Weight Loss Contest

Peter_Puget

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're on!

I think you are a good influence: especially with the positive energy, but just as importantly with actual eating. My cooking habits have deteriorated over the years. My meals taste awesome, but they are soooo fattening!

Now that you've climbed Index (and I think I've talked you into learning to aid as well) I bet I can get to to move to Index...at least for a while!

Woo-hoo! I'll pack the u-haul! :moondance: :moondance:

I was busy at the doctors yesterday, so I didn't weigh myself.

Right now I'm at 212.5 lbs. By the rules of the start date I'm down 4 pounds or by my start date I'm down 7.5.

I've actually put on some weight since last Wednesday when I was at 210 even. :cry:

Don't worry about the little ups and downs. It keeps the metabolism guessing. (I think that is partly what is behind the rebound weightgain following a "successful" diet; the body figured out that it was burning calories too fast to maintain its weight, so it responds to the loss by slowing the metabolism. It can become a bad cycle.)

As long as you're coming out with a net-loss over the long run, you're on track.

And don't forget that the changes you've instituted in your exercise and eating regimens are likely to produce some muscle gains, which can make it seem like the scale is tipping in the wrong direction. But it's ok.

The reduced numbers on the scale aren't as important as the improvements you'll make in your overall lifestyle. Don't be discouraged if it seems like you're achieving the latter before the former. In the end, they'll come into balance with each other.

I had a not-so-good diet day. Managed to eat vegetarian at Timberline Lodge last night and today. A beer and a few potato chips last night were the closest things to cheats. Tonight, however, after a long day and what looks to be an even longer night to get caught up on a project, I finally gave in to temptation. Cheats included a couple homemade chocolate chip cookies and a sinfully decadant piece of 72% dark chocolate bar. Both were presents from students I teach (yesterday was our last class) so I'm justifying my fall on wanting to enjoy their gifts. Now I can honestly say how yummy they were when I write thank you notes :)

partial week weigh in today after run 196 down 12lbs. 8-10 fat off. going for big number on monday...!running /exercise when hungry = fat burn. i only cut off coffee and excesses.

A LITTLE CHEATING IS FINE . if you burn it later.

EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO EXERCISE.

today i got to go back to spin class. i need shoes. and i am stoked.

Ride like the wind! :moondance:

Oh and i did. it was so awesome to do SOMETHING and work hard. My trainer spent the class yelling at me to sit my ass down and that i was working too hard on my foot. but she does that out of love. I only ate 1200 calories yesterday, mostly because i was busy as hell. got on the scale this am and i am didn't lose a thing. but i feel better. it feels so awesome to push my body to the point where i am really working, sweaty and tired. I love that.

so thing 2 is playing baseball this season. i went to his game last night after i worked out and it was every thing i could do to not walk over and publicly flog the coach for the other team. :anger::sick:

totally reminded me of why i have always hated sports (team sports that is)