Weight Loss Contest

Peter_Puget

Weight fluctuations over a day or so are water, period.

Take a look at three pounds of butter stacked up. That is the size of three pounds of fat. You don.t add that kind of volume to your body over a couple of days. Take a look at 3 pounds of water (10 lbs a gallon= not much volume). Water is absorbed all over the body quickly and also is used by the body even quicker. That is what you see on the scale when you are eating normally. When you eat a bunch of sugars all of a sudden your body does not need as much water so it stores it quickly all over the place. Hence quick weight gain.

Don't be discouraged by little ups and downs, as long as you keep a downward trend over a long time. It seems that the longer you take to loose the fat, the easier it is to stay that way. Probably because it takes that time to learn new eating habits and lifestyle changes.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Take a look at 3 pounds of water (10 lbs a gallon= not much volume)...

Starting with an accepted approximation of water at 62.4 lbs/cubic foot, and using 7.48 gallons/cubic foot, that makes for 8.34 lbs/gallon, not 10 lbs/gallon. But we get your point, TT.

And yes, I'm wearing my plastic pocket protector... :nurd: :nurd: :nurd:

I would feel better if we make being too skinny illegal and start to do away with *those people*.

I dont like that idea!! Why's everyone got to hate on the skinny people? Oh thats right we climb better I forgot!!

There's nothing wrong with being able to eat whatever the hell I want and not gain a pound. In fact I think its great, sure beats counting calories!! Suckers

You folks don't fair well in bar brawls though.

I would feel better if we make being too skinny illegal and start to do away with *those people*.

I dont like that idea!! Why's everyone got to hate on the skinny people? Oh thats right we climb better I forgot!!

There's nothing wrong with being able to eat whatever the hell I want and not gain a pound. In fact I think its great, sure beats counting calories!! Suckers

You folks don't fair well in bar brawls though.

I disagree, we are fast and scrappy.

then drop the fuckin' oreo, man...just put it down nice and easy and back away all calm like...you can do it man, you can do it...

sheesh...quit fuckin' eatin...it ain't rocket science...

for some of us that is easier said than doen. and yes you can lose wieght by quiting eating. for instance when i was 18 i wieghed 113 pounds as i had not eaten a decent meal in about 7 years. i was so thin my hair was starting to fall out and i had very little elasticity in my skin. i was essentaly starting to die. so then i had to learn TO EAT, as i had become very good at not eating. Meth helped part of the time. the rest of the time i mostly ate slatiens and drank water. some times i had cottage cheese.

fast forward... when i start to get thin i really like it. i like so much i want to stop eating all together and that would be so much easier. SO MUCH EASIER, because then i wouldn't have to learn to stop at one oreo. i just wouldn't eat any at all. or anything else for that matter.

i have used alot of drugs, i have been adicted to many things. nothing has made my life more blissful and horrible than food. so yes it is not rocket science, for me it is also not easy. I do not know when i am hungry or when i am full becuaes my body stopped telling me that a long time ago.

it is not "Just" that i want to lose 10 pounds. i want to learn to eat in a healthy way and not smoke or starve myself. i started smoking at 11 when i started starving myself. now i am not smoking and i don't want to starv myself so i am TRYING to learn to eat in a healthy way.

but it's kinda like telling a haroien adict to learn to use in a healthy way.

thanks for the support and understanding Rudy :(

i lost 30 lbs since jan 1st mf'er!!!!!! i can lose weight. we all can and will lose weight; the one component you dont seem to get is TIME!!!!!!!

we need time!!!!!! no way around time!!!!

quit ruining my guilt trip on Rumr ;)

i weighed 210 about 10 years after i wighed 113. i gaind a whole person and then lost half of her.... still working on learning the whole healthy thing.

to me, you are the picture of inner and outer health. your heart is slim and quick.fat is no match for you.!! lifestyle is key.

Can i Quote you on that? I think i am putting that in my cube today!!

I'd stick that up too if I were you, Muffy!

Dieting while stressed about a project is actually working well for me. Dinner last night = two bites of salad, glass of red wine and one Godiva chocolate truffle. And that was only because I was working so hard I forgot to eat and hubby brought it to me around 8:30 pm. Must remember to take a vitamin today.

I gotta admit though, if someone showed up on my doorstep with a box of Ho-hos today, I would not be responsible for my actions.

then drop the fuckin' oreo, man...just put it down nice and easy and back away all calm like...you can do it man, you can do it...

for some of us that is easier said than doen. and yes you can lose wieght by quiting eating. for instance when i was 18 i wieghed 113 pounds as i had not eaten a decent meal in about 7 years. i was so thin my hair was starting to fall out and i had very little elasticity in my skin. i was essentaly starting to die. so then i had to learn TO EAT, as i had become very good at not eating. Meth helped part of the time. the rest of the time i mostly ate slatiens and drank water. some times i had cottage cheese.

fast forward... when i start to get thin i really like it. i like so much i want to stop eating all together and that would be so much easier. SO MUCH EASIER, because then i wouldn't have to learn to stop at one oreo. i just wouldn't eat any at all. or anything else for that matter.

i have used alot of drugs, i have been adicted to many things. nothing has made my life more blissful and horrible than food. so yes it is not rocket science, for me it is also not easy. I do not know when i am hungry or when i am full becuaes my body stopped telling me that a long time ago.

it is not "Just" that i want to lose 10 pounds. i want to learn to eat in a healthy way and not smoke or starve myself. i started smoking at 11 when i started starving myself. now i am not smoking and i don't want to starv myself so i am TRYING to learn to eat in a healthy way.

where the hell were yer folks during all of this????

