86ed

jon

After an inbox full of complaints and at the request of several of the moderators last night we banned crazypolishbob/agent orange from the website. Only reason I'm posting this is so people know that if they write us with a problem we'll look into it.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is indeed the case cavey than he seems to get worse everytime... I think we must use psycology or something. He's getting his jollies pissing people off and getting kicked off. That is his game. If timm@y and jon want to have some sort of controle than you have to somehow step out of his game and win at your own.IMHO [Wink] Dealing with a dificult three year old has come in verry handy today [big Grin]

as Jon said, we had complaints from a large number of users about said avatar. I pm'ed him 2x and warned him nicely... both times I recieved some nasty responses, claiming I get my jollies off by moderating a web site, i told him in fact it is a pain to moderate when wankers like him enjoy causing problems, blah blah blah.

Anyhow, we usually don't ban folks from the site, but it was obvious mr. bob had nothing positive to contribute.

I'm sure our buddy is reading this thread and laughing, heck i'm laughing a bit also, but dude, just give it up, don't come around here no more.

tim

Darn it, I guess that I'd better moderate my comments as well because I tend to upset people. I firmly believe that so-called "sport climbing" together with rampant bolting of my beloved rock is spelling the death of my beloved sport, and that it is being done, largely, by an entire generation of spoiled youth of this country who have only taken, and taken, and taken... and have never been required to give anything back. But, I have always thought that freedom of speech is still in effect, regardless how stupid and vulgar it may be. Dennis

quote:

Originally posted by Dennis Harmon:

Darn it, I guess that I'd better moderate my comments as well because I tend to upset people. I firmly believe that so-called "sport climbing" together with rampant bolting of my beloved rock is spelling the death of my beloved sport, and that it is being done, largely, by an entire generation of spoiled youth of this country who have only taken, and taken, and taken... and have never been required to give anything back. But, I have always thought that freedom of speech is still in effect, regardless how stupid and vulgar it may be. Dennis

Dennis - you've made your point. Several times. Your opinion on this matter is abundantly clear, even to those who may have missed your 20-odd posts expressing this very same sentiment in a number of other forums.

Surely as a hardcored trad-only old schooler you've got a lot of good beta and technical know how to share - why not post some of that every now and then instead of/in addition to the anti-bolting screeds? Just a thought.

quote:

I firmly believe that so-called "sport climbing" together with rampant bolting of my beloved rock is spelling the death of my beloved sport, and that it is being done, largely, by an entire generation of spoiled youth of this country who have only taken, and taken, and taken... and have never been required to give anything back...Dennis

One more thing. Which generation are you referring to here? Must not be us folks in our 20s.

You will recall that sport-climbing had its genesis in the early 80s, and that being the case, the generation responsible for the vast majority of the bolted routes and the ethics you deplore is your very own.

Even today I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone under thirty putting up new-bolted lines. I suspect this is partly a cost issue, and also partly because most of the accessible lines on quality rock that can't be protected with gear have already been bolted and there's really no need.

quote:

...an entire generation of spoiled youth of this country who have only taken, and taken, and taken... Dennis

And who spoiled these youths... why it must have been an older generation. huh Dennis So you old guys have nobody but yourselves to blame. [Razz][Razz][Razz]

I just wish I had a generation I could attach myself to, but I'm inbetween the Babyboomers and GenX. [Wink]

It't all good, Jon , because I know that I'm going to get kicked off this forum someday because you had, "an in-box of complaints," or that you'd received a request from, "several moderators," to do so. Silly me. I just thought that we still had free-reign of speech on this forum... even if you did have to deal with knuckleheads. Dennis

Dennis I really don't understand what your point is. I don't need anybody to tell me whether someone is out of control I can pretty much determine that on my own. Truth of the matter is I don't have time to read a fraction of what is said here so we rely on moderaters and users to help us keep things in reasonable. To be honest I don't like have to deal with this crap it is a complete waste of my time.

Dennis,

I have noticed that free speech is practiced in abundance on this site, largely uninhibited by the moderators. Agent Orange is the jerk who posted THE grossest and most profane thing I have read on the "joke for the hell of it" thread, for that matter I can't recall hving read something that sick anywhere. He was banned then and must have been given a second chance.

I don't view my posting privilages on this site as a God given right but rather a kind service from some people who do a lot of thankless work to keep it going. Should they one day decide to ban me for failing to climb better than 5.10 or my inept spelling I would just go away expecting a full refund for all the money I didn't pay.

quote:

open to suggestions mister layton....

give us the plan dude!

1st of all, don't confuse Necronomicon w/Crazy Polish Agnet Orange Bod. Different guy.

2nd, maybe you should call I.N.S. or hire a hit man?

3rd. I wouldn't piss the guy off. I know him. He really is fucking crazy. Good guy, really good massage therapist, fantastic climber. This may be his method of venting? Cut off that channel and he may take his rage out on some helpless young thing. I wouldn't want to see that.