Drive over fiscal cliff - yes!

Jim

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too bad Howard Dean had that Ballmer moment because he actually is not only a great mind but isn't afraid to say it how it is.

He's an extremist. No different than Rush Limbaugh or anyone far right that you would hate.

He is VERY different that Rush Limbaugh. VERY different. Wanting to balance the budget.... hardly an extremist.

It's too bad Howard Dean had that Ballmer moment because he actually is not only a great mind but isn't afraid to say it how it is.

He's an extremist. No different than Rush Limbaugh or anyone far right that you would hate.

He is VERY different that Rush Limbaugh. VERY different. Wanting to balance the budget.... hardly an extremist.

wait, I thought republicans and democrats were all the same, that's what you keep telling me

• 3 months later...

So - Boner could't even get his own Plan B passed in the House - so what could possibly be palatable to the teabaggers?

Congress will likely come up with some minor agreement and then set another cliff deadline in 4 months, or we'll have a similar self-imposed debate around the debt limit. What a way to run a country - thanks Republicans and Teabaggers.

So - Boner could't even get his own Plan B passed in the House - so what could possibly be palatable to the teabaggers?

Congress will likely come up with some minor agreement and then set another cliff deadline in 4 months, or we'll have a similar self-imposed debate around the debt limit. What a way to run a country - thanks Republicans and Teabaggers.

Gee, Jim - Democracy sure is hard!!!

It was the Republicans that wanted the "fiscal cliff" set up as a result of their uncompromising position on the last go-around on the debt ceiling. And now they are doing the same thing - no compromise. It's not reassuring at all to the financial markets and an odd way of running a budget.

As for democracy - the majority of Americans want a the tax break for $250k+ earners to expire. Just get on with it already.

It was the Republicans that wanted the "fiscal cliff" set up as a result of their uncompromising position on the last go-around on the debt ceiling. And now they are doing the same thing - no compromise. It's not reassuring at all to the financial markets and an odd way of running a budget.

As for democracy - the majority of Americans want a the tax break for $250k+ earners to expire. Just get on with it already.

You should be jumping for joy - the cliff gives you Clinton-era tax rates for ALL! You know the era of massive growth and prosperity!

You should be jumping for joy - the cliff gives you Clinton-era tax rates for ALL! You know the era of massive growth and prosperity!

I actually DO think all the Bush era tax cuts should be eliminated - above and below $250k. Do the $250k now and phase in the others late given the weak economy. It was irresponsible to cut taxes and go to war at the same time. And yea, cut the military 10% - that minor trim is way overdue.

I actually DO think all the Bush era tax cuts should be eliminated - above and below $250k. Do the $250k now and phase in the others late given the weak economy. It was irresponsible to cut taxes and go to war at the same time. And yea, cut the military 10% - that minor trim is way overdue.

Phase what in? Bush only cut taxes for the rich, remember? That's what you people were humming as your mantra for years.

No. That's not true. I've been consistent on the need to get read of ALL the Bushie tax cuts. They were irresponsible and have significantly contributed to our present position - that and running an unnecessary invasion of Iraq. AND the logic of running those wars as "off-budget" items. Brilliant.

No. That's not true. I've been consistent on the need to get read of ALL the Bushie tax cuts. They were irresponsible and have significantly contributed to our present position - that and running an unnecessary invasion of Iraq. AND the logic of running those wars as "off-budget" items. Brilliant.

I hope they revert to the Clinton tax levels and that they impact you personally more than you anticipate, and I hope it hurts badly. :wave: