Boycott Kellogg's

Smoky_Mcpot

First let me say I don’t even smoke any more, mostly because of random drug testing at work, when I first stopped smoking I turned to alcohol and it devastated my life for awhile, not like the sweet herb, hey I do miss it, but as an adult you have to make some life decisions that are hard to take, a man has gotta work.

Michael Phelps did nothing wrong, would he be dumped if he was taking a swig off a bottle? Wake up pot isn’t a hard drug like meth or junk or even the legal drug alcohol; he was just a kid having a good time

He is a great athlete and has not used steroids to enhance his performance to cheat his way to success he did not lie about the bong like some athletes that cheated there way to success with steroids, so to me he has more integrity than those athletes or the fat cats at Kellogg’s that are making decisions because of money so let’s send them a message freedom comes before money

Boycott Kellogg’s

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are currently 80,000 Americans in prison for pot only offenses. Over 800,000 were arrested for pot just last year. The bulk of the drug war's resources go towards arrests for small amounts of pot. Not only is the human cost great, but the monetary cost of pot inforcement, particularly in a time of record deficits, is staggering. It's time this ridiculous state of affairs ended with regards to pot.

There is legislation on the floor in Olympia right now to reclassify pot as a non-criminal infraction. More information:

IMarijuana: It's Time for a Conversation

I always figured the laws would likely start changing in my lifetime. It seems most of the people that are so anti-pot are the aged and soon on there way out. Even most younger folks who don't ever partake realize what a huge waste of resources and human potential it has been to make pot illegal. That said, it's not good for your lungs, just like smoking anything else, so I don't think we should be fully legalizing it either. I would not be surprised if it was de-criminalized in Oregon any day now. The biggest obstacle to getting it de-classified as criminal will be the alcohol and tobacco lobbies fighting it tooth and nail, maybe the religious right too (IMO).

Maybe the thing to do is to also support those who stuck with Michael Phelphs?

As of last August:

A look at Michael Phelps' sponsors

Posted 8/18/2008 4:29 PM

Here's a look at the sponsors of American swimmer Michael Phelps, according to his agents. They declined to specify the value of the deals.

Speedo USA - maker of swimsuits, a licensed brand of the Warnaco Group Inc.

Visa Inc. - the credit card company

Omega - luxury watchmaker that is a unit of Swatch Group AG

Hilton Hotels Corp. - hotel chain

FIND MORE STORIES IN: Internet | Switzerland | Michael Phelps | Octagon | Kellogg Co | Omega | Frosted Flakes | Nestle SA | Eggo | PowerBar | PureSport | Cheez-Its

PowerBar - nutrition bar made by Swiss chocolate maker Nestle SA.

AT&T Inc. - communications provider

Kellogg Co. - maker of Frosted Flakes, Cheez-Its and Eggo waffles

Rosetta Stone Ltd. - language learning software maker

PureSport - sports performance beverage, made by Human Performance Labs

SwimRoom.com - Internet site for swimmers

Source: Sports and entertainment marketing company Octagon.

However, I look bad in a speedo and don't need the other stuff. I guess I could start dringing PureSport.

Either Kelloggs is being paranoid and doing this preemptively, or... they are getting a bunch of calls from sanctimonious losers who are demanding that Phelps gets dropped.

Interesting what they'd do if they got a bunch of calls from the stoner camp, who eat lots of cereal while having the "munchies" and demand that Phelp's sponsorship be reinstituted or else they'll eat another brand of cereals. :-)

Either Kelloggs is being paranoid and doing this preemptively, or... they are getting a bunch of calls from sanctimonious losers who are demanding that Phelps gets dropped.

Interesting what they'd do if they got a bunch of calls from the stoner camp, who eat lots of cereal while having the "munchies" and demand that Phelp's sponsorship be reinstituted or else they'll eat another brand of cereals. :-)

relying on stoners to get motivated behind a cause = certain suicide :)

That said, it's not good for your lungs, just like smoking anything else, so I don't think we should be fully legalizing it either.

Dave. What a right wing conservative statement to make. Just because it is bad for your lungs, you think it should not be legal for others to do? Didn’t you mean to say “ that said its not good for your lungs, just like smoking anything else, so I don’t think I will use it”……

Take care.

That said, it's not good for your lungs, just like smoking anything else, so I don't think we should be fully legalizing it either.

Dave. What a right wing conservative statement to make. Just because it is bad for your lungs, you think it should not be legal for others to do? Didnt you mean to say that said its not good for your lungs, just like smoking anything else, so I dont think I will use it

Take care.

yeah, you appear to know dave real well :rolleyes::)

Dave. What a right wing conservative statement to make. Just because it is bad for your lungs, you think it should not be legal for others to do? Didn’t you mean to say “ that said its not good for your lungs, just like smoking anything else, so I don’t think I will use it”……

Take care.

Kevboner, you are proof positive of the inimical, irreversible effects of THC.

Chalk dust is bad for your lungs. Banz it BANZ it!
Yes, we should ban smoking chalk, for sure.

I never said we should ban pot, just said it should not be a criminal offense to have/use it and that I'm not certain if having it fully legalized (like alcohol & tobacco is) in societies greater interests.

Take care.

No, I believe I said what I meant... I don't think pot should be a criminal offense but I'm not sure it is in our greater societies best interests to be able to go to 7-11 and buy an 8-ter skater. Just like I don't think tobacco should be so easy to get. I'm sure I will greatly offend all the die-hard smokers here, but we, as a collective society, end up paying for all the extra long term costs of smoking, or obesity, etc... I don't think we need the man to regulate every thing we do but making things that are harmful easier to get cost us all in the long run. So how do you feel when someone is dying of lung cancer after smoking for 50 years and then has no insurance and racks up several hundred thousand in medical bills that is ultimately passed on to us in the end? Sure, we can go on and on about other scenarios... not wearing seat belts, being fat and lazy, eating at McDonalds every day, whatever... we can't force people in society to do what is healthy (for them and society in general) but that does not mean we should make the un-healthy choices easy either (IMO). Now, if you give me the argument that pot is not at all bad for you, I call BS, just look at the inside of that pipe/bong and realize your lungs a getting the same sappy resin too. Course, everything in moderation, right?

Take care.

No, I believe I said what I meant... I don't think pot should be a criminal offense but I'm not sure it is in our greater societies best interests to be able to go to 7-11 and buy an 8-ter skater. Just like I don't think tobacco should be so easy to get. I'm sure I will greatly offend all the die-hard smokers here, but we, as a collective society, end up paying for all the extra long term costs of smoking, or obesity, etc... I don't think we need the man to regulate every thing we do but making things that are harmful easier to get cost us all in the long run. So how do you feel when someone is dying of lung cancer after smoking for 50 years and then has no insurance and racks up several hundred thousand in medical bills that is ultimately passed on to us in the end? Sure, we can go on and on about other scenarios... not wearing seat belts, being fat and lazy, eating at McDonalds every day, whatever... we can't force people in society to do what is healthy (for them and society in general) but that does not mean we should make the un-healthy choices easy either (IMO). Now, if you give me the argument that pot is not at all bad for you, I call BS, just look at the inside of that pipe/bong and realize your lungs a getting the same sappy resin too. Course, everything in moderation, right?

I am not giving you that argument that pot is good for you. It is not that healthy for you or anyone to use. BUT……..to answer your hypothetical scenario question….I feel terrible anytime someone gets cancer from smoking cigarettes. But on the flip side I say……WHAT THE FUCK WHERE YOU THINKING? It is common knowledge that smoking causes cancer. I will never smoke again myself…….but I will also never tell you that you cant smoke (unless its in my house or car).

As far as walking into 7/11 and being able to buy it…..you mean like cigarettes and alcohol? IMO they are WAY worse than pot.