Smith Rocks

baldwin

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of fat I stepped on a scale today and found out that I am 157% of RumR's weight and only 112% of his height - plus I have 10 years on him! cry.gif

Looks like I am going to have to take up alpine climbing.

Speaking as someone who slurped down 2 pints of Haagen Daz last night, best not go there.

Smith looks like it would be classic spring weather! Perfect for the south faces, which is plenty of stuff. Both Meadows and Timberline closed to skiing Tuesday, which usually doesn't happen until Spring.

So spring is here, it's almost official now.........a little early no, Jan 19th? Only difference would be the shortness of the days.

Speaking of fat I stepped on a scale today and found out that I am 157% of RumR's weight and only 112% of his height - plus I have 10 years on him! cry.gif

Looks like I am going to have to take up alpine climbing.

Sweet! I need a ropegun... I can carry all the stuff so you don't develop leg muscles. wave.gif

Smith Rock was incredibly good on Saturday; probably on Sunday, too. Aside from the wind, it was one of the best days in recent Smith memory. Perfect temp'ature, not too sunny or too cloudy, lots of friends there but not too crowded, T___ brought along some insanely good rum, got on a 'tard--er, trad--route (on TR), ran into Jonah on the trail out whilst passing the bottle, killer dinner at Martina's on the way home. The only thing that would've made the weekend better is if we had stayed for Sunday, too. And maybe if there had been some sending.

For those who stayed home, you totally missed out, and also thanks for keeping the crowds down. wave.gif

I concur on the weekend, perfect temps and lots of sun. A little crowded on Sat. so we headed to the Marsupials and had the place to ourselves. Almost got a sundburn. Sunday it cleared out a bit by noon but the wind picked up. Still like spring out there, but wait it's supposed to be winter. And DFA, the real secret mexi-spot is in Metolius, better know your espanol.

Smith Rock was incredibly good on Saturday; probably on Sunday, too. Aside from the wind, it was one of the best days in recent Smith memory. Perfect temp'ature, not too sunny or too cloudy, lots of friends there but not too crowded, T___ brought along some insanely good rum, got on a 'tard--er, trad--route (on TR), ran into Jonah on the trail out whilst passing the bottle, killer dinner at Martina's on the way home. The only thing that would've made the weekend better is if we had stayed for Sunday, too. And maybe if there had been some sending.

For those who stayed home, you totally missed out, and also thanks for keeping the crowds down. wave.gif

hey....just wanted to give you my personal thanks for making us feel all left-out like the_finger.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif