Weight Loss Contest

Peter_Puget

i got down to 137 a week and a half ago. but gained back to 143. eating 1200 calories a day sucks. i am frustrated and frustrated. i am better at working out more than i am at eating less. I am still trying though :) I hope every one feels healthy and strong :grin:

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am down to 173 from 177 June first. Less than I expected but I should be down to below 170 by the end of June. I am probably eating 3 to 4 thousand calories a day, I am not counting. I had to change to whipping cream for my lattes. I had an omlette with bacon this morning. For lunch I had Mexican salami and Havarti cheese and salad. Tonight I had a huge chicken stirfry with onions green peppers celery and green beans I found out that black bean sauce is fairly low in carbs. Went to the show tonight and had 0 carbs gingerale and a chocolate bar. Less than 20 grams of carbs for the day and no hunger pangs, or any thoughts about wanting a snack or being hungry. Easy peasy.

This last week has been tough! Too much Beer, BBQ and ice Cream.

These two have went overboard:

renee210607REX_468x905.jpg

I think they look fine. Both in great shape and over 30.

i think they both look like bobble head skeletors. but then i like women with a little meat on them. and some boobs and hips.

i think they both look like bobble head skeletors. but then i like women with a little meat on them. and some boobs and hips.

...yes! Some muscle is nice, too, but I'd settle for two out of the three.

Well put :tup: :tup:

Heroin Chic is nasty :tdown:

...yes! Some muscle is nice, too, but I'd settle for two out of the three.

Well put :tup: :tup:

Heroin Chic is nasty :tdown:

I couldn't agree more :grin:

SJP is not conventionally pretty but she has great style! Check out that black & yellow dress. I gotta find me a knockoff...

In reality most Americans would do well to emulate these two. Obesity is a far greater problem than underweight.

either end is death. having spent some time with some serious anorexics and bulimics it is not a pretty way to die. i know this one woman who got so thin her liver shut down and her hair fell out. it was devastating to all of us. who knew and liked her. she was one of the trainers at my gym. she started out a little heavy and just disappeared physically and socially. she is currently still alive, but barely. she still wont eat enough to be able to leave the house or be active.

I'm sorry to hear about that woman. I agree anorexia can be really dreadful. My best friend in high school was down to 88 punds and had to be admitted to a hospital (luckily she's normal now) But, from a societal perspective I'm guessing the number of obese people in this country outweighs (pardon the pun) the anorexics 1000 to 1.

Btw, I'm not convinced those actresses are unhealthy. Some people are just smalled boned, or like SJP, former dancers. I once had this annoying co-worker follow me to the bathroom a lot. I finally asked er what was up and she told me she was worried I was a bullemic. I asked her if she'd ever noticed the grande cups of Starbucks on my desk that I drink 2 of per day (but how creepy is it to have your colleagues monitoring your peeing!?)

I'm thinking it's best not to worry too much about Hollywood stars bulimic or not. Especially when you live in Lake City...now pushy car salesman that's another story.

Right now I'm at 210.

Basically I am the same as on June 11th. That's down 10 lbs from my start date or down 6.5 from the contest start.

Original 5/7 weigh-in: 138

5/14 weigh-in: 136

5/21 weigh-in: 133

5/28 weigh-in: 130

6/4 weigh-in: 130

6/11 weigh-in: 130

6/18 weigh-in: 130

Today's weigh in is 131 lbs. Not too worried about the one pound gain. It actually might be muscle gain :) Four different people who I hadn't seen in a few weeks came up to me this weekend and mentioned how I looked. All positive comments, too! I'm still avoiding alcohol, easy to do since I'd drank way to much over a week ago and can't even stand the smell now. And my clothes keep fitting looser so I'm definitely on the right track.

i got down to 137 a week and a half ago. but gained back to 143. eating 1200 calories a day sucks. i am frustrated and frustrated. i am better at working out more than i am at eating less. I am still trying though :) I hope every one feels healthy and strong :grin:

I feel healthy and strong. I haven't lost weight, but I have certainly put on some muscle. I feel better and I feel better about myself. This thread/contest has been a good place to find encouragement!

