John Frieh

RuMR

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes big man w/ little boy complex...you are much more subtle nowadays...you thought you were subtle on GP but were informed otherwise...now, you drop a grade, propose that it is completely moderate and hint that if you aren't climbing that level then you don't know what up...of course, reading between the lines, a reader is left with the impression that such a grade is a mere casual stroll to you, oh great one...

very subtle john, your chestbeats have become far more "subtle" and silky...

don't you have a mark twat idolation seminar to attend???

John, i think you are great 90% of the time, but man, seriously, sometimes you post shit that just gets me rollin'...People that know you personally and well obviously don't see it the same way i do, so i am completely reading it wrong, likely...

Pink reminds me of the classic "Uncle Rico Napoleon Dynamite" type... sure he may have taken his HS team to State and loves to tell you about it but you ask him what is going on in his life now and you get a blank stare... maybe pink is retired from climbing?

naw - he still climbs (and to my limited knowledge, at a higher grade on rock than you - come climb both pitches of flying swallow and flying dutchman w/ me this summer and we can both see how we measure up to what he's done) but he doesn't have the same alpine ambitions as you, john - he doesn't do big mtns/ice/extreme adventure stuff. similiar to you, i don't understand how anyone can love and be so good at one part of the equation and be so lackadasical about the other, but that's the way it is. at any rate, jim opdyke considers him as a son, and that's good enough for me to stick up for him, regardless of him climbing el cap or anything else, 10 years ago or 10 minute. i think well of you too, so let's just talk about climbing, which we all love in one form or another, in whatever shape we find ourselves in, from the depths of our slothful torpor or the zenith of our driven training routine.

i'd add, i generally like chestbeating - for fucks sake, what's the point of doing something if you can't get a crowd of nameless/faceless fucks to salute you for it? does anyone really think we've evolved away from our simian, primitive need to vindicate our preternatural excursions (our meaningless combats, far from the eyes of the world, as terray put it?)

Pink reminds me of the classic "Uncle Rico Napoleon Dynamite" type... sure he may have taken his HS team to State and loves to tell you about it but you ask him what is going on in his life now and you get a blank stare... maybe pink is retired from climbing?

naw - he still climbs (and to my limited knowledge, at a higher grade on rock than you - come climb both pitches of flying swallow and flying dutchman w/ me this summer and we can both see how we measure up to what he's done) but he doesn't have the same alpine ambitions as you, john - he doesn't do big mtns/ice/extreme adventure stuff. similiar to you, i don't understand how anyone can love and be so good at one part of the equation and be so lackadasical about the other, but that's the way it is. at any rate, jim opdyke considers him as a son, and that's good enough for me to stick up for him, regardless of him climbing el cap or anything else, 10 years ago or 10 minute. i think well of you too, so let's just talk about climbing, which we all love in one form or another, in whatever shape we find ourselves in, from the depths of our slothful torpor or the zenith of our driven training routine.

i'd add, i generally like chestbeating - for fucks sake, what's the point of doing something if you can't get a crowd of nameless/faceless fucks to salute you for it? does anyone really think we've evolved away from our simian, primitive need to vindicate our preternatural excursions (our meaningless combats, far from the eyes of the world, as terray put it?)

dood, you sound like a PNW'er...get in touch with your inner Least Coast Asshole please...

John, i think you are great 90% of the time, but man, seriously, sometimes you post shit that just gets me rollin'...People that know you personally and well obviously don't see it the same way i do, so i am completely reading it wrong, likely...

it seems like, by your own admission, you just need to get the hell away from work. i seem to recall both of us are father-types now, which make us all the more pissed off at these independent bastards who have the time and finances necessary to jet-set across the damned world in search of ice and adventure. me, i'm currently going through the cracks in my couch trying to scrap us gas money for a n cascades jaunt this weekend...if i can't find enough i'll have to settle for rainier for christ's sake!

sounds good you nerds! I hope pink starts posting some TRs... regardless of how new or old they are. In fact... I wish everyone would post more TRs:

TRs >>>>> spray

RuMR: chug chug chug chug! ;)

should i post on my recent epics trips to the o-o-o-o-o-gawd zone? :)

if sport climbing is like having gay sex, sport climbing in the rain is at least like having gay sex w/ a rock star :noway:

should i post on my recent epics trips to the o-o-o-o-o-gawd zone? :)

Just start a "what did you do last weekend" thread! Those are great!

actually, been doing most of my climbing during the week lately - it's nice only being 20 minutes away, and that most of routes are overhanging enough to stay dryish - maybe i need a "what the fuck i've been doing at 3 in the afternoon while you bastards are still in your cube" thread?

oh, i thought it more anabell lee'ish, ya know - wanna to shack up w/ a dead chick?

It was many and many a year ago,

In a kingdom by the sea,

That a maiden there lived whom you may know

By the name of ANNABEL LEE;

And this maiden she lived with no other thought

Than to love and be loved by me.

I was a child and she was a child,

In this kingdom by the sea;

But we loved with a love that was more than love-

I and my Annabel Lee;

With a love that the winged seraphs of heaven

Coveted her and me.

And this was the reason that, long ago,

In this kingdom by the sea,

A wind blew out of a cloud, chilling

My beautiful Annabel Lee;

So that her highborn kinsman came

And bore her away from me,

To shut her up in a sepulchre

In this kingdom by the sea.

The angels, not half so happy in heaven,

Went envying her and me-

Yes!- that was the reason (as all men know,

In this kingdom by the sea)

That the wind came out of the cloud by night,

Chilling and killing my Annabel Lee.

But our love it was stronger by far than the love

Of those who were older than we-

Of many far wiser than we-

And neither the angels in heaven above,

Nor the demons down under the sea,

Can ever dissever my soul from the soul

Of the beautiful Annabel Lee.

For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams

Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;

And the stars never rise but I feel the bright eyes

Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;

And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side

Of my darling- my darling- my life and my bride,

In the sepulchre there by the sea,

In her tomb by the sounding sea.

oh, i thought it more anabell lee'ish, ya know - wanna to shack up w/ a dead chick?

It was many and many a year ago,

In a kingdom by the sea,

That a maiden there lived whom you may know

By the name of ANNABEL LEE;

And this maiden she lived with no other thought

Than to love and be loved by me.

I was a child and she was a child,

In this kingdom by the sea;

But we loved with a love that was more than love-

I and my Annabel Lee;

With a love that the winged seraphs of heaven

Coveted her and me.