Dieting while stressed about a project is actually working well for me. Dinner last night = two bites of salad, glass of red wine and one Godiva chocolate truffle. And that was only because I was working so hard I forgot to eat and hubby brought it to me around 8:30 pm. Must remember to take a vitamin today.

I gotta admit though, if someone showed up on my doorstep with a box of Ho-hos today, I would not be responsible for my actions.

you call this healthy???? WTF??? You drink booze and eat a small amount of CRAP and this is healthy??? WTF?? Just eat a healthy meal and go for a run or a walk for 45 minutes...stay up a little later so you don't sandbag your project...

WHAT HAS OUR SOCIETY COME TOO?????

What you described is far from healthy...i'm sorry, but i gotta call bullshit...

i lost 30 lbs since jan 1st mf'er!!!!!! i can lose weight. we all can and will lose weight; the one component you dont seem to get is TIME!!!!!!!

well, big frickin' duh that its about "time"...you should not drop more than a 1 to 1 1/2 lbs a week if you want it to be permanent...otherwise, its nothing more than a fad...

Edited by RuMR

Stress can send a diet off-course quicker than Homer can down a dozen donuts...good job for doing what you need to do to stay on track. Having one chocolate and a glass of wine is admirable considering that some could have just as easily gotten sloshed and downed the whole box of chocolates. Good girl! :tup:

Now finish that project and eat your salads, Missy. ;)

quit ruining my guilt trip on Rumr ;)

i weighed 210 about 10 years after i wighed 113. i gaind a whole person and then lost half of her.... still working on learning the whole healthy thing.

i'm too insensitive to have a guilt trip...NEXT!

Edited by RuMR

...Take a look at 3 pounds of water (10 lbs a gallon= not much volume)...

Starting with an accepted approximation of water at 62.4 lbs/cubic foot, and using 7.48 gallons/cubic foot, that makes for 8.34 lbs/gallon, not 10 lbs/gallon. But we get your point, TT.

And yes, I'm wearing my plastic pocket protector... :nurd: :nurd: :nurd:

I'm gonna start calling you Rainman

that is a big question that i am not sure anyone wants the answer to. i will answer it in PM if you like. what i will say here is that my mom was bulimic for several years just as i was hitting puberty. and until she hit late 40's or her 50's i had never known my mom to not be on some weird fad diet.

you call this healthy???? WTF??? You drink booze and eat a small amount of CRAP and this is healthy??? WTF?? Just eat a healthy meal and go for a run or a walk for 45 minutes...stay up a little later so you don't sandbag your project...

WHAT HAS OUR SOCIETY COME TOO?????

What you described is far from healthy...i'm sorry, but i gotta call bullshit...

Up until last night I have been very healthy eating a full vegan diet, hiking almost every day and doing quite well with only a few cheats. I was being sarcastic in that post due to stress, being completely overwhelved and lack of sleep so it did not translate. My apologies.

that is a big question that i am not sure anyone wants the answer to. i will answer it in PM if you like. what i will say here is that my mom was bulimic for several years just as i was hitting puberty. and until she hit late 40's or her 50's i had never known my mom to not be on some weird fad diet.

no no...your business is yours...the question was rhetorical...an 11 year old should only be marginally responsible for their health...i say that because its the parents' duty to instill healthy living and habits into the child. otherwise, they've failed in their mission.

Stress can send a diet off-course quicker than Homer can down a dozen donuts...good job for doing what you need to do to stay on track. Having one chocolate and a glass of wine is admirable considering that some could have just as easily gotten sloshed and downed the whole box of chocolates. Good girl! :tup:

Now finish that project and eat your salads, Missy. ;)

Thanks, Sherri. I will. I'm actually enjoying eating vegetarian and loving all the salads, but food, even if it were pizza, burgers and fries, is the first thing that goes when I have a lot of work to do and get stressed. No matter whether I'm on a diet or not, I just forget to eat. It's always been like that even when I was working as an engineer. That's why hubby came home from work a few minutes ago to fix me something healthy and yummy to eat for lunch. The man knows me too well.

no no...your business is yours...the question was rhetorical...an 11 year old should only be marginally responsible for their health...i say that because its the parents' duty to instill healthy living and habits into the child. otherwise, they've failed in their mission.

i agree. however i don't think it is too late for me to learn. ;)oddly i am pretty good at feeding the boys a reasonably healthy diet.