I feel healthy and strong. I haven't lost weight, but I have certainly put on some muscle. I feel better and I feel better about myself. This thread/contest has been a good place to find encouragement!

I totally agree :) i have not given up. i am accepting that this is not to be the most active summer of my life and i am thoroughly enjoying reading and laying in the sun.

it's all about being where you are or to quote buckaroo bonzi "no matter where you go, there you are."

I'm sorry to hear about that woman. I agree anorexia can be really dreadful. My best friend in high school was down to 88 punds and had to be admitted to a hospital (luckily she's normal now) But, from a societal perspective I'm guessing the number of obese people in this country outweighs (pardon the pun) the anorexics 1000 to 1.

Btw, I'm not convinced those actresses are unhealthy. Some people are just smalled boned, or like SJP, former dancers. I once had this annoying co-worker follow me to the bathroom a lot. I finally asked er what was up and she told me she was worried I was a bullemic. I asked her if she'd ever noticed the grande cups of Starbucks on my desk that I drink 2 of per day (but how creepy is it to have your colleagues monitoring your peeing!?)

body dismorphia is not generally something someone can "just get over" it tends to be a life long process of working at it. a lot like recovering from alcoholism.

if you look at these women you can tell they are under weight for their frames by the way the top of their shoulder bone sticks up above the rest of their shoulder and the muscle. many many professional dancers are severely under weight. when i was in college one of my good friends was getting her bachelors in dance. lunch consisted of a baby food jar of pares. like high school and college wrestlers and gymnasts they more you can lose the better you do in the sport. many anorexics take their tips and tricks from people in these professions and activities. many anorexics use what is known as the Russian gymnast diet.

Google doth provide:

http://www.fading-obsession.com/diets/russian-gymnast-diet.php

... to quote buckaroo bonzi "no matter where you go, there you are."

That was such a great flick!

No change from the last time I posted. Still holding steady, but then, I'm not doing anything about it, either. :blush:

:brew: holding steady is better than gaining :grin: thats my current plan of action ;)

cheers buddy!!!

i have not given up. i am accepting that this is not to be the most active summer of my life and i am thoroughly enjoying reading and laying in the sun.

it's all about being where you are or to quote buckaroo bonzi "no matter where you go, there you are."

Talk about healthy and strong! THAT, my friends, is a fine example of a healthy attitude and personal strength. :tup: :tup:

Today's weigh in is 131 lbs. Not too worried about the one pound gain. It actually might be muscle gain :) Four different people who I hadn't seen in a few weeks came up to me this weekend and mentioned how I looked. All positive comments, too! I'm still avoiding alcohol, easy to do since I'd drank way to much over a week ago and can't even stand the smell now. And my clothes keep fitting looser so I'm definitely on the right track.

Muscles are good. :tup: Glad to hear you're feeling great(other than the temporary alcohol aversion--umm, did I miss that TR??) and getting good vibes from the friends' positive feedback. I'm sure it's all well deserved! :)

i have not given up. i am accepting that this is not to be the most active summer of my life and i am thoroughly enjoying reading and laying in the sun.

Talk about healthy and strong! THAT, my friends, is a fine example of a healthy attitude and personal strength. :tup: :tup:

*BLUSH* thank you Sherri!!!!!

Muscles are good. :tup: Glad to hear you're feeling great(other than the temporary alcohol aversion--umm, did I miss that TR??) and getting good vibes from the friends' positive feedback. I'm sure it's all well deserved! :)

Thanks Sherri. It's great having the support here and I know it's helped me stick with the diet/working out, but knowing others see a difference is a big boost. Mr.Rmncwrtr has been encouraging, but let's face it, after twelve years of marriage, he knows the answer he should give when I ask how I look.

And no TR on the alcohol incident due to lack of memory of happenings.

Thanks Sherri. It's great having the support here and I know it's helped me stick with the diet/working out, but knowing others see a difference is a big boost. Mr.Rmncwrtr has been encouraging, but let's face it, after twelve years of marriage, he knows the answer he should give when I ask how I look.

And no TR on the alcohol incident due to lack of memory of happenings.

:lmao: Not rememembering how drunk you got can be of the benefits of getting drunk. Like it neeeever happened....