Damn

murraysovereign

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not absolving her of any and all responsibility: she jumped, no question, but I think the guy who walked her out onto the bridge and then urged her to jump should take some of the heat, too.

I've been out on a similar bridge myself, and I've had to drag my brother kicking and screaming back off another one. In both cases there were people trying to help, and there were other people laughing and jeering and chanting "JUMP!! JUMP!! JUMP!!" Those people made choices too, and just once I'd like to see some of them held to account.

Now Amy Winehouse is dead, like many others whose unnecessary deaths have been retrospectively romanticised, at 27 years old. Whether this tragedy was preventable or not is now irrelevant. It is not preventable today. We have lost a beautiful and talented woman to this disease.

This is from Russell Brand's blog. One of the better articles I've read about this for those who might be interested.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...