think (sheri correct me if i am wrong) most of us have an ideal healthy weight. the trick is to find that and stay with in a range there. in the long run i don't care how much i weigh... i want to get rid of the extra bit around the middle i have acumulated :blush: and be healthy and strong and have an efficient metabolism. from experience that has always been about 130 LBS for me. it is a goal but sort of an arbitrary one. it is more important how i feel... and if i were you i would be feeling like a ROCK STAR!!! I would love to climb 1 pitches of 5.9 and i am pretty sure i would die :blush:

don't get too excited here. I jumped on the scale this morning and weighed 145 :sick: after weighing 140 on monday morning. part of what you might be experiencing is that you are building muscle. you want to think about how your body looks over all not just the # on the scale. and give it a lot of time. I think (sheri correct me if i am wrong) most of us have an ideal healthy weight. the trick is to find that and stay with in a range there. in the long run i don't care how much i weigh... i want to get rid of the extra bit around the middle i have acumulated :blush: and be healthy and strong and have an efficient metabolism. from experience that has always been about 130 LBS for me. it is a goal but sort of an arbitrary one. it is more important how i feel... and if i were you i would be feeling like a ROCK STAR!!! I would love to climb 1 pitches of 5.9 and i am pretty sure i would die :blush:

Couldn't have said it better myself! :tup:

Muffy's right on the money, AlpineK. Sounds like you are becoming fitter and healthier, not the other way around. Doing 11 pitches AND a long hike?! Stud! :P

going through same thang. went back up 3- 4 pounds. i have had to eat more to recover well from exercise.to keep the workouts and diet lightly will in the end give the best results. you're just on a plateau, soon you'll knock another five.!!

Listen to what everyone else has said. Smart folks here. Weights fluctuate all the time and if you're working out hard and building muscle you'll gain, not lose. How are you're clothes fitting? Looser, tighter? Virendra posted something about his waist size changing a couple days back. Anyway, sometimes how much you weigh doesn't tell the entire story. A change in diet can change your body without a a change in the scale.

So hang in there AlpineK! :tup: You're doing awesome like everybody else here.

oh, thanksgiving!

I think we should start a fat-ass thread so all us chubby people can hang out together. I never feel fat when I am around regular sized people; only when I'm around skinny little folks.

perhaps relocating to american samoa then?

oh, thanksgiving!

I think we should start a fat-ass thread so all us chubby people can hang out together. I never feel fat when I am around regular sized people; only when I'm around skinny little folks.

i am pretty convinced that hanging out with supper model skinny people actually changes the shape of my body and i actually turn in to what a fear....

the rest of the time i am pretty good with me.

maybe i would feel better if we make being too skinny illegal and start to do away with *those people*.

I would feel better if we make being too skinny illegal and start to do away with *those people*.

I dont like that idea!! Why's everyone got to hate on the skinny people? Oh thats right we climb better I forgot!!

There's nothing wrong with being able to eat whatever the hell I want and not gain a pound. In fact I think its great, sure beats counting calories!! Suckers

I would feel better if we make being too skinny illegal and start to do away with *those people*.

I dont like that idea!! Why's everyone got to hate on the skinny people? Oh thats right we climb better I forgot!!

There's nothing wrong with being able to eat whatever the hell I want and not gain a pound. In fact I think its great, sure beats counting calories!! Suckers

wooo hoo we have our first volenteer!!!! :tup: