Women over 20

cj001f

I think how physically attractive men and women are is more closely tied to their health then their age.

wave.gif

Hmmm, true dat.

however:

My wife's inner beauty has tripled in the last 25 years. Thats right X3! Not that she's gone all to hell physically though. As she nears 50, although her shape is still there with some of the curves, they are certainly less pronounced than when we first got together (wider ass, less firm breasts, etc) and I don't give a rats ass about that. (Shes not wide, just aging in a normal way).

She has effected big time positive change on the most important thing to me, and thats her personality and the way she and I relate. She is a giving, caring loving person who works her ass off making me a happy person in many ways, including (only 1 of many examples) pushing me out the door to go climb or ski when I have grumpy moment.

Not to sound maudlin, but I'm more in love now with her than I ever have been. Shes an increadable woman, more so now that 20 years ago.

The real good stuff is truely inside- and I would never had said (or thought it as well) anything more true or stupid sounding 20 years ago. I use to look pretty much at the wrapping without thinking what was underneath (personality) inside the package. What is underneath the hood counts in cars and in women -big time.

There - you get the benefit of my 51 years and I didn't charge you for the knowledge.

Boys (and girls) pick your spouse damn carefully - go ahead and check out her ass first, but better be thinking of the insides when you deside to make it permanent.

the_great_truth.jpg

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is the case, then I am not at all attracted to women "in their prime". Wouldn't that be "girls" in their prime?

They are like those $600 shoes you will never buy: fun to look at, but get real.

Now a strong, direct, beautiful woman in her 30's or 40's, that's hot. It's like a force of nature sweeping by you. thumbs_up.gif

Our culture nurtures popular definitions for what is "interesting to look at in the buff"

Physical ideals have been around for a while - witness the physiques on display in hellenic/hellenistic statuary.

Right. And that culture's sentiment on beauty is represented in those statues. 3graces.jpgThis Hellennistic relief shows their notion of the idyllic female form with a few more pounds on the hips than our culture's most popular representations. A millenia and a half later we see this:rubens.jpgIt seems the plumpness of the idyllic female form is inverse to the availability of food to the general populace.

In our "Super-Size" culture of plenty, we herald the shapes of Tyra Banks, Halle Berry, etc., as the pinnacles of form.

Wut da fuck is this "salad days" allusion?

salad days, noun:

A time of youthful inexperience, innocence, or indiscretion.

Those were his salad days, and he thought they might last forever.

--David Gergen, " 'They Love You. Watch Out,' " New York Times, February 2, 1997

Salad days was coined by Shakespeare in Antony and Cleopatra: "My salad days,/ When I was green in judgment, cold in blood."

Thanks.

Our culture nurtures popular definitions for what is "interesting to look at in the buff"

Physical ideals have been around for a while - witness the physiques on display in hellenic/hellenistic statuary.

Right. And that culture's sentiment on beauty is represented in those statues. 3graces.jpgThis Hellennistic relief shows their notion of the idyllic female form with a few more pounds on the hips than our culture's most popular representations. A millenia and a half later we see this:rubens.jpgIt seems the plumpness of the idyllic female form is inverse to the availability of food to the general populace.

In our "Super-Size" culture of plenty, we herald the shapes of Tyra Banks, Halle Berry, etc., as the pinnacles of form.

Were the women depicted by Titian really representative of the ideals of his time? If the ideals depicted in his paintings were truly widespread it would seem as though you'd see them embodied in the works of more than a single painter, and you'd have dozens and dozens of paintings, frescoes, etc out there idealizing women that check in at two bills. Perhaps this is the case, but the fact that Titian is the one and only artist that comes up when people claim that at one time, a copious amount of adipose tissue was the sine qua non of the female form makes me suspicious.

Give me a fucking break. Some "men" are so fucking pathetic, it's hard to believe we are all human.

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Why don't we talk about little penises, beer bellies, male tire marks on their stinkin' underwear, male balding?

Why does everyone think it's OK to belittle and bash and objectify women? I'm getting a bit tired of it. Just STFU.

You know what would be funny is if every time a woman in the presence of an overly critical male in the middle of a tirade simply said: "You have a pancake ass, too much body hair, and a growing belly and I bet you have a tiny little dick to go with those other problems" Mr. Trask would think twice before saying mean things about others.

"Up until the late 1800s, the Rubenesque women painted by Rafael and Renoir were the female ideal. Extra weight on women was a sign of being rich and healthy.

Things began to change in the early 1900s. Plastic surgery and corsets became popular. The 1920s saw the Age of the Flapper. Thinness was the new sign of wealth. Dieting and sports became favorite pastimes. Scales started to appear in both bathrooms and kitchens.

By the middle of the century, silhouettes began to soften again. For the first time, cosmetics were widely available and used. The female ideal in the 1950s was Marilyn Monroe, a curvy size 14. Bikini sales skyrocketed.

The 1960s brought the birth of miniskirts, tights and Twiggy. For the first time in history, a woman who was severely underweight became the female ideal."

web page

My post was meant to convey the possibility that the concept of beauty, pertinent to the female form, is subject to the prevailing notions of a culture.

...if you integrate all idealized representations of the "perfect" female form over all times and cultures I doubt you'd end up with anything like a titian-era figure.
I imagine an average would present a figure close to those in the Greek relief "The Three Graces" shown above. Those celebrated in our media today appear emaciated in comparison.

I think how physically attractive men and women are is more closely tied to their health then their age.

wave.gif

Hmmm, true dat.

however:

My wife's inner beauty has tripled in the last 25 years. Thats right X3! Not that she's gone all to hell physically though. As she nears 50, although her shape is still there with some of the curves, they are certainly less pronounced than when we first got together (wider ass, less firm breasts, etc) and I don't give a rats ass about that. (Shes not wide, just aging in a normal way).

She has effected big time positive change on the most important thing to me, and thats her personality and the way she and I relate. She is a giving, caring loving person who works her ass off making me a happy person in many ways, including (only 1 of many examples) pushing me out the door to go climb or ski when I have grumpy moment.

Not to sound maudlin, but I'm more in love now with her than I ever have been. Shes an increadable woman, more so now that 20 years ago.

The real good stuff is truely inside- and I would never had said (or thought it as well) anything more true or stupid sounding 20 years ago. I use to look pretty much at the wrapping without thinking what was underneath (personality) inside the package. What is underneath the hood counts in cars and in women -big time.

There - you get the benefit of my 51 years and I didn't charge you for the knowledge.

Boys (and girls) pick your spouse damn carefully - go ahead and check out her ass first, but better be thinking of the insides when you deside to make it permanent.

the_great_truth.jpg

*snif* and THAT is why Bilco RULES!!!!!!! cool.gifbigdrink.gif