johndavidjr

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you are still an ass.

I would rather have a heavily used inexpensive rental tent than a POS from walmart.

And, AAI (or any retailer) doesn't have too much flexibility in their pricing. Their pricing is based on "suggested retail" from the manufacturer. So if it is overpriced, then it is not the retailers fault. But I suppose AAI could sell POS walmart sandwich bag tents and send them off with no care for the clients like walmart does.

I've seen several of your posts and well you're a dip shit.

Assuming that climbers like to be "fleeced" is unfair that's like assuming your name entitles you to a role in the movie Deliverance.

I spent 3 years in the Army up in Alaska in the early 80's and was miserable at best with the shitty gear they issued. I'll take what you in your asshat opinion is to be the over priced gear.

Oh by the way speaking of tattoos post a pic of yourself I've got a special spot in my ass crack I'd like to have it done.

mods...please ban the boy.

until then, jdj...you're an ass.

don't know many "rich" climbers who enjoy being "fleeced.' in fact I know very few, if any who are stoked to have to pay retail, so they find ways not to. and to those who do pay retail, thank you for keeping the companies who make great gear afloat...also I'll be looking to swipe you're old gear for a steal at the next big gear swap (or from the yard sale).

one more thing...john, you're an ass.

they don't sell NF gear for a good reason. I worked there at teh transition away from NF. They started to screw with the retailers and their designs were drifting away from quality.

When was this? TNF circa 1998 is actually a very interesting story of a company going public, inflating sales with various schemes, letting out news about impending sales to the DoD - which were later lost, insider trading, cooking the books, impending sales to other retailers, and finally going private to VF. I bought in at $20, and it fell so far, so fast, I didn't get out until I was forced to sell to VF at $2.

Lawsuits have been started and faded away, as have FTC and SEC investigations. I am shocked that no one iended up in the grey bar hotel over this, but I have learned that "small" crash and burns like this are common in the stock market.

What saved TNF is that dealers need to stay warm

Edited by MarkMcJizzy

Wanna look at my Arc'teryx tattoo?

Sure, there's a tattoo thread, post up. I would think that as a reporter of things economic, including overspending on gear, these guys would show a bit more respect.

I'm a financial reporter, a pretty narrow field, but once in a while my stuff gets shoved in newspapers. Point made above, re. sourcing Noam Chomsky for GE earnings, is quite right. He wouldn't take my call, and if he did, he would have nothing of immediate relevance to say. Of course given all the $$$ in the financial industry, the copy editing desk is trained to be highly "conservative" in hewing to straight & narrow with the stuff they get.

Maybe is a bit like what I've said elsewhere about Right-Wingers having talked themselves out of a place in discussions of wilderness values. But in my view, Chomsky sounds nearly irrational about politics, & I gather his linguistic ideas of 40 years ago, while perhaps still of interest, have fallen out of favor as well. Once in a while analysts (typical sources) have moral impulses, but for the most part its just a great big machine that you glom on to & it pays your rent (barely)....and nobody really gets blamed because half the time you just say "the company said"