ok, cc.com's biggest news in years!

Distel32

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Luke--it doesn't matter how much karmic payback your kid gives you for being tough on your parents. jr. will bring you more joy than heartache.

don't listen to rumr. you don't have to travel with that much stuff. well, maybe if you're travelling by camel you'll need to pack more smirk.gif

exciting news! keep us posted fruit.gif

The prenatal care here isn't that good. But we are having the baby at a private hospital that is basically inbetween a hospital in the states and the public hospitals here. At the last ultrasound the baby's heart was fine, the bones looked good and its head was down, so hopefully things will continue in that manner. Pre-natal vitamins here are $40 for 2 months! haha, but don't worry my dads brining a few bottles when he comes in April....

We had family friends doing mission work in Mongolia - they went out-country (Bangkok, I think) for the birth of their kids - but it sounds like you have a good option.

Congrats and all - it sounds like the inscrutible East has set you up for some substantial adventure.

How complex are the customs forms for bringing back the yaks in the dowry?

Luke--it doesn't matter how much karmic payback your kid gives you for being tough on your parents. jr. will bring you more joy than heartache.

don't listen to rumr. you don't have to travel with that much stuff. well, maybe if you're travelling by camel you'll need to pack more smirk.gif

exciting news! keep us posted fruit.gif

its never much for the honey, cuz hubby packs it all and carries it...duh! the_finger.gif

Congratulations. Kids are love sumps. Here's mine: Forrest & Liam

106616967_dca5cce421.jpg

OMG those are about the cutest kids I have ever seen. Little heartbreakers! wink.gif

You have obviously never seen my daughter. smirk.gif (Not that there's anything wrong with those two. They look like a couple of capable fellows.)

Edit: although, they appear to be wearing REI jackets. Dad must be planning on exchanging them for bigger ones when the Jr. & Jr. outgrow them, eh? "Look, you can just tear these jackets apart with your bare hands!"

The baby is automatically an american citizen

We have defacto reproductive imperialism?! What the fuckers? confused.gif

Helpful babytime preparation hints:

Buy 8 to 12 alarm clocks, and have a friend set them to go off at random intervals throughout the night. When an alarm goes off, leave it wailing, then pick up a ten-pound weight and cradle it for 15-60 minutes. During this time, go to the kithchen and heat up some water (continuing to hold the weight), then take a few minutes to pour it out (simulating a feeding). Now spill some sour yak milk down your shirt (simulating the inevitable outcome of every feeding). Go back to the bedroom and change your clothes twice (once to simulate having to change your baby's clothes--peeing on yourself during this process is optional, but may help you adjust to the realities of baby maintenance). Attempt to go back to sleep.

Repeat this process or some variant thereof (it's like Crossfit--mix it up!) each time an alarm goes off. Continue this for about a month, after which time you may do away with half of the alarms. Don't forget to have fun!

You probably think I'm exaggerating... hahaha.gif

I'll second this. After six months we're down to one time a night and are feeling like we might survive this phase. I may even have the energy to climb again this spring.

If they weren't cute, we'd probably sell them into slavery.

1865johnny_Quiet_BW_-med.jpg

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif oh my god that is so funny. and true. they are really sweet when they sleep though. my boys are big now, hell i have one in the double digits this year. i sware they are more fun and more interesting every year.i wouldn't trade a minute of the years being a human napkin when the most important thing i did all day was wipe butts cool.gif

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif oh my god that is so funny. and true. they are really sweet when they sleep though. my boys are big now, hell i have one in the double digits this year. i sware they are more fun and more interesting every year.i wouldn't trade a minute of the years being a human napkin when the most important thing i did all day was wipe butts cool.gif

I can't wait till the little guy can tie in and start rope-gunning for me on those Cascade 5.9+ A2s. You can bet I'll be reminding him about all that butt wiping then.

Congrats!!

I am reading this at 5 am because I have a 6 week old. And I wouldn't have it any other way! While it is true that a many sleepless nights and alot of human waste are in your future, do not stress about it. Your perception of these things will change. A poopy diaper will become cause for celebration, and even after your darling has gone to sleep, you may find yourself lingering well into the dawn, gazing in wonder at the amazing being in your arms.

Good luck to you, I am sure you will be a wonderful father.

Congrats!!

I am reading this at 5 am because I have a 6 week old. And I wouldn't have it any other way! While it is true that a many sleepless nights and alot of human waste are in your future, do not stress about it. Your perception of these things will change. A poopy diaper will become cause for celebration, and even after your darling has gone to sleep, you may find yourself lingering well into the dawn, gazing in wonder at the amazing being in your arms.

Good luck to you, I am sure you will be a wonderful father.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

clearly you're still in the delirious phase of early long term sleep deprevation wink.gif

every year is better than the last. grin.gif i'm not sure i'll be saying that with the upcoming teenage years but we'll see. my kid's pretty great grin.gif

the best advice i received as a new parent "take too many pictures. they change faster than you can imagine"

Luke, that's really neat. So you're going to be a young parent, which is way mass cool for the kid(s), and the other upside is that you'll still be spry enough to really enjoy life after they have left the house. thumbs_up.gif

Good luck with the visa nonsense, come home soon so we can meet your Mongolian princess.

Luke,

Good on ya, Righteous, Congratulations, and all that! I hope all goes well for you regarding bringing your wife-to-be through INS/CIS/whatevertheywannacallthemselvesthisweek and the birth of your wonderful offspring!

While I have no experience bringing wives of foreign nationality into the US, my wife and I do have experience of bringing in kids (two, now). They aren't citizens until they clear the INS/CIS hurdle at the port of entry airport. While it should be a piece of cake to get your baby in country, I really wish you well (and a whole LOT of patience!) in getting Ariunaa in country. Again, great news!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

PS: I have a hardly-used Pack-N-Play fold-up portable playpen. Great for before they learn to walk. Stick 'em in it, go pebble-wrestling! What could be sweeter? It yours if you can figger a way for your Pop to get it there.