Trash

luvshaker

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rain....please circle the bolts in this picture.

That is what I thought.

There are apparently hundreds, power-drilled in a wilderness area, as you probably know, as you seem to be proud of having endorsed such practices by climbing that atrocity.

Someday you might be smart enough to understand that it's not a matter of scale, but a principle.

zzzzzzzzz... snore.... fart....

Same old broken record, in the age of mp3s.

I feel sorry for you, letting your "principles" get in the way of the obvious progression of the sport. While you sit at home and rant about others ethics or lack thereof. The new generation of bolt clipping, plastic pulling "unethical" kids are out warming up on lines you'll never even project.

Climbing is climbing dude. Trad, Sport, Ice, Bouldering, Even plastic. All the "REAL" climbers out there know it. And even though many of them have a favorite, most of them will do whatever they can whenever they can.

P.S. I'd love to see a TR from you doin somethin, anything, recently.

The new generation of bolt clipping, plastic pulling "unethical" kids are out warming up on lines you'll never even project.

Producing each Sharma today requires a base of about 200,000 5.11 climbers who will never touch an ice screw or a piece of pro and who would piss on themselves at the prospect of being handed a rack at the base of your average old school 5.7. Progress? I guess so, if you ignore the overall demographics and get heavily into hero worship.

zzzzzzzzz... snore.... fart....

Same old broken record, in the age of mp3s.

And you seem to be deaf.

I feel sorry for you, letting your "principles" get in the way of the obvious progression of the sport. While you sit at home and rant about others ethics or lack thereof. The new generation of bolt clipping, plastic pulling "unethical" kids are out warming up on lines you'll never even project.

Sorry for me? What you wrote above is SAD!

Got a problem with having principles????

By the way, change doesn't automatically = "progress" or "good". The average backpacker starting at least 30 years ago, if not well before, has had a far clearer understanding of outdoor ethics than the typical modern sport climber. How many other outdoor sports find it perfectly

legitimate to add stuff and leave stuff, e.g. bolts and quick-draws? The clean-climbing revolution was overwhelmed by the safety, short learning-curve and convenience of sport-climbing. Proud of yourself?

Climbing is climbing dude. Trad, Sport, Ice, Bouldering, Even plastic. All the "REAL" climbers out there know it.

And you know them all, eh? And you also find yourself comfortable defining who is a "REAL" climber, too? Do you issue a certificate? I shake my head in wonder and dismay.

P.S. I'd love to see a TR from you doin somethin, anything, recently.

I read all of yours. They didn't say much.