John Frieh

RuMR

maybe you haven't met john - like more than a few folks 'roudn here, he comes off on the board a lot different than in person - what you shouldn't misunderstand is his enthusiasm and good-naturedness- the kid really, really likes to climb and is guilty of little more than being too zealous - he also takes the training thing crazy serious (but not so much he disdains climbing w/ the smoking/ho-ho eating crowd) which i think leads to a natural desire to have #s and times n' shit, which in lihgt of the whole iconoclastic nature of the enterprise, does look a tad silly. still - i like having john on the board and he earns his keep by actually posting tr's on a pretty regular business, building community by helping organize ice-comps, etc.

that said, if he badmouths beacon we might have to kill and eat him - i'm sure w/ all those burpees or whatevadafuck they're called, he'll make for good lean burgers :hcluv:

make sure ya let jonh know that i climbed el cap, why don't you tell him eight times

just in case he forgets. i heard he likes to take you dry tooling, being that you couldn't possibly go do that without his guidance.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe you haven't met john - like more than a few folks 'roudn here, he comes off on the board a lot different than in person - what you shouldn't misunderstand is his enthusiasm and good-naturedness- the kid really, really likes to climb and is guilty of little more than being too zealous - he also takes the training thing crazy serious (but not so much he disdains climbing w/ the smoking/ho-ho eating crowd) which i think leads to a natural desire to have #s and times n' shit, which in lihgt of the whole iconoclastic nature of the enterprise, does look a tad silly. still - i like having john on the board and he earns his keep by actually posting tr's on a pretty regular business, building community by helping organize ice-comps, etc.

No shit, John RULES! Awesome dude. DON'T BE HATIN Rudy, you need to get out with the guy, maybe his enthusiams can come off as chestbeating on paper, but in real life, his real persona with all that enthusiasm totally rules ! JF is #1 in my book, and I haven't been out a lot with him, but been out enough so thats what I know.

BTW, 'nother side note to get off topic on all this bashing and hating, but on that El Cap thing and Pink: dude toped out on Zenyatta Mendotta on CHRISTMAS FUC*ING DAY YOU FU*KING PUSSIES. FULL ON CONDITIONS WINTER ASCENT.

I get shrinkage thinkin' of it.

No shit, John RULES! Awesome dude. DON'T BE HATIN Rudy, you need to get out with the guy, maybe his enthusiams can come off as chestbeating on paper, but in real life, his real persona with all that enthusiasm totally rules ! JF is #1 in my book, and I haven't been out a lot with him, but been out enough so thats what I know.

BTW, 'nother side note to get off topic on all this bashing and hating, but on that El Cap thing and Pink: dude toped out on Zenyatta Mendotta on CHRISTMAS FUC*ING DAY YOU FU*KING PUSSIES. FULL ON CONDITIONS WINTER ASCENT.

I get shrinkage thinkin' of it.

wait...pink climbed el cap?

poor girl. next time tell your partner you want at least half an hour lying down

august_22_007.jpg

Shit yeah Minx, I been workin' out like this every evening from 10-7 am or so. I hasn't made me strong like John and Marcus though. Maybe I need to lose the down comforter, blankets and flannel sheets?

poor girl. next time tell your partner you want at least half an hour lying down

Shit yeah Minx, I been workin' out like this every evening from 10-7 am or so. I hasn't made me strong like John and Marcus though. Maybe I need to lose the down comforter, blankets and flannel sheets?

maybe more tossing and turning would help?

maybe you haven't met john - like more than a few folks 'roudn here, he comes off on the board a lot different than in person

Well maybe he should stop doing that.

and maybe the yappy fucking dog that lives next door to me oughta stop too, but that ain't gonna happen unless i throw a poisoned dog-treat over the fence, and john's too driven to eat snacks outside of regimented meal-times :)

people are who they are, and rare it is that they ever change

now seriously, did i hear somethign about pink climbing in california someplace?

now seriously, did i hear somethign about pink climbing in california someplace?

Pink may have climbed el cap eight times or whatever and yes that is super rad but what has he done lately? When was the last time he climbed el cap? Was it in this decade?

Pink reminds me of the classic "Uncle Rico Napoleon Dynamite" type... sure he may have taken his HS team to State and loves to tell you about it but you ask him what is going on in his life now and you get a blank stare... maybe pink is retired from climbing?

Pink may have climbed el cap eight times or whatever and yes that is super rad but what has he done lately? When was the last time he climbed el cap? Was it in this decade?

Pink reminds me of the classic "Uncle Rico Napoleon Dynamite" type... sure he may have taken his HS team to State and loves to tell you about it but you ask him what is going on in his life now and you get a blank stare... maybe pink is retired from climbing?

John...please shut the fuck up...people age, they quit climbing, they move on, maybe they come back, maybe they don't...maybe they don't train compulsively anymore...maybe they really do go and climb moderates only moderates now and don't feel the need to *chestbeat* girth pillar